The London School of Economics & Political Science

The London School of Economics & Political Science Employee Reviews for Catering Assistant

Catering Assistant2 reviews
United Kingdom2 reviews

3.7Pay & benefits

Fun place where to work with nice colleagues. Absence of a strong management.

Nice place where to work coz some nice people working there. But management is totally absent and unskilled. No way to growup. They offer Zero hours contract with first payment after two months. You work for an University but don't expect that skilled management.

Pros

Staff, extra hours, free weekends

Cons

management, contracts, payment.

Catering Assistant

Catering department used to be a good place to work at the LSE, but the introduction of the zero hours contract from 10 years ago has decrease the staff conditions. Also, the constantly use of favouritism from managers toward the staff has increase the discrimination and inequality to the staff, usually based on friendship. From three years ago the department has goes down dramatically. I left in 2016 but I keep in touch with colleges from the LSE catering department. It is sad that staff that were working for the LSE catering department for more than 20 years left from one day to other because they are not able to cope with the management pressure. I hope that the LSE catering department will be able to offer to the staff what this department used to provided a good environment and a great place to work in.

Pros

Free lunches for catering staff, good environment at the University

Cons

staff favouritism, zero hours contract, moving staff from rush hour to rush hour

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The London School of Economics & Political Science. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare The London School of Economics & Political Science with

The London School of Economics & Political Science reviews by location

Learn about The London School of Economics & Political Science in popular locations

Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?