The London Clinic

The London Clinic Employee Reviews

United Kingdom51 reviews

clinicpatientteamstaffworkingplacemanagementpeople

Educative and motivating

A motivating and exciting working place with fairly good salary packages, offering great career progression prospects. A very open, multicultural and friendly working environment.

Awful

Unrealistic demands within pharmacy.The main chat amongst staff is looking to work elsewhere Managers have favourites and certain staff always running to gossip to them

Pros

Cons

Pharmacy management

Insights into The London Clinic

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Inclusive work environment

Generally good, learn a lot, let down by some individuals as in all things

My general experience was good. Upper management were nice but felt my direct supervisor was not conveying respect from his subordinates ( one particular staffer who was always very rude and loud). My department managers of Radiology were SUPERB! (originally a lady who got promoted so had a new one who had been working there a long time took over her job). When I noted a health violation he would address it with the staff VERY quickly. Was a couple of nurses who had zero patience for someone starting out and were rude and unhelpful.Always a bad apple somewhere though.The rest of my time there was very good. I learnt a lot, witnessed some scans. The CT staff especially were ALWAYS welcoming, allowing me to ask questions and showing me what certain things do. Got to meet interesting patients too who became regulars and developed a rapport with them. I enjoyed trying to put them at ease with a little chit chat and humour of course depending on if it felt right.

Pros

Learn a lot, mostly friendly & helpful staff

Cons

Let down by some complacent staff who do not respect adherence to health & safety common sense, lots of call extensions to remember, can be highly stressful especially in unexpected events involving patients

Fun place to work

I am grateful for everything I learned there. Lot of interesting and challenging people. Lots of great training opportunities really nice cuisine in the staff canteen

Not a very nice environment to work in for secretaries. Can be quite isolated.

Lonely environment . Not working in hospital. Management not good. No way to develop. Have to be prepared to work alone.Obviously no team work or ability to get ti know other secretaries.

Great place to work though it depends on the floor you work.

Great place to work though it depends on the floor you work. My floor and the group I worked with were very supportive and makes the environment a healthy place. Leadership overall isn’t good definitely could be better. Great patient to nurse ratio. Salary is all inclusive no additional pay whether you worked bank holiday or not.

Pros

Good nurse - patient ratio

Cons

No additional pay even if you work on Christmas Day.

17 February 2022
We appreciate you taking the time to provide this review for us and we thank you for your fantastic support as a Bank Nurse with us!We do offer our Bank Nurses different hourly rates of pay depending on the booked shift, in addition to the other benefits that our Bank Nurses receive, please do liaise with our Nurse Bank Team should you require any clarification!We are happy that you have mentioned our nurse to patient ratio, this is to ensure we offer the best personalised care we can to our patients, as well as ensuring our nurses have the time to offer individualised care whilst able to support each other within the team.Thank you again for working with us as a Bank Nurse - we do appreciate the support you provide to our Departments and the organisation as a whole!

A great company to work for

Such supportive management. Great through Mat leave. Listen to our thoughts. We could do with modernising the equipment we have but finances can affect this, a lot of patients talk about it though.

Pros

Pay

Cons

Stress

17 February 2022
We are delighted that you have given us a 5-star review - thank you!We recognise that all equipment, systems and processes needs to kept up to date within The London Clinic to ensure our employees can carry out their roles effectively and efficiently, and to ultimately provide the best possible care to our patients - this is something we are constantly reviewing from a clinical and non-clinical perspective.We are aware that the time during the pandemic has been stressful with unforseen challenges faced, however we are thankful to all our employees for their continued support during those difficult times and acknowledge the work carried out by all, regardless of role - we are proud and delighted to have such amazing teams all throughout our organisation!Thank you again for your review!

Very good team work

Really change my life to start work at the London clinic . Start working again with my friends means everything to me. Like familly , everybody support each other under any circumstances

Pros

Salary

Cons

Lack of staff

9 November 2021
Thank you for taking the time to write this review.We are aware that in order to ensure our employees are happy within their roles, and that patient safety and care is maintained, it is essential to have the necessary numbers of skilled employees around them - we are constantly recruiting for the very best clinical and non-clinical staff to join the organisation and to further support our colleagues.We are delighted that you have rated us highly for work/life balances as well as job culture, and that you have mentioned the support our clinical and non-clinical teams provide for each other.Thank you again for taking the time to write this review!

Pressurised micromanaging. Low staff morale

I worked at this hospital for many years and it used to be a wonderful and well run place. All that changed with new management. Everything went downhill and focus was on profit margins. Staff are treated appallingly by managers who all stick together. Any concerns which are raised are not taken notice of, and staff are then targeted until they are forced to leave. Workloads are huge with constant pressure. A very unpleasant working environment with no support.

Pros

Colleagues are wonderful

Cons

Long hours, minimal support, huge workload. Pressurised

26 August 2021
Thank you for your review, we do appreciate your thoughts and feedback.The London Clinic is a charitable organisation, such that any surplus profits are transferred back into the company helping us to drive forward our mission of reinvesting our income to deliver better patient outcomes, via updating equipment and employee training and development, for example. This means we are not focused on profit margins as mentioned, but the care of our patients and supporting our employees instead.We are committed to maintaining and developing a supportive and warm working culture, where employees' contributions are valued. This has been supplemented by the introduction of our Freedom to Speak Up Guardians across the organisation, in addition to our Employee Relations and HR Team who are always happy to offer support and guidance where required and requested.We do thank you for your time with us and wish you all the best for the future!

managers are inexperienced, poor pay rates,

one of those companies that appears great from outside, on inside not so much.management stunt growth- all reltaively new team very inexperienced give bad advicepretentious customers.Pay not worth stress.

Pros

private health, nice location

Cons

most things

26 April 2021
We appreciate you taking the time to write a review for us and are happy to take your comments on board.The London Clinic are proud to embody our "Grow Your Own" policy, where employees have the opportunity to progress their careers where possible, with the support of our Managers and L&D team, who provide fantastic clinical and non-clinical training and support throughout the year.We are happy that our pay scales are competitive within London and carry out continual and annual reviews to ensure that this remains the case, in order to attract and retain all of our valued employees within the organisation.Thank you for your service with us, we wish you all the best in your career!

Good

Excellent working environment with sound and professional person with clear vesion of organigation objective. Also have tranning and entertainment facility for staff.

10 December 2020
Thank you for taking the time to write your lovely review! We are delighted that you enjoyed your time working with us and wish you all the best for the future!

I had fun at the london clinic not until i realised they dont value me

I learned so much how to deal patients consultants on the day to day basis. Its has been a good 6 years working at the london clinic. Its about time for me to change job and move on.

10 December 2020
Thank you for taking the time to write your review and thank you for your length of service with us, it is much appreciated!We ensure that all employees have the ability to speak out without fear of reprisal, you would have been more than welcome to speak to our HR Team to discuss any concerns you may have had, however thank you again for your time working with us and we are delighted that you were able to develop your skills with us over a number of years before starting a new position. We wish you all the best in your new role!

Awful place to work

A housekeeping department is a place where some supervisors and managers have no idea what a culture of communication is. The favoritism is only one way to communicate there. If you are not a favorite, forget about this place, otherwise, you will be work like a donkey. In the meantime, the favorites will be doing long conversations with their managers. Hypocrisy is the mainline in the relationship between each other, most of the staff just talk over behind the back. It is only your problem- to get stuff for work, the management doesn't care about it.

10 December 2020
Thank you for taking the time to write your review and for your thoughts about your time here at The London Clinic.We ensure that there is open communication across all teams within the organisation and as per our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion, ensure that all employees are treated the same.We are also committed to ensuring a suitable work/life balance for all of our employees and are keen to ensure this for all staff, regardless of position or seniority.

Its very good place to work

It's very busy in the morning , with admissions, I am happy to be working here, People are friendly. night DUTY IN QUITE busiest., and we have to bloods and wound dressings and ,ecg and jej feeds.

10 December 2020
Thank you for your 5-Star review, we are delighted that you enjoyed your time here at The London Clinic and we wish you all the best for the future!

Overall its OK

I work well with my colleagues but it is very stressful especially when there is not enough staff. there is also no progression hence its hard to advance.

It's a great place to work. You have clear guide and support from the day one when you star. As an employee you have opportunity to develop yourself, many benefits, a great pension scheme.

Productive, Intense, Collaborative.

It is a very busy Department most of the times. Politeness, concentration and working as a team and good communication skills are required at all times.

Nice Environment

The London Clinic is a good place to work, sometimes can be stressful as any other work place within medical sector. People are mostly nice and professional.

Cold and sad

Horrible place to work. The Administration office is filled with a bunch of bullies. Training is terrible they only give you 2days to learn then your left on your own. New starters are always made to work till 7pm. No support. I felt alone and depressed all the time that’s why I left

Pros

Nothing at all

Cons

Longs hours, horrible staff

Fantastic opportunity to start new departments R&D and Clinical trials

Medical Device trials enhanced with patient focus from ten years Nursing management. Set up site special access program treating 135 patients; delivering global first patient enrolments on two studies, including collaborations with Universities, Charities and NHS trusts.

so much politics and no real opportunity to advance and grow

All members of management know each other and are friends. Hard for staff to grow and be promoted or advance in the company. very unfair place to work.

Pros

staff are nice to work with

Cons

management is so poor and very cruel and unfair

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The London Clinic. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement