The Perfume Shop

The Perfume Shop Employee Reviews

At this jobs every people are friendly. Easy job and confortable.Lots of orders, you always have to be fast to send the packages on time. It is a job that can help you in the future.
Pros
3 breacks
Cons
Too strict
I worked here as a Christmas temp a few years ago now. I came in at short notice to cover and stayed after my shift was over to work extra hours as it was busy. I worked really hard during my time there, I was flexible, stayed extra hours and even came in early when I was asked. I covered at another store to help out as well as they were short staffed basically whatever I was asked to do I did. I must add to this review that I was twenty seven when I was working for the Perfume shop, I had eight years retail experience at the time and had also had management experience I got the impression they didn't like how experienced I was. They didn't keep me on after my time working there, they said there were no jobs available. A week later I went in the branch to find they had taken on the seventeen year old Christmas temp who started the same time as I did. So basically the point is don't apply if you are an older person cause they will take on someone younger they can pay less money to. Management are intimidated by your success in previous roles so if you have previously been successful in other jobs it might be better to keep that to yourself. Hard work, working extra hours at short notice and covering other branches is not appreciated. Probably a great place to work if you are under eighteen and want to earn some extra money over Christmas but not good if you are an older person who is looking for career progression or a job that is permanent.
Pros
Errrrm, it's a paid job??
Cons
Read my review it's there
The management and area managers are all horrible. And will try to make your life as hard as possible if you turn down any overtime. They purposely give you small contracts so you hate taking holiday. And if the manager don't like you expect the worst shifts.
Horrific managers supervisor job was just a glorified sales assistant with every responsibility but no manager pros. Very strict and shouted at me over the phone on several occasions allso no staff facilities was expected to eat outside the shop and use centre toilets.
Pros
Leaving on a night.
Cons
Long hours, poor pay, very strict
Politics among staff. Favouritism is clear & the pay isn’t great. Discount is nice but only can be used if area manager is there. Heating broke during winter & still expected to work in freezing cold conditions.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Managers
Lots to learn. Bad pay for team leaders. Great interacting with the customers. Online training , good incentives & competitions to win. Small team to work with.
Pros
Incentives to win
Cons
Bad pay & not enough hours unless you are the manager.
Worked at the downstairs perfume shop in the Trafford Centre for a while, management were unorganised, other staff members had a very cult- like b*tchy attitude as it was majority female, unfriendly and some staff members would act like they were managers when in reality were barely doing anything productive themselves. management hardly gave positive feedback but emphasised any small little issue. Management were also very unfair and did not have any empathy in regards to lates and absences. And a LOT of favouritism as the TL's and staff would act very unprofessional as if they were all friends not colleagues. Would recommend if you want to feel ISOLATED
Pros
At least you go home smelling nice
Cons
Bad managers and unprofessional
Not very fun, get moaned at a lot and tbh it’s not fun when all you do is help and work yet you are still wrong , upsets me. I enjoyed this place but glad I left
Pros
Cons
Uniform is uncomfy
I love working at TPS great place to work great people very supportive training is ongoing and plenty of development I couldn’t think of working anywhere else
Pros
Incentives career enhancement and training
So during this pandemic the management as the store in Southampton has not been helpful whatsoever. Their care for staff was very poor, they only care about numbers. They has effected my mental health majorly and pushed me to quit my job. I moved back home during the pandemic as I am in university so I was in student accommodation and asked to be on authorised unpaid till September they said if I don't come back I have many meetings which stressed me out majorly as this was all out my control. I need to work to fund university but I would rather struggle for money than work for The Perfume Shop. They have absolutely no care for their staff and their " we care " logo is not true.
Pros
Cons
Stress
Highly recommend, one of the best jobs I’ve ever had, the staff were lovley, the customers were the best it was also very easy too learn once you got the hang of it, it was very simple.
Pros
Staff discount, decent lunch breaks, friendly staff
Cons
Early mornings
Always on your feet doing something, keeping store well-stocked or selling to customers. Can feel very stressful and hectic but good support from management when learning.
Pros
discounted perfume for staff
Cons
rude customers, stressful
A lot put on you especially during the busier time’s of the year , no incentives , contradicting management some staff no idea why they came , usually late miserable and lazy , and speak to customers with no enthusiasm whatsoever shame really shame really cause it could have been a great place to work
I have a great time with the company,For me was very easy because I speak English fluently. The management on this place was very handy and nice they was explained all the time making sure that all the employers understand exactly what they have to do. Was a new experience for me
Probably the best places I’ve worked! The best people you get to work with as you spend a lot of time with them as you always get more hours than what you are contracted. The days tend to go quick depending on where your shop is based as there is always something to do and people to serve. I’ve learnt a lot in the years I have worked for the company and most of all I’ve gained confidence. Management is great, do your job well and they will treat you well. The hardest part of the job is probably the rush at peak times such as Christmas but it gives you a rush because you are providing a service to customers and making them happy. The most enjoyable part of the job is the people - staff and customers. If they are happy it makes you happy.
Great company, cares about their employees with excellent benefits. Reasonable working hours, shift patterns, great staff and attracts great customers
I really enjoyed working here. The other staff were very friendly and made me feel welcome and part of the team. There were plenty of tasks to complete too so i was not just stood doing nothing.
Love my job, been here for a year on and off as started as Xmas temp and was re offered a job some time after my contract ended. The staff are friendly and we fully embrace teamwork.. Whatever end of the scale employed as. Very fair management, they look after you. Love when it's busy and really enjoy getting to know my customers to get their fragrance on point.
Perfume shop is a very good company to work with, good salary and perk. Management team is very easy to talk too and they look after their staff. They give bonus fairly.
When I first started in The Perfume Shop I found it difficult to adjust for the first week as I was getting used to the layout of the store and getting to know the other employees. As more time passed I found myself enjoying the job more as there was always something to do during the first couple of months and I am not one that enjoys a slow paced job. Within the first couple of weeks I was asked to do a cover shift in our Swansea store which for the first time was quite difficult as I had never met anyone from that store, nor had I visited the store itself so it had a completely different layout than my usual Llanelli store, however the more cover shifts I did there, the more I enjoyed myself and looked forward to those shifts. My current favourite time whilst working there was the Christmas period as every shift was always busy and was non-stop serving customers and meeting their needs. The hardest part of the job was having to do tasks I had never been shown how to do, however my supervisor and other colleagues would help me in those situations. What also helped during those situations was how understanding the customers were about the fact that I was new and still learning. Since my employment there I have learnt more about how important customer service is.
Good perks and discount. A lot of pressure these days to deliver targets. A lot of different things the company want you to track. Conversion, signing up customers to a loyalty card.
  1. Employee reviews