The London Clinic

The London Clinic Employee Reviews

United Kingdom44 reviews

Very good team work

Really change my life to start work at the London clinic . Start working again with my friends means everything to me. Like familly , everybody support each other under any circumstances

Pros

Salary

Cons

Lack of staff

9 November 2021
Thank you for taking the time to write this review.We are aware that in order to ensure our employees are happy within their roles, and that patient safety and care is maintained, it is essential to have the necessary numbers of skilled employees around them - we are constantly recruiting for the very best clinical and non-clinical staff to join the organisation and to further support our colleagues.We are delighted that you have rated us highly for work/life balances as well as job culture, and that you have mentioned the support our clinical and non-clinical teams provide for each other.Thank you again for taking the time to write this review!

Pressurised micromanaging. Low staff morale

I worked at this hospital for many years and it used to be a wonderful and well run place. All that changed with new management. Everything went downhill and focus was on profit margins. Staff are treated appallingly by managers who all stick together. Any concerns which are raised are not taken notice of, and staff are then targeted until they are forced to leave. Workloads are huge with constant pressure. A very unpleasant working environment with no support.

Pros

Colleagues are wonderful

Cons

Long hours, minimal support, huge workload. Pressurised

26 August 2021
Thank you for your review, we do appreciate your thoughts and feedback.The London Clinic is a charitable organisation, such that any surplus profits are transferred back into the company helping us to drive forward our mission of reinvesting our income to deliver better patient outcomes, via updating equipment and employee training and development, for example. This means we are not focused on profit margins as mentioned, but the care of our patients and supporting our employees instead.We are committed to maintaining and developing a supportive and warm working culture, where employees' contributions are valued. This has been supplemented by the introduction of our Freedom to Speak Up Guardians across the organisation, in addition to our Employee Relations and HR Team who are always happy to offer support and guidance where required and requested.We do thank you for your time with us and wish you all the best for the future!

managers are inexperienced, poor pay rates,

one of those companies that appears great from outside, on inside not so much.management stunt growth- all reltaively new team very inexperienced give bad advicepretentious customers.Pay not worth stress.

Pros

private health, nice location

Cons

most things

26 April 2021
We appreciate you taking the time to write a review for us and are happy to take your comments on board.The London Clinic are proud to embody our "Grow Your Own" policy, where employees have the opportunity to progress their careers where possible, with the support of our Managers and L&D team, who provide fantastic clinical and non-clinical training and support throughout the year.We are happy that our pay scales are competitive within London and carry out continual and annual reviews to ensure that this remains the case, in order to attract and retain all of our valued employees within the organisation.Thank you for your service with us, we wish you all the best in your career!

Good

Excellent working environment with sound and professional person with clear vesion of organigation objective. Also have tranning and entertainment facility for staff.

10 December 2020
Thank you for taking the time to write your lovely review! We are delighted that you enjoyed your time working with us and wish you all the best for the future!

I had fun at the london clinic not until i realised they dont value me

I learned so much how to deal patients consultants on the day to day basis. Its has been a good 6 years working at the london clinic. Its about time for me to change job and move on.

10 December 2020
Thank you for taking the time to write your review and thank you for your length of service with us, it is much appreciated!We ensure that all employees have the ability to speak out without fear of reprisal, you would have been more than welcome to speak to our HR Team to discuss any concerns you may have had, however thank you again for your time working with us and we are delighted that you were able to develop your skills with us over a number of years before starting a new position. We wish you all the best in your new role!

Awful place to work

A housekeeping department is a place where some supervisors and managers have no idea what a culture of communication is. The favoritism is only one way to communicate there. If you are not a favorite, forget about this place, otherwise, you will be work like a donkey. In the meantime, the favorites will be doing long conversations with their managers. Hypocrisy is the mainline in the relationship between each other, most of the staff just talk over behind the back. It is only your problem- to get stuff for work, the management doesn't care about it.

10 December 2020
Thank you for taking the time to write your review and for your thoughts about your time here at The London Clinic.We ensure that there is open communication across all teams within the organisation and as per our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion, ensure that all employees are treated the same.We are also committed to ensuring a suitable work/life balance for all of our employees and are keen to ensure this for all staff, regardless of position or seniority.

Its very good place to work

It's very busy in the morning , with admissions, I am happy to be working here, People are friendly. night DUTY IN QUITE busiest., and we have to bloods and wound dressings and ,ecg and jej feeds.

10 December 2020
Thank you for your 5-Star review, we are delighted that you enjoyed your time here at The London Clinic and we wish you all the best for the future!

Management V staff

Actions are not done to make your work better! Favoritisms is a big issue & work culture is poor. You work very long hours & your not appropriated. Sadly the Clininc does not appreciate your input nor your outside work ethic. The Clininc puts its priority’s always first & you make to know that.

Overall its OK

I work well with my colleagues but it is very stressful especially when there is not enough staff. there is also no progression hence its hard to advance.

It's a great place to work. You have clear guide and support from the day one when you star. As an employee you have opportunity to develop yourself, many benefits, a great pension scheme.

Productive, Intense, Collaborative.

It is a very busy Department most of the times. Politeness, concentration and working as a team and good communication skills are required at all times.

Nice Environment

The London Clinic is a good place to work, sometimes can be stressful as any other work place within medical sector. People are mostly nice and professional.

Cold and sad

Horrible place to work. The Administration office is filled with a bunch of bullies. Training is terrible they only give you 2days to learn then your left on your own. New starters are always made to work till 7pm. No support. I felt alone and depressed all the time that’s why I left

Pros

Nothing at all

Cons

Longs hours, horrible staff

Fantastic opportunity to start new departments R&D and Clinical trials

Medical Device trials enhanced with patient focus from ten years Nursing management. Set up site special access program treating 135 patients; delivering global first patient enrolments on two studies, including collaborations with Universities, Charities and NHS trusts.

so much politics and no real opportunity to advance and grow

All members of management know each other and are friends. Hard for staff to grow and be promoted or advance in the company. very unfair place to work.

Pros

staff are nice to work with

Cons

management is so poor and very cruel and unfair

Great place to work. Great opportunities for staff to grow. Chance to work across many sites with different team members. Modern, clean environment and staff are well looked after and supported by management.

Pros

Onsite cafeteria

Cons

Buildings spread over large area

Excellent team culture and care standards

Fantastic place to work. High standards of care and great nurse/patient ratios. Executive team are approachable and engaged in the day to day. Canteen is great too

busy and productive

A typical day is getting the lists ready for radiographers, replying to email enquiries to secretaries and patients, answering phones and packing and sending reports out. This is a very busy role but extends your knowledge of the department very well.The most enjoyable part of the job is the people you work with as a team and the feeling of helping the patients to your fullest capabilities.

Recruitment

I was called for an initial telephone interview and the first thing I noticed was they left an unreachable telephone number (to call back) so need to call the Main switchboard,second, a hard to understand admin staff and lastly no confirmation of what follows next..All in all, 2 rates out of 10.

productive ,exciting and fun work place

A typical day at The London Clinic recovery unit is very busy due to the variety of surgical services provided by the hospital. It has two recovery departments, a minimal invasive therapy unit and, the main theatre’s recovery. I am employed in the main theatre’s recovery to provide evidenced base care and best practice care for all patients under my care. I am privileged to work with some of the best consultants. I am surrounded by nurses (including management) who are considered experts in post anaesthetic care. This is a rich environment for consolidating my learning, which has enabled me to work well under pressure, as part of a team or on my own. The recovery team has great rapport with each other, even in the busiest periods. The culture is one of togetherness and communication. The peak times can be the most challenging periods as the turnover of caseload increase. However, I enjoy these the periods as I feel I provide patient with the care.

Pros

great team work

Disorganized

Although I did enjoy my 25 years at the London Clinic it was always a struggle to make administrative changes that would improve the processess throughout the clinic. Also departments are working in silo rather than working together to reach the goal of ensuring patient safety/satisfaction

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The London Clinic. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4Job security/advancement