the LEGO Group

• Supportive environment
  • Inclusive work environment
Areas for improvement
  • Energising work tasks

Pretty interesting work. Very nice company to work for.

Ultimately it was a typical call centre job but LEGO was at least pretty interesting. Mostly troubleshooting (often digital products) and dealing with the post. Employee benefits are very good.

I recommend avoiding this place

The job itself, when it comes to customers, is fine. But the company is not a good one to work for. You are expect to go above and beyond every day in uncomfortable uniform and with minimum wage. Small yearly bonuses are offered provided the shops hit unreasonable targets. Benefits are very minimal. The store and area managers treat staff very poorly and don’t seem to care about you as a person. I can stress highly enough how awful it is working for this company.

Stagnant management.

There are hourly task rotations, such as tills, replenishing stock, cleaning, etc. This helped with morale and boredom however there seemed to be consistent favouritism taken in to account when allocating daily tasks and their perceived difficulty and enjoyability. There is also a lot of micromanaging and this often has a negative impact on the execution of the task at hand, partially due to the unnerving sense of being watched deteriorating your focus on the task. There is a clear sense that you are very replaceable, the rota is published 4 weeks in advance and management refuses all requests to swap shifts, even if the requested changes have no impact on contracted hours, payroll, or staff coverage. Roughly half the employees are students yet during children’s half term, staff’s academic responsibilities are completely disregarded and they are scheduled to be at work when they are required to be at university, without prior inquiry into their availability. Having visited other Lego stores it is extremely clear the Liverpool Lego store expects a lot more of their staff compared to other stores where staff appear more at ease. I have met several people who have worked in other Lego stores, and they have indicated that the Liverpool Lego store management has genuine notoriety within the company for their intense management style, which has consisted of the same people and approaches for over a decade.

Fun and inclusive

It's fun company to work for, everyone is nice and helpful. Management is very approachable and friendly. Home based but need to go to office 1 to 2 days a week.

Pros

Free LEGO toys + good discount

Cons

Repetitive job, low salary

Fun working environment, varied and challenging. Great autonomyFairly paid

I really enjoyed working for TLG.They encourage you to have fun and take ownership of your work. This is empowering.Great training.Truly a global workplace with great links.

Pros

Lack of communication on products sometimes

Cons

Shifts

Fun place of work

This is a good place of work, with good colleagues and good fun as well. There's no day I woke up and felt like I didn't want to go to work. I was working most of the time at home due to the pandemic. My team leader always gave me good advices to improve my performance. Trainings are also part of the job and are very helpful for your role.

Pros

Good salary, good team leader and colleagues, good fun, good company culture.

Cons

Having a seasonal contract doesn't guarantee a permanent job, your performance is based on the reviews giving by customers and not on the task you accomplish, no reviews from customers give you a bad performance.

Very bad experience

Lego provided me with a faulty product, Lego VPN gave me trouble shooting error and issues, their headphones didn't function properly during induction I have struggled a lott Even to listen them carefully, no job security , they can throw you out anytime with one week notice period. They can throw you out even during induction training too...

Okay. Zero security

You're just a number. Can be kicked out no matter how well you perform. Management have their favourites no matter how hard they try to show they don't.

Pros

Work from home and good if you're a lego fanatic

Cons

No job security. Poor way to judge performance.

One of the best places I worked for.

Very relaxed! Our boss advise us to have fun everytime we work. If your looking for a part-time job you should really consider working here. The pay is minimum yet the work load isn't hard at all. Everyone is friendly, even the customers. You also get to play lego all day in some shifts.

Pros

Discounts

Cons

Minimum wage

Customer advisors

Training is rushed .no one cares too much pressure and not explained .Clock watching ..absolutely unprofessional team meeting talking about each others desk photos .. treat ypu like kids .really shocking plus everyone is there never longer than 2 years ..standard call centre job

Pros

Nothing unless a lego freak

Cons

Unprofessional managers

Toxic work culture with no flexibility

You are expected to have full availability for sales associates. Management is toxic. Min pay. No flexibility. You have to take the hours they give or you don’t have a job.

Pros

Fun environment

Cons

No flexibility. Low pay

Fun place to work

A very calm and casual working environment that supports remote working and independent working. A very supportive team that give back to the staff through lots of team engaging activities and events.

Fun for young people

Worked at LEGO as a consumer service advisor for about 9 months as a transition period, commuting daily from London. Office located in Slough not so close to the station. Bit of a walk but shuttle available for staff. Excellent colleagues in a very collaborative and multi-cultural atmosphere which was very cool. Training and career opportunities were provided for those wishing to progress. Fair management. Only real issue was dealing with certain clients at the times and lateness policy, perhaps too strict given the office location.

Pros

Staff discounts, paid overtime

Cons

Weekend shifts, early starts (8am)

On the surface is not what's underneath

A culture of 'jobs for mates' and creating a competitive atmosphere that fosters distrust among low level employees in order to make higher ups look better and advance THEIR careers. Job opportunities are slim to none, and even then its who the manager is mates with that gets it. Poor pay and zero work/life balance. They'll change shifts on a whim and without asking you first.

Can be fun

I kind of did enjoy my time, other staff members were nice (not all). The best thing about is dealing with the parents and the kids; seeing them all happy did generally made me feel happy. The thing I hated was the manager. He spoke about being fair and that's why we have rules in place. I will always follow the rules, the fact of the matter is, I see you break the rules.. Best hope I don't get proof of you breaking them. That manager knew this and knew how some staff members were just absolute devils to other staff members and so I complained about it. I was told off in front of everyone. Oh well, he'll just have to keep trying to do that. I just left. They weren't listening and weren't being fair with me. Couldn't even go to school at the time because they changed my timetable last minute. The management was a nightmare.

Awful Store. Awful management.

DO NOT APPLY TO WORK AT THE LEICESTER SQUARE STORE. They do not care about their employees' mental health or physical health. You are only treated well if you suck up to management. Don't bother even thinking you'll work there long term. One week in and you'll regret ever applying for that store. They'll offer you a 16hr contract but you'll be forced to work 30hrs plus. There's nothing good about that store.

Imaginative and supportive workplace

Working for the LEGO Group is a privilege. The family involvement is felt through all areas of the brand, and staff feel recognised and valued in all roles.

Efficient and enjoyable

Hardest part of the job was to interacting with people from different backgrounds. A typical day at work would be helping customers, sweeping lego from the floor, directing people to products, making people laugh. Workplace culture involved a lot of hierarchy which made me feel uncomfortable.

Cons

short hours

A perfect job

The most enjoyable, fulfilling and supportive job I have ever had. If it wasn't for the fact I had to relocate to an area without a LEGO store, then I would have remained with the LEGO Group for as long as possible. If another store ever opened in a commutable distance, I would apply instantly

fun workplace

This is a great work place that I had an internship in it was fun and creative and everyone was welcoming and interesting. They were very welcoming and helpful.

Ambiente de trabajo agradable

Adoro trabajar para Lego, el ambiente es agradable y mis compañeros muy mables

Ask a question about working or interviewing at the LEGO Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement