The Real Greek
Happiness score is 42 out of 100

The Real Greek Reviews

United Kingdom30 reviews

workhourfreemanagementgreekbusyplacelunch

A draining job day by day

Everytime I walked into work I felt like I had put on this front and it had all in all made my mentality of who do I need to Please today in order to have a smooth running shift. Yes there would be days where it would go well but most of the time in my time working there I had felt as though I was putting on a mask of who I truly am, the understaffing aspect made shifts very stressful as we'd be in a rush and there would be like 3 staff on. All in all I'd say work there if you don't mind walking out feeling less yourself

Pros

Free food on breaks, customer tips are nice on busy days

Cons

In consistent break times, understaffed, inconsistent rota

Very bad

The worst work you can do in your life is mishandling, mismanagement, and a very bad salary, and you will be forced to take unpaid rest hours. You will work long hours until midnight, come early in the morning, and work until closing. You will not find a rest day, even if you ask for it and you are tired. Nobody cares about you

Cons

Unpaid break, minimum wage and hours deducted You won't know why they were deducted and exploitation

Insights into The Real Greek

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Sense of belonging
  • Inclusive work environment

avoid

I had terrible experience with management of this restaurant. Wages in job offer are with tips included, so minimum wage is what you have here. Not recommend it

Cons

unprofessional management, wages

Bad

Very rude manager felt disrespected constantly and found out I was fired by being kicked out of the work group chat, when I asked for extra hours I was given zero hours for the entire month so it wasn't very surprising when I got kicked.

They don't pay right,always missing money,no tips

Horrible job,awful people,bad team which nobody helping you stay far from this company, don't go there for work.Very dirty kitchen,and the food is horrible.

Avoid

Management is just AWFUL Short staffed every shift so running around like headless chickens and then shouted at It is not a nice environmentI recommend you avoid it

Pros

Free food after 6 hours

Cons

Long hours and management

Avoid

It's plain bad!Everything about it was awful!Short of staff on every single shift, long hours and very little pay for all that work!No host, no runner.. just running like a donkey.

Good workplace

They pay you a little money for the work you do as a company Good place to work, very little money. And the people are very good, I have been there for 3 years.

Pros

Free lunch

Really fun work place.

It was a good start for someone without experience, and you really learn a lot during shift work everyone is so helpful.I had a very good experience.

Pros

Cons

Sometime

Extremely Bias , extremely bad management

Probably the worst job experience I’ve ever had , I don’t usually write reviews but this one is a must. The management would emphasise how we would all be a family , but totally showed the opposite . They let all their staff go once the opening period finished. If you’re not Greek or ethnic don’t work there. You feel left out since they all talk in their language (mostly talking bad about other colleagues) . Their pay is alright and you get your tips. They sometimes don’t pay staff for hours they do. A particular chef have made a few colleagues feel uncomfortable but the managers overlook it because they’re either greek or they don’t care , which absolutely concerning in a work place. Very fast and busy environment. They practically expected arms and legs from everyone and overworked you and if you wasn’t do a certain amount of hours that fit their standard you wasn’t apparently good enough. Worst place wouldn’t recommend

Productive and Great Place to Work

Great plac to work, very busy restauran and a good team in plac. The management are great and I've learnt a lot from my time her so far. Would highlu recommend.

Avoid like the plague is a joke

While doing my trial and when started they had numerous people doing trial shifts. I did a 10 hour shift and to this date still have not been paid and still being given the run around. Seems they are just getting free work off people and that's it considering the head chef was complaining people don't wanna do the hours they need apparently and people keep leaving well i wonder why. A very unprofessional place and hopefully no one else wastes their time here.

Interview

The company requires more work on people culture, free lunches does not guarantee a healthy and strong environment. Sad, that some good people haven't been selected.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Different views from HR consultant and The management

Good

Good place to work amazing chefs. Really well managed some really funny characters which would always make me laugh and have a good time on shift. There are no faults on this restaurant and is an amazing place to work

Busy but very happy work there

If I could I would come back , very kind and helpful management! Very good and tasty food not bad hours to work, always been helpful with anything I need

Avoid at all costs

I worked as a line chef which should be avoided at all costs if you are not Greek. There is a Greek supremacy situation in the back of house. Everybody is either Greek or Albanian and is speaking to each other in their own language. Even though I am a very extroverted person myself, I had difficulties getting in touch with people. Other than that, there is no work/life balance and everyone seems like they are enjoying this. The atmosphere is okay, pretty fast-paced. You would not improve yourself as a cook since most are precooked by the head chef and kept warm during the shift.

Pros

Free lunch and clean uniforms everyday

Racist

As far as I'm concerned, racists. Because it was very very clicky, all Greek, all chatting ti each other and not you, all given opportunites, praise, pay rise, power over you, but not you. "Let go" their non greek colleagues once their opening was complete. With no given reason.

Pros

Good food to be fair, interesting work

Cons

Clicky, managers dont care about you

Good hospitality workplace

On time payments (every 2 weeks), paid holidays, friendly environment. I appreciate that the company is supporting us during lockdown. Mostly recommended for Greek environment funs!

Pros

On time payments

Cons

Usually is busy

a wanna be greek restaurant

not much to say just didnt took my respect. searching for something more interesting that can make me happy and keep me interesting about my cooking and way of getting better in the kitchens

No care for staff

I do not recommend them. There is no vision, no culture. Just chaos. Always understaffed. Kitchen is overworked, staff floor the same. Long hours. No balance for your private life. Pay doesn't justify the stress. There is no proper training given. This company just does not care about nothing but numbers. Not quality, not staff, not health and safety. Stay away!

One of the worse company in uk

All Real Greek restaurants are covered in 90% with Greek staff. Every staff member has connection with management that is Greek of course. Is very difficult to progress in the company as first always is for Greek community. Staff is extremely unprofessional with very little or non experience and even problems with English language.

Pros

There is free lunch provided

Cons

Extremely busy restaurants with under staff plus very long hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Real Greek. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement