The New Homes Group

The New Homes Group Employee Reviews

Nice place to work with good trading and support. Great location but bad for parking. All management are lovely and the majority of staff are supportive and friendly
I have worked for the company for 8 years and whenever I have wanted to change direction in my career I have been supported from management right up to director level. The company has also assisted me in purchasing 2 properties which I am forever grateful for. It is a fast paced job but if you work hard you get the rewards.
Pros
Free parking / progression / uncapped bonus
I've worked for this company for 10 years and started from a position of knowing nothing about the industry. In that time (and with the tremendous support and experience of numerous individuals) I've built up a solid skill set of industry knowledge, management and people skills.As you'd expect working for the leader in the field the pressure can be intense and demanding but the rewards pay the dividend. We push ourselves to achieve a very high standard because that is what our clients demand, if we fall short of that standard we all feel it. This is a shared culture among the team.The company has grown exponentially since i started and as such I've enjoyed the opportunity to pass on my knowledge and experience to others which also bring a tremendous sense of pride.The people as always are what makes the job so rewarding.
Pros
Free Parking, Death in Service, Bupa Healthcare, Optician Expenses
Very busy, alot of work and very stressful with not a lot back, the people were all very friendly and it was nice to work with a lot of different people. Just very samey.
Only dead end sales and targets, you feel the life sucked out of your system, avoid at all costs. They micro manage you, atrocious turn over, demotivated staff
Never even think of joining New homes group! Worst company, they have unrealistic expectations and treat employees like robots. I think they will shut shops soon
standard hours are around 70 per week. Not feasible to work these hours for prolonged periods of time therefore limiting your ability to meet the companys expectations.
Pros
majority of leads are pre qualified
Cons
extremely long hours
I have been with the company for just under a year and very much enjoy my job. I am constantly learning new things and have had continual support by both my managers and teammates. It can be a very busy workplace, but as part of such a strong team you never feel overwhelmed as everyone will always work together to get the job done.
Pros
great working hours, good location, shops around and long lunch break
You are given the freedom to manage your own work and develop your skills whilst having support around when you need it. The pay , benefits and overall inclusive culture are not something I've e experienced before in any similar role. Your given the opportunity to develop and learn in varied aspects of mortgage processing. The work is high volume so you need to be able to manage your time effectively , this means the days fly by. Its also got a great culture of out of work activities.
Pros
Parking, pay, benefits
Work place is busy so you are never bored. Really friendly environment everyone works well as a team and helps each other with work loads. 1 hour lunch break and close to shops so can grab lunch easily.
Pros
Salary is great, really good bonus scheme
Cons
n/a
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at The New Homes Group?
Having worked for the company since 2011, I have been progressed on more than 1 occasion, been awarded for my hard work. Along side this, I have the chance to earn an uncapped bonus monthly. The management and colleagues I work with make it a fun environment to work in.
Pros
Progression, Uncapped Bonus, Friendly Enviroment
Cons
None.
Excellent place to work, everyone is treated fairly, staff are friendly and always on hand to help. commission is excellent! would definitely recommend to a friend.
Advisors are placed under an unrealistic amount of pressure, with the promise of “flexibility” in your working hours due to being a home based role when in actual fact this is not the case. This job will consume your whole life with no work life balance. Appointments are poorly placed by the head office, with no thought on where the Advisor actually lives. An appointment 5 minutes away from your home will consistently be placed with another advisor who lives 2 hours away! (No common sense). If you want to work a 12 hour day 5 days a week then this may be the perfect job for you. If you are after a work life balance then this is not the job for you, do not be fooled by their promise of “flexibility”. If it sounds too good to be true then it usually is.
Pros
Home based, company car
Cons
Long hours, no work life balance, no appreciation for advisors, low salary considering the number of hours worked, poor benefits
good work ethos great training friendly staff .. plenty of experienced employees-who you can learn a lot from..management is good less admin more advising!!!
Pros
good environment
Cons
Professional, buzzy environment! All the managers and directors treat every individual with respect and appreciation - which is completely rare to find now a days. There are constant training workshops to help each member of staff be the best they can be and the directors even hold a lunch for new starters to see how they are getting on and to hear their views on the company and what can be improved - and they actually listen! Love love love working here.
Pros
Lots of things going on, Free parking, Respectful, Busy and growing company. Lots of room for progression!
Cons
Great place to work with friendly staff and very approachable management. Always opportunities for progression and development if you want. For all departments there is a very good performance bonus structure with regular training refreshers and workshops provided.
Pros
Parking, office location/situation, regular income reviews
Cons
Kitchen too small
A friendly environment. The company offers great progression opportunities . Great pay, regularly reviews and bonuses. Office is very well situated and Monday to Friday 9 to 5.30pm.
Pros
free parking, drinks
Cons
non
They do not appreaciate the workers they have, it is very much a 'burn and churn' culture. Consultants are under and extreme amount of pressure for the mortgage and protection with very tight deadlines and an unrealistic expectation on workload. Complaints from clients regarding processing which is a separate admin team are held up against the consultant. Not a well oiled ship. They do not hesitate in getting rid of consultants or squeezing them out. Too many targets. Lots of salary deductions for targets etc so commission in pay is docked.
Pros
Car, work from home
Cons
Hours, management, targets, no respect, no appreaciation, no job security