The Parts Alliance Group Ltd

The Parts Alliance Group Ltd Employee Reviews

Very stressful job, hours been cut but the customer service is still expected to be the same. Working through lunch everyday. Expected to run the warehouse, control what the drivers do, respond to emails, organising returns, the list goes on all for NMW. Exhausting place to work for with no help or support from above. Definitely a split between warehouse, drivers and sales. Sales gets pay raises to just sit there, everyone else killing themselves
Management are understanding of work life balance. They treat everyone equally and make you feel like a valuable part of the team. Great colleagues who pitch in to help one another. Genuine friendliness which helps you pass the day with a smile. You are constantly busy but during the odd quiet spell you help the team which is as it should be. Expect to be competent in loading heavy vehicle parts into a van, and reading paperwork accurately as time is money for the customers. I only left my full time position due to becoming a parent. I am now a casual worker, and I am looking forward to more hours being available. For me it's home from home due to the welcome I receive.
Pros
Lovely people. Get paid to drive and play music. Day flies by doesnt feel like work.
Cons
If the dispatcher doesnt like you it is not a good place to be.Everyone is ripped apart as soon as they leave the area . Trust no one!! Too many two faced people and back stabbers
Pros
Cons
Terrible atmosphere. No overtime paid if you go over your hours.
Management or consistently breaking Health an Safety laws in order to keep up with orders. Expect people to work at an unbelievable pace without no real support. Also have increased the workload over the past 2 years without increasing the pay. Higher management taking all the profit for bonus and giving all the staff minimum wage. Make you work in conditions which do not comply with current covid regulations.
Official response from The Parts Alliance Group Ltd
12 January 2021
Thank you for taking the time to share this feedback with us. We value and take onboard your comments. At the end of 2020 we have worked on improving how our warehouse staff are appreciated. All Team Members within Warehouse Branch/NDC roles are eligible for a performance related bonus which is achievable, to appreciate and recognise their hard work. During the early stages of the pandemic, COVID-19 – Safe Return to Work material and information was briefed in to Company teams and is stored on the company intranet. Pages were created to communicate to staff all the changes the company were implementing, and this is continually updated. The company has put in place policies around PPE, Social distancing and hygiene processes. The Health and Safety team are continuously reviewing government guidelines and are on hand to talk through issues with Managers and individuals alike.Ever since the start of Covid we have communicated changes in process by ways of ‘Toolbox talks’ which are recorded electronically. The internal Health and Safety Team have requested feedback from all Branch Managers and Team leaders by conducting local self-audits, which were followed up on, and if necessary assisted in putting any additional measures in place where required to individual branches.A weekly update is available to all staff on the company intranet, sharing any changes or information specifically around the company’s approach to being Covid safe.Our intention is always to provide a safe working environment for all of our Team Members.
Shocking company to work for. You truly are just a number and an expendable one at that. 10 years of loyal service and it counted for nothing. When the big bosses start to see you as a threat, they will worm you out. Tbh you can’t help feeling a bit sorry for them due to their own insecurities. Why should we be penalised?To loss a £18,000,000 contract and keep their jobs....because of ego’s and pig headedness. Just stay away a join AAG. Don’t invest any of your time with TPA. It’s all about the EBITDA & nothing to do with the people. The Canadians say jump and the board says - how high?
Pros
Staff discount scheme
Cons
Bullies, unprofessional, long hours, nights away from the family, lack of confidence, poor salary, too much politics. No heart!!!
Avoid at all cost. Management couldn't care less about the staff as long as they get what they want. Poorly paid for the job and hours they want you to do. The only positive side is work colleagues are really friendly
Pros
Staff I worked with were nice and friendly
Cons
Poorly paid, bad management
It was a decent place to work at one point a long time ago but the place is now run by accountants who probably don’t even know what The PA even sell!All the old school staff with actual knowledge have either left or been sacked to make way for the new drone staff. If you want to go further at The Parts Alliance then leave and come back - there is no reward for loyalty. Morale has never been lower.
Pros
Going home
Cons
Everything else
Started very well, some longer serving members of staff were so very entrenched in 'their' way of working made it Avery uncomfortable working environment. Akin to bullying.
Pros
Uniform provided
Cons
Long hours . long miles
Excellent marketing department led by an experienced and understanding boss, this is a great place to work. The technical knowledge and skill is high and there’s a good, friendly yet professional atmosphere.
Pros
Friendly, professional, good work/life balance.
Cons
Limited promotion opportunities
The only people that are looked after at this branch are the sales people in main office and managers. No support for drivers or warehouse staff, no heating in the winter in a freezing cold warehouse while the office staff get all the heating then moan about how cold the warehouse is! The higher management are complete bullies, If you make one tiny mistake you are reminded about it for the next month and ridiculed about it in front of all the staff and customers. Expected to work through your lunch break, even the drivers are expected to not have breaks sometimes which is dangerous and illegal. This place is really bad for your health - AVOID AT ALL COSTS.
Pros
nothing
Cons
stressful, get treated like dogs
Unfortunately not the most supportive of training, additional help was given three months in not at the start even though no experience of job when taken on. Lack of support from management and not enthusiastic to develop and improve you.
Good company to work for. There are chances for progression and the hours of work are good. Pay is decent compared to other Motor Factors out there and I enjoy working with my team they're a good bunch of people.
Made to feel welcome and settled in but not a huge amount of training offered. Can get quite stressfull at times due to staff levels and not enough back up support.
Made some very good relationships whilst working for TPA. If only there had been a branch more local to where I live, I would have stayed. My line manager was not only very knowledgeable about the business but also extremely helpful. I would recommend TPA as a place to work.
Faced paced retail environment, everyday is different and I enjoy coming to work. Family culture which makes coming to work more exciting, especially as each day is different.
A great company to work for.. with lots of opportunity for progression. I believe we are a business that genuinely cares about its colleagues and regards its people as its biggest asset.
Was given a feeble excuse as their reason to terminate my contract, which wasn’t true. I then discovered after I left that between 60-100 staff had been made redundant too? So maybe they’re in financial difficulties and are finding the going tough and are having to cut jobs to save the pennies! I wouldn’t recommend anyone to work for them, as there are too many Chiefs and not enough Indians. Here’s hoping they go under very soon!
Covering the whole country for Servicesure. Recruiting, Training, and managing the national team. A great experiance but cut short by an orcestrated redundancy, perhaps a victem of my own success.
Stay away as there all back stabbing each other and management were uslesss all they talked about it the weekend and cocaine so not ideal if your not into that kind of thing
Lack of staff spoiled my time working here ,no support from some managers but most staff were brilliant.contract hours didn’t match the hours quoted changed lunch break to suit the hours they needed . No parking available on site ended up with two parking tickets due to lack of any ware to park.
I used to work for CES which was a good company, until we were bought by American company Rapidly went down hill, New branch manager who hasn't got a clue with a bad attitude towards the staff, always under staffed, rewarded with a pay cut... Reduced hours management called it a work life balance, very stressful company where you are not appreciated for what you do stay away from here