the LEGO Group

the LEGO Group Employee Reviews

Very relaxed! Our boss advise us to have fun everytime we work. If your looking for a part-time job you should really consider working here. The pay is minimum yet the work load isn't hard at all. Everyone is friendly, even the customers. You also get to play lego all day in some shifts.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Minimum wage
Training is rushed .no one cares too much pressure and not explained .Clock watching ..absolutely unprofessional team meeting talking about each others desk photos .. treat ypu like kids .really shocking plus everyone is there never longer than 2 years ..standard call centre job
Pros
Nothing unless a lego freak
Cons
Unprofessional managers
You are expected to have full availability for sales associates. Management is toxic. Min pay. No flexibility. You have to take the hours they give or you don’t have a job.
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
No flexibility. Low pay
A very calm and casual working environment that supports remote working and independent working. A very supportive team that give back to the staff through lots of team engaging activities and events.
Worked at LEGO as a consumer service advisor for about 9 months as a transition period, commuting daily from London. Office located in Slough not so close to the station. Bit of a walk but shuttle available for staff. Excellent colleagues in a very collaborative and multi-cultural atmosphere which was very cool. Training and career opportunities were provided for those wishing to progress. Fair management. Only real issue was dealing with certain clients at the times and lateness policy, perhaps too strict given the office location.
Pros
Staff discounts, paid overtime
Cons
Weekend shifts, early starts (8am)
A culture of 'jobs for mates' and creating a competitive atmosphere that fosters distrust among low level employees in order to make higher ups look better and advance THEIR careers. Job opportunities are slim to none, and even then its who the manager is mates with that gets it. Poor pay and zero work/life balance. They'll change shifts on a whim and without asking you first.
I kind of did enjoy my time, other staff members were nice (not all). The best thing about is dealing with the parents and the kids; seeing them all happy did generally made me feel happy. The thing I hated was the manager. He spoke about being fair and that's why we have rules in place. I will always follow the rules, the fact of the matter is, I see you break the rules.. Best hope I don't get proof of you breaking them. That manager knew this and knew how some staff members were just absolute devils to other staff members and so I complained about it. I was told off in front of everyone. Oh well, he'll just have to keep trying to do that. I just left. They weren't listening and weren't being fair with me. Couldn't even go to school at the time because they changed my timetable last minute. The management was a nightmare.
DO NOT APPLY TO WORK AT THE LEICESTER SQUARE STORE. They do not care about their employees' mental health or physical health. You are only treated well if you suck up to management. Don't bother even thinking you'll work there long term. One week in and you'll regret ever applying for that store. They'll offer you a 16hr contract but you'll be forced to work 30hrs plus. There's nothing good about that store.
Working for the LEGO Group is a privilege. The family involvement is felt through all areas of the brand, and staff feel recognised and valued in all roles.
Hardest part of the job was to interacting with people from different backgrounds. A typical day at work would be helping customers, sweeping lego from the floor, directing people to products, making people laugh. Workplace culture involved a lot of hierarchy which made me feel uncomfortable.
Cons
short hours
The most enjoyable, fulfilling and supportive job I have ever had. If it wasn't for the fact I had to relocate to an area without a LEGO store, then I would have remained with the LEGO Group for as long as possible. If another store ever opened in a commutable distance, I would apply instantly
This is a great work place that I had an internship in it was fun and creative and everyone was welcoming and interesting. They were very welcoming and helpful.
Adoro trabajar para Lego, el ambiente es agradable y mis compañeros muy mables
Gives you excellent training where you learn lots about customer service. Treat you well, allows you to have flexible hours. Work colleagues are really friendly. Overall, great place to work.
Pros
good pay, flexable hours, good training
Cons
LEGO is a world known brand and therefore makes it very easy to understand the desire and excitement in everyone there to deliver top product and service every time
Every day was completely different. It was busy yet fun environment. My colleagues were lovely and we got on well. As employees we got to take lego sets home to build and bring for the display. Our customers were mostly young children and I learned how to be super patient.
Managers are awesome, colleagues are really nice as well. It's an easy job, good staff discount. Customers are lovely and you finish your shift happy every time!!
Great company, provides excellent training and the team building is second to none. The management team sadly turned out to be a complete liability.
Amazing company, best work place I have ever been in. If you want amazing colleagues from all over the world this is the place for you. Unfortunatly no common sense in management, KPI's are not followed and monitored correctly and no career progression possible.
Great brand, great company. Recent culture shift impacting current performance. People and culture very strong in business units. No two days the same.
Pros
Brand, Product, People
Cons
Corporate management
Normal customer servce office job with repetetive work under time pressure and a bad service quality check system. If you get lucky and stay long enough there might be some oppertunity to grow within the company though and it really depends on the team leader.
  1. Employee reviews