The Orders of St Johns Care Trust

The Orders of St Johns Care Trust Employee Reviews

Featured review
The Orders of St Johns Care Trust selected this as a representative review
I have worked in a very friendly enviroment with a very profesional team where I developed and improved my skills. The hardest part of the job was to work with different types of disease.
27 October 2020
Thank you for taking the time to review The Orders of St John Care Trust. We really appreciate your feedback and are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed working for the Trust and were able to develop your skills with us. We wish you the very best of luck for the future.
Nice place to work, professional, although some of the systems a bit sloppy. Lovely people and team. Supportive management and good training department.
We deliver person centered care to each resident as best as we can, the current climate creates alot of changes to our routine and flexibility is required from the whole team. The job is very rewarding and has a lot to offer if you are a caring person. You are expected to work hard by the management team and usually left to do the role with little guidance from them so team work is key amongst the carers. There is opportunity to develop within the trust but you will need to show drive and determination to succeed and also drive your own development as it will not be handed to you on a plate. There is alot that you will learn from using aids to dementia care. You can even have the chance to do your nvq in care.
Pros
Free lunches, free parking, overtime available, progression available.
Cons
Long hours.
I started as a night support worker but now work as night carer plus often work as night lead too. My job is extremely stressful at times plus physically and mentally challenging but I do love being a carer as it is so rewarding caring for our lovely residents. When I started I was initially working with colleagues who don't seem to care for our residents, only their own selfish needs.. however I am happy to say I now work with lovely, supportive and caring colleagues who have become my friends. Working with our residents is such demanding work and for me having that camaraderie and support is essential in a stressful workplace. Carers should care for each other as well as our vulnerable residents as we work in the care industry after all. Overall the home is very nice and the manager & HOC are supportive.
Pros
Supportive colleagues and management
Cons
Extremely hard work, long hours
The Orders Of St Johns Trust is a poor place to work. This is in no way a reflection on some of the select few who work as support workers in what is a tough place to work. The workload is astronomical and the management expect you to work on as a little as two carers for eleven people!! Or three carers for eighteen people!!! When this is raised to the management they remark that it is down to budgets, but they are happy enough to pay for two managers, because the first one can’t do his job, and all the office staff- which shows where their priorities lie. While we are talking about budgets, the powers that be decided to cut the food budgets, and this meant that residents were getting very little to eat, and in turn, lose weight- guess who gets the blame for that though. If you have worked at OSJ for a long time, you will get on well, as you are untouchable, however, if you’re new, be sure to expect to become a scapegoat for everything that goes on. You will work alongside people who will refuse to move units, which in turn, will leave other units understaffed- if you then ask them to move again they will threaten to hand in their notices. There is very little room to progress in the job, that is unless you are best friends with the Head Of Care, then you will get promotions left right and centre. Most residents are greeted by activities staff who do a marvellous job, and they cannot be faulted. In all, the problem lies with the management, and I believe that OSJ is a massive pyramid scheme where the carers do all the hard work and the management reap the benefits. Let’s not - more...
Pros
Residents
Cons
Poor Management
They will literally employ anyone to make up the numbers. When you go to the management with concerns and highlight an issue they will say they will look into it but nothing gets done. They offer no support and need to realise the home is 24/7 and not just 9-5 Monday to Friday. If your face fits then that’s great and you’ll get along just fine. However expect for management to be 2 faced. Better training and support from management at the start of covid would have been much appreciated by all staff, we were just left to read a folder which was kept in a locked office. Home is busy so never a chance to read it. Hard working carers make the home and the residents are very well looked after. Although some carers have no experience, lack the ability to report issues which then becomes a safeguarding issue and the management couldn’t care less.
Pros
Pay is good and competitive with other homes.
Cons
Poor management, lack of support and training.
24 November 2020
We are very sorry to hear about your experience as what you described does not reflect the values that we strive to achieve. Our colleagues are at the heart of the Trust and we want everyone to feel valued and appreciated, whilst working in what can be a challenging environment. Our priority is the wellbeing of our staff, residents and visitors and as such we have robust protocols in our home to support everyone through the current pandemic. We encourage all leavers to complete an exit interview with us, so that we can understand your feedback in more detail and improve on this moving forward. If you would like to contact a member of our team to discuss this further, please email HRHub@osjct.co.uk and we will be in touch shortly. Thank you for taking the time to review The Orders of St John Care Trust, we wish you the very best for the future.
Whatever to do , DO NOT WORK AT THE LAKES ... the management is a narcissist and would sell her staff under bridge to save herself ...I feel very sorry for the residents and the staff who cant get out....
Pros
The staff and residents are fantastic
Cons
The management is horrendous and the company dont care, theyre happy to allow you to be treated badly
21 December 2020
Thank you for taking the time to review The Orders of St John Care Trust. We are really concerned to read your comments and would like to invite you to contact a member of our team to discuss this further. Please email HRHub@osjct.co.uk and a member of the team will be in touch as soon as possible. We take the wellbeing of our employees extremely seriously and would like to assure you that we are committed to providing a comfortable and happy working environment for our colleagues. We wish you the very best for the future.
Management rude doors always shut although says always open no one to talk about personal things with confidentiality terrible I had not much choice to leave and was sad to do so but couldn’t take it anymore my health and stress levels were going through the roof
Pros
Overtime
4 November 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on your time with us. We are really concerned to read your comments - please email HRHub@osjct.co.uk to discuss this in confidence and a member of the team will be in touch as soon as possible. Please be assured that we take employee wellbeing extremely seriously and it's important to us that our colleagues have the support they need. We wish you the very best of luck for the future.
Little support for staff on the ground actually doing the physical work. Poor career advancement. Little to no appreciation or understanding of what individuals are actually doing in their roles or the workload that they have. Constantly short staffed - doing 2/3 people’s jobs in one shift, incredibly stressful. Job role description does not include half of the tasks expected of staff. Pay does not reflect workload. Far too much focus on paperwork and little time for resident interactions. Do any of the people running the company have care experience?! Policies and procedures produced by head office have little consideration for time constraints and facilities available. The only saving grace are the staff. Incredibly supportive of each other and all get on really well. The problems stem from the company and those running the show. Far too much is done/said for show and it’s a different story behind closed doors.
24 November 2020
The welfare and happiness of our colleagues is very important to us, so we are disappointed to read about your experience, which is not in line with the values and culture that we strive for. Our colleagues are at the heart of the Trust and we want everyone to feel valued and appreciated, whilst working in what can be a challenging environment. We encourage all leavers to complete an exit interview with us, so that we can understand your feedback in more detail. If you would like to contact a member of our team, please email HRHub@osjct.co.uk and we will be in touch shortly. Thank you for taking the time to review The Orders of St John Care Trust, we wish you the very best for the future.
Staff talked behind your back no proper training left after a few shifts never again did two shadow shifts then on my second shadow shift I was actually asked to help with the moving of the residents didn’t even have the right training for that
Pros
Wages
Cons
Staff management
27 October 2020
Thank you for taking the time to review The Orders of St John Care Trust. We are disappointed to read your comments and would be grateful if you could contact us to discuss this in more detail - please email HRHub@osjct.co.uk and a member of the team will be in touch as soon as possible. We recognise the importance of comprehensive training throughout your time with the Trust and we strive to ensure that all new starters are given informative and welcoming introductions to our homes. We value all feedback from current and past employees so that we can take this on board and improve on this moving forward.
Overall the management is not supportive to staff pay isn’t enough and they mess around with your contracted hours.They employ anyone and don’t seem to care if they deliver a good job. They promise you support in developing your qualifications but nothing happens.
Pros
Cons
No support
19 October 2020
Thank you for taking the time to review The Orders of St John Care Trust. We are very concerned to read your comments and would like to invite you to contact a member of our team to discuss this further. Please be assured that the wellbeing of our employees is extremely important to us and we are committed to recruiting those who share our values and passion for providing excellent care to our residents. We value all feedback from current and past employees so that we can take this on board and improve on this moving forward. Please email HRHub@osjct.co.uk and a member of the team will be in touch as soon as possible.
Started a new career as I wanted to make a change to people’s lives but would never recommend this company to anyone, especially the home Boultham park house. Management are lazy and not approachable when you have a problem. Head of care is a bully, if your face doesn’t fit then she does not have time for you and you are a nobody. Admin is allowed to speak to people however she wants and allowed to think that she is in charge and runs the home. The only positive I can say about this home is that the carers treat the residents with the best care anyone could ask for. They really are fantastic and so helpful of each other. New management needed and this home could be an amazing place to work
Management is poor spent most time in the office come out at lunch that’s about it head of care and manager are like best buddy’s there slag people of behind there backs all the time The kitchen staff think they run the show so don’t upset them you won’t be there long after that.If your not in the group as they say you just get targeted.I think the managers need turn charts as they don’t move that much.
Pros
Some staff are great
Cons
Bad management bullying
11 January 2021
Thank you for taking the time to review The Orders of St John Care Trust. We are very concerned to read your comments and would like to invite you to contact a member of our team to discuss this further. Please email HRHub@osjct.co.uk and a member of the team will be in touch as soon as possible. We take the wellbeing of our employees very seriously, so were disappointed to read about your experience with us, which is not in line with the values and culture that we strive for. We value all feedback from current and past employees so that we can take this on board and improve on this moving forward. We wish you the very best of luck for the future.
Worked at osjct for 3 years. Closed one home worked hard with team to turn the other home around with success. Loved my job wanted to progress but never felt I was given a fair opportunity so looked elsewhere. Top management amazing including CEO senior management not so have their favourites and you don't feel valued at all. However worked with some amazing people mainly my colleagues and will miss them all.
Pros
some amazing people
Cons
Not able to give opinion without recourse
25 September 2020
Thank you for taking the time to review The Orders of St John Care Trust. We are disappointed to read your feedback on your time with us - if you would like to contact a member of our team to discuss this further, please email HRHub@osjct.co.uk and we will be in touch as soon as possible. Our people are at the heart of everything we do and the contribution that they make to the lives of our residents is hugely valued by the Trust. We value all feedback from current and past employees so that we can take this on board and improve on this moving forward.
Poor pay, expected to work extra and then take hours back. You always feel behind and in limbo. Unsupportive management. Lack of care and understanding for employees. If you raise concerns over running or suggest changes to improve service, they don’t appreciate you and tell you that you’re in the wrong job and you should resign. Never wants improvement or changes unless it’s a top managers idea. Poor place to work - I feel sorry for the carers. Underpaid and not cared for.
Pros
Some shorter shifts, Not 12 hours so reasonable work and life balance
Cons
Poor management, No room for ideas or initiative, Unresponsive and uninterested in staff retention/welfare
25 September 2020
Thank you for taking the time to review The Orders of St John Care Trust. We are disappointed to read your feedback on your time with us - if you would like to contact a member of our team to discuss this further, please email HRHub@osjct.co.uk and we will be in touch as soon as possible. Our people are at the heart of everything we do and the contribution that they make to the lives of our residents is hugely valued by the Trust. We endeavour to ensure that our pay is fair and in line with typical pay rates in the area by conducting regular salary bench marking reviews. We value all feedback from current and past employees so that we can take this on board and improve on this moving forward.
Worked for company for 7 months and the management and HR was appalling. I logged complaint of bullying and it got swept under carpet basically. I left as I felt unsupported by management and the staff.
Pros
None - some residents were lovely
Cons
Long hours, not appreciated by staff/management when covering under staff sickness. No support from management.
28 September 2020
Sadly I cannot recommend OSJCT as an employer. Felt unsupported and a lot of the time, bullied by senior staff. Bullying witnessed by others. Reduced to tears on numerous occasions and threatened with unfair sanctions. Suffered personal injury during course of work, OSJCT could not care less. Would not record in accident book. Changing goalposts all the time. Unrealistic expectations of people (
Cons
Lots
28 September 2020
Wouldn't recommend the trust what so ever. Nothing but back biting including the managers, they wonder why they have such a high turn over of staff when they can't treat the good ones with a little respect. If your face fits its fine but if not your buggered. They say they are not a profitable organisation but all you hear is "budget budget budget". Having residents pads, wipes, toilet rolls locked away and having to sign them in and out is ridiculous. You try your hardest to meet the residents needs but you can't all the time due to being short staffed. Reported several times to cqc and they didn't seem to care about the issues going on in the home either.
Pros
Cons
Understanding residents and families
28 September 2020
Thank you for taking the time to review The Orders of St John Care Trust. We are very concerned to read your comments and would like to invite you to contact a member of our team to discuss this further. Please email HRHub@osjct.co.uk and a member of the team will be in touch as soon as possible. Please be assured that the safety of our residents is paramount - we conduct regular audits and spot checks to ensure that they are safe and receive the best possible care. We also take the wellbeing of our employees very seriously, so were disappointed to read about your experience with us, which is not in line with the values and culture that we strive for. We value all feedback from current and past employees so that we can take this on board and improve on this moving forward.
The Trust has some good points...They are a well paying company in line with other care jobs. The home in which I worked was very clean and the residents were cared for properly, with the dignity and respect that they should be. However hard work does not get noticed or appreciated and there are many clicks within staff and management.
Pros
Well paid.
Cons
No gratitude for hard work.
28 September 2020
Thank you for taking the time to review The Orders of St John Care Trust. We are very sorry to hear about your experience as what you described does not reflect the values that we strive to achieve. We encourage all leavers to complete an exit interview with us, so that we can understand your feedback in more detail and improve on this moving forward. If you would like to contact a member of our team to discuss this further, please email HRHub@osjct.co.uk and we will be in touch as soon as possible.
Taking respite bookings and publishing contracts for customers. Able to use customer service skills, Excel skills, telephone skills and organisational skills.
Pros
parking
Cons
Role not integrated with the rest of the team
28 September 2020
Thank you for taking the time to review The Orders of St John Care Trust. We really appreciate your feedback and are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time with us. We wish you the very best of luck for the future!
Just Don't Do It. Management don't listen to your problems. Fixed Reputation. Upper management appear non existant unless cqc are in one of the homes because its that bad. I Wouldn't board my dog there. Let's not forget its a minimum of a Grand A Week to stay in these places.
Pros
Residents
Cons
Staff Attitude - Management Confidential information is not safe.