The Medaille Trust

Working at The Medaille Trust: 4 Reviews

United Kingdom4 reviews

Good

It was good whilst I was there. Friendly staff and management, nice office and overall just a nice experience!However the way the schedule that was done was not really practical as it was nights and not much flexibility. I find nights works better when they are close together having them scattered isn't considerate of the employee.

Cons

Challenging but rewarding

Very dynamic environment to work in with no two days being the same. Rewarding work as you have the opportunity to make a real impact on people who have lived through severe trauma. Work life balance is not always great as the contracts are zero hours so there is little stability. You also get the work rota a week in advance so there is little ability to plan your engagements although this also works favorably in some cases. An excellent support staff team with real commitment and joy for the job.

Insights into The Medaille Trust

What people like
  • Fair pay for job
Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Feeling of personal appreciation

Hugely rewarding

Working with vulnerable adults and families the working environment can prove challenging and frustrating at times. Watching service users develop from arrival to exit is hugely rewarding - knowing that as a team we have made a real difference to their lives.

intense and highly rewarding

A typical day for me consists of talking to solicitors and home office, assisting the manager and keyworkers with paperwork and support plans, keeping track of petty cash coming and going, dealing 1 on 1 with clients and trying to meet their needs, invoicing and filing, sending emails and scanning. Maintaining strict confidentiality. The most enjoyable part of this job is seeing the difference we can make in the lives of the people we work with and empowering them. The hardest part at times is working with thew home office especially when we don't achieve the desired outcome. I have a brilliant working relationship with both my co-workers and manager. We work hard together knowing each others strengths and weaknesses, supporting each other with the workload and emotionally.

Pros

The field of work

Cons

Can be long hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Medaille Trust. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement