The Listening Company

The Listening Company Employee Reviews in Portsmouth

Sky Customer Relations / Early Customer lifecycle

When I started with the company I found it stressful as I was not told a lot and had to find my own feet with the job role but then became proffent and became a super user helping others to understand the job role and better themselves. I then helped to start up the Sky customer relations campaign and found this to be very rewarding in job aspects and customer feedback but unfortunately due to moving I had to give up the job.

Pros

Staff

typical day

typical day was very busy as it was a fast sales business we also had to sell for lost different company's depending on the demand but training was always given

Pros

weekly pay

Fun for a while

Was a great place to work but then they lost a lot of campaigns and the work was low so sent home without pay. Whilst there was work was fun and a vibrant place to be

Pros

fun

Cons

no work

Stressful place to work

Selling products can be very stressful, especially when you have targets to meet every week. I enjoyed the people I worked with, however I would not work in sales again.

busy call centre

Really enjoyed working here. Really good fun working environment. Lots of different types of people which is very interesting. Loved the different campaigns and hard work pays off.

Good job to build experience

Good for building experience in the Telesales line of work, good company, good benefits. Good job paid the bills. Would recommend to anyone

Poor, mind numbing. autobot role

Nothing good to say at all Incoming calls for loan applications and consolidations. Nothing interesting, taking credit card applications and offering the now frowned upon ppi.

Pros

nothing

Cons

everything

was fun but not all the time

as much as it was fun the management were more interested in their own personal gain, and for what we had to deal with from the customers we had no respect from them at all.

Pros

half price sky

Cons

long hours for lite pay

Outstanding

Brilliant place to work. The people and management were excellent and were always able to offer support to you at any moment. Definitely would return.

Great Learning

I was working for the Swine Flu Helpline as a temp job and the hours were long but I was working weekends only and the rate was fantastic. This was only a temporary job which was a shame.

Pros

Good rate.

Cons

Temporary Employment

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at The Listening Company?

not my ideal job

I took this job up when I moved back home and this was only a temp job until I found something closer to home, the only good thing I gained extra customer training

Productive workplace with a good prefessional attitude

I currently work in a fast paced office based job, with a professional yet relaxed atmosphere. a typical day includes dealing with customers via e-mail and telephony channels, problem solving and assisting clients as and when required. Whilst employed I have become a competent user or computers and Microsoft office tools i.e excel, word and outlook. I have really enjoyed assisting both customers and clients on a daily basis and problem solving as i enjoy a challenge. The company have a great management system with regular 1 to 1's being scheduled in. The hardest part of my job is working long hours up to 9pm at night Monday to Sunday.

Pros

Professional and friendly atmosphere, busy office environment and good managment.

Cons

Late finish times

fun workplace

I would be answering the phone to customers wanting to return orders or cancel items, I would have to keep the customer happy and satisfied with the service they wanted. My fellow co workers were always there to help me if i needed advice as well as my management.

Pros

enjoyable enviroment

Cons

long hours and weekends

Great for young people, gaining experience.

I enjoyed working at TLC within the Sky Customer Relations department. I was able to gain a lot of experience within customer service (and also administration) by dealing with vast amounts of letters, calls and emails relating to escalated customer complaints. I was able to act on each query differently and helped resolve each case. I would say this company is great for people looking to gain experience working within a call centre position and/or customer service role. The salary was minimal without any option to progress or get a pay rise, so I would say it is a great job to have temporarily, especially as a younger person. I worked there when I was 17 (am now 23) for a couple of years and felt it really gave me confidence and knowledge to further my career. I am now a successful PA to Managing Director and am hoping to continue learning and improving all my skills within administration. Overall, workwise - good place to work. Social-life - you will meet a lot of people at TLC and it is a great place to make friends.

Pros

Good experience

Cons

Occasional shift work

Productive.

Taking inbound calls and filling credit card applications, dealing with queries and requests. Friendly environment.

Pros

Flexible working

Cons

air conditioning

excellent benefits and a good job

Excellent place to work, able to pick up a lot of knowledge on a day to day basis, new challenges and excellent job benefits!

Challenging and invaluable experience

a huge percentage of the job was problem solving and I had to provide quick resolutions in the face of obstacles. Many difficulties came with the job but the most difficult would be disappointing customers i.e when the issue is not within your power to fix. The most enjoyable part of the job would be a genuinely happy/satisfied customer.

Pros

experience

Cons

Good place to start out!

I was an outbound worker and would make calls to existing customers and offer a credit card. I learnt how to pitch and close a sale. I learnt important Customer Service Skills and also administration skills. Management were always happy to help. Hardest part was the long hours but the people that worked there made it worth it.

call centre

Dealing with customers on phone taking payments dealing witth enquires

Workplace

Working for the Listening Company helped improve my customer service skills. my main duty involved dealing with customer queries and resolving them as best possible. There was a great team of managers who were very supportive when dealing with customers making complaints.

Cons

Long Hours

good place to work

was a good place to work learned to ask the right questions to get the job done

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Listening Company. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7Job security/advancement