The Real Greek logo
The Real Greek

The Real Greek Employee Reviews

a wanna be greek restaurant

not much to say just didnt took my respect. searching for something more interesting that can make me happy and keep me interesting about my cooking and way of getting better in the kitchens

Interview

The company requires more work on people culture, free lunches does not guarantee a healthy and strong environment. Sad, that some good people haven't been selected.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Different views from HR consultant and The management

Good

Good place to work amazing chefs. Really well managed some really funny characters which would always make me laugh and have a good time on shift. There are no faults on this restaurant and is an amazing place to work

Busy but very happy work there

If I could I would come back , very kind and helpful management! Very good and tasty food not bad hours to work, always been helpful with anything I need

Avoid at all costs

I worked as a line chef which should be avoided at all costs if you are not Greek. There is a Greek supremacy situation in the back of house. Everybody is either Greek or Albanian and is speaking to each other in their own language. Even though I am a very extroverted person myself, I had difficulties getting in touch with people. Other than that, there is no work/life balance and everyone seems like they are enjoying this. The atmosphere is okay, pretty fast-paced. You would not improve yourself as a cook since most are precooked by the head chef and kept warm during the shift.

Pros

Free lunch and clean uniforms everyday

Racist

As far as I'm concerned, racists. Because it was very very clicky, all Greek, all chatting ti each other and not you, all given opportunites, praise, pay rise, power over you, but not you. "Let go" their non greek colleagues once their opening was complete. With no given reason.

Pros

Good food to be fair, interesting work

Cons

Clicky, managers dont care about you

Good hospitality workplace

On time payments (every 2 weeks), paid holidays, friendly environment. I appreciate that the company is supporting us during lockdown. Mostly recommended for Greek environment funs!

Pros

On time payments

Cons

Usually is busy

No care for staff

I do not recommend them. There is no vision, no culture. Just chaos. Always understaffed. Kitchen is overworked, staff floor the same. Long hours. No balance for your private life. Pay doesn't justify the stress. There is no proper training given. This company just does not care about nothing but numbers. Not quality, not staff, not health and safety. Stay away!

One of the worse company in uk

All Real Greek restaurants are covered in 90% with Greek staff. Every staff member has connection with management that is Greek of course. Is very difficult to progress in the company as first always is for Greek community. Staff is extremely unprofessional with very little or non experience and even problems with English language.

Pros

There is free lunch provided

Cons

Extremely busy restaurants with under staff plus very long hours

Good workplace

You usually have a good atmosphere working,it is not the place where you are going to develop all your skills as a chef, but you can work good with no too much pressure, but obviously the salary it is not high.

Jobs at The Real Greek

See more jobs

Ambiente lavorativo pesante ma ben renumerrato

un ambiente di lavoro tosto anche con turni di 15/16 ore, ma ben renumerato

Pros

pause caffe

fun productive great location

A great place to start your carreer in London; Amazing colleagues a great location the management is absoloutely fair with the guidance it gives and I learned to be a much more of an open person

Pros

great location free lunch

Cons

nothing

Poor managment

A typical day at work was a nightmare, we was 3 person at the bar, I never had the proper training, the waiters was telling everyone what to do, once they fought in front of the customers and the manager didn't make anything about it. The hardest part of the job it was pretty much everything I had to do a lot of heavy jobs because my colleagues they didn't want to help me, the most of the managers there they don't care about the customers and their employees if they are happy or not.

Pros

free lunch

Cons

noisy

Goos team work

Good experience. Learned and improvement my own skills. Different concept and food witch was very enjoyable to learn. Busy environment and very nice team.

productive, improving and challenging

a typical day at work in the real Greek would be a double shift with lot of nice customer. Very inspiring people to work with and an amazing team work.

Pros

free lunches

Dirty and disorganised

I used to work in this restaurant. At the interview you get promised more than 40 hours a week ( at least that's what I was told ) and after a while they start slicing your hours to "save money" - their idea of good management and money-saving technique. The salary is minimum, the waiters make all the money and they control tip sharing, without sharing equally with kitchen, bar or runners, which only get a small percentage of the total tips. The management almost never gets involved in staff well being or restaurant image. It's all about the money after all, isn't it ? Most of the employees are greek, which makes it kind of a not so much of a fair treatment to other nationalities working there. Equal opportunities and fair treatment ? Fairy tales. Don't believe everything you hear. My opinion - not the best place to work in.

Pros

Free food

Cons

Bad management, rude coworkers, no workplace equality

Aged review

Worked there a long time ago, used to be very busy and very long hours of work. Friendly helpful environment. A lot of changes and expansion happened since I left.

real greek restaurant for greek kitchen

they are exelent managers is very clean delicious food always serve amazing food the customers are satisfied with food and the staff The Real Greek-London Area-Bankside

Cons

8-9 ours