The Regenda Group

Working at The Regenda Group: Latest The Regenda Group Reviews

United Kingdom45 reviews

managementworkingpeoplecompanyjobworkstaffplace

Great team to work with,good salary, lots of driving involved, can be back and too to the same areas but you get used to it.Should of came to work here sooner .

Pros

No HR hunting in packs

Cons

Annualized hours

Ambitious and Dynamic

Great training and development opportunities. Fantastic conditions - modern and stylish office, flexible hours, fair pay, great colleagues. The CEO ensures everyone is fully informed of the companies aspirations and developments. He does regular roadshows and often makes time to have a chat with individuals. Everybody lives and breaths the values to which I after 5 years of leaving still live by to this day.

Insights into The Regenda Group

Areas for improvement
  • Energising work tasks
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Support from manager

Don't bother. The Management is poor.

A real shame, some decent people work there, unfortunately, not in management roles, the managers were out of their depth, and you could not ask them a question they did not have the relevant knowledge.

Pros

Leaving

Cons

Accepting the role

No support

It is a big job to take on and the training is inadequate. Further to this, a serious lack of assistance on the side when you ask for help though management would argue otherwise

The work is poor and boring.

It's the kind of place that loves it's red tape and procedures when they all mean nothing. People pretend to be sound and management is a joke. Don't waste your time working here if you want a successful career. It's boring, run by idiots and will waste your time. I was glad to get a better job elsewhere and while I enjoyed working with most of my team, the job itself wasn't worth the effort.

Pros

Benefits.

Cons

Poor management. Poor planning. High work load.

Regenda

Toxic culture. Didn't feel supported.Job insecurity. Key staff left in move from Bolton to Liverpool. Cold culture to work. Either in the click with management or not.

Cons

Job insecurity. Key staff left in move from Bolton to Liverpool.

Micro Management

The CEO is a sound bloke. Shame that can't be said about the people below him.In my team we are micromanaged into extinction, new people come and leave very quickly due to the draconian measures that are imposed on our sheer existence. The line manager comes across as all caring but can't wait to stab you in the back or find an excuse to unleash more micro management on you. Refuses to hold a team meeting unless told what will be discussed in advance with no reason other than.... Oh forgot no reason necessary because we are the minions.And to top it all, listens in on private teams conversations then tries to bend you to their will whilst manipulating the truth within the rest of the company and then blags to get out of the mess they cause. The only plus side is they work from home whilst we don't. Why do I stay I hear you ask, because I care about the people I work with in the team and as a front line worker.

Pros

£250 annual Live and learn course, use it to get more qualifications to leave 😉 Office closure at Christmas 🎅 Lone working 🙌

Cons

Won't recognise a union. Little recognition Micromanagement Nepotism

No work life balance

They speak with forked tongues ,my way or highway attitude from the manager’s ,as long as the boxes are ticked,they are happy and not bothered about the real issues that the scheme has.The idea behind behind the scheme to help care leavers on their way to independence is needed in this deprived area, BUT unfortunately the scheme will fail the care leavers unless Regenda learn from the mistakes that they have already made, in which confidence is really low.

Pros

The care leavers

Make up your own mind

Just glad to finally be out of there!The CEO is amazing and so are most of the staff there in various departments, but as soon as something gets on top of you they fail to support you. Only pretend to care when they are really just trying to get any ammunition to get rid of you. If that hadn't happened to more than 1 person, I wouldve thought I was being paranoid. So many people have been pushed out and they were hard workers too so it's the companys loss.Don't be put off working there if a job is right for you at the time as I still learnt so much from working there and for that I'm grateful. It just depends on which department you're in and whether they micro manage you due to insecurities they don't actually need to worry about, or whether they are drowning in something above their expertise I really don't know their motives and quite frankly, no longer need or want to know. Just cover your back and stay positiveSign up for the union too and build up a good network of people to speak to to ask for help. Good stop gap for a better role in a company elsewhere that cares.

Pros

Great teamwork amongst fellow sufferers

Cons

Not my place to say. Best to make up your own mind

Supportive work environment

Good place to work. Nice colleagues and supportive. Able to work autonomously.Flexible working. Provides training and tools to be able to do your work.

Pros

Flexible working

Cons

Job security

Colleagues great. However senior management team rarely listen to staff even when asking them questions.

Annual staff happiness review is ignored even though a big emphasis is put on it. They will frequently cut jobs to keep athe same team in power, with two restructures in 2020 to remove certain staff members from the team who were not doing bad in their role, they simply didn't like them. Nepotism is also extremely common, with managers sisters getting management roles even without any experience and much higher quality candidates being let go. Colleagues for the majority were great though and work/life balance is good with hours being 0900-1700. However the average salary is 5-8k per annum less than other housing associations and you are technically meant to get commission however it is only provided if all your personal targets and team targets are hit (which always moved each month to stretch the goal post)

Pros

Good hours

Cons

Everything about the senior management

I absolutely love it!

I absolutely love working for the independent living team. Iv never seen a company take care of the staff they way that Regenda have especially with the pandemic going on. Regenda have been outstanding and continue to go above and beyond.

Pros

Live and learn Grant, Flexible working, Holidays, competitive salary, amazing management team.

Cons

Mandatory training for the whole company reguardless of department.

M&Y comedy club

I worked for M&Y for 6 months in the Poulton branch. The company on a head office perspective seam to be great. But there Contract management cut every corner out there. At my induction I was told that Anti Vibration Tools would be used and that we needed to log all use. Once I got to the team I was informed that the tools were not even tested and tagged and that I didn’t need to bother with the log sheets. The after a couple of months I was asked to back date them and put fake data into them. I refused to forge any paper work. But I did fill them in and wrote equipment not tagged on every sheet. This happened on several occasions. I witnessed team members working 10ft in the air (have pictures as proof) with no safety in mind. The senior management team are doing there best but the lower management are not telling them everything. The wages are not balanced through the different departments some skilled worker get paid less then a labourer. They promised me the world at my interview but all I got was more stress and debt. Be very cautious about going to work for M&Y unless you are friends or family with the MD or the inner circle of the company.

Pros

Cons

Poor Middle Management

Official response from The Regenda Group

10 February 2021
We're sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your time with the Company. Our track record in the management of health and safety is excellent and our approach to health and safety is consistently rated as such by our staff. We have therefore commenced an investigation into the allegations made here in relation to HAVS. Our Director of Health & Safety is leading this investigation and if you wish to provide him with any further information please do feel free to contact him directly. We do have a clear, consistent approach to rates of pay for our trades staff so we do not recognise the suggestion that our rates of pay are 'unbalanced' - all of our jobs are advertised with the existing rate of pay for that role and we benchmark pay rates regularly.

Good career opportunities

Left company in 2018, at that time great work/life balance with the Merseyside Neighbourhood Team providing lots of social events which supported the team in having great connections. Direct Team Leaders very supportive and there was always opportunities to develop

Pros

flexi working, good work/social balance

Cons

company relocated which resulted in a long commute

Nepotism at work

I worked for the subsidiary company of Regenda, called M&Y Maintenance. I would not recommend working for these unless you are related to one of the management team as there is a culture of nepotism running through it. An example of this is the MD's daughter getting a blag office job, The MD;s husband also works there as a senior manager. Within 12 months, the daughter was a 'manager' after being given an unadvertised job. Avoid, Avoid, Avoid

Bad experience

Work here for a year and they are the worst firm I have ever worked for, they give you false information on interviews and soon as you are employed everything including health and safety goes out the window and don’t care about there employees, I went through a bit of rough time and the care team was ordered to sweep it under carpet and I was told not to talk to the care team again,

Pros

Cons

Bad place to work

Official response from The Regenda Group

3 September 2020
We're sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your time with the Company. However, we feel we must point out that our track record in the management of health and safety is excellent and our approach to health and safety is consistently rated as such by our staff. We do not have a 'care' team so we're unclear as to what is being referred to here but we can confirm that staff wellbeing is one of our utmost priorities and that we would seek to support any employee who is experiencing difficulties in their personal lives.

Bullying policy needs refreshing.

Very male oriented In higher management.Poor communication within organisation giving mixed messages.Dint speak up, just nod. Can be intimidating , when you are forced out and management cover up their weaknesses . They lack people skills and abuse their positions to reduce staff to tears. Vision and values are just strap lines, that mangers talk the talk but can not walk the walk. If your c

Productive Workplace

Overall fast-paced work environment that covers a wide range of areas in relation to social housing. Whilst working there, I have gained knowledge of social housing and the legislation surrounding it.

They dont honour loyal employees

I have seen a large amount of loyal, hard working, very highly experienced colleagues leave the company. Some left of their own will, some didn't. They used to listen to their employees now all they want is the no 1 spot in Times best 100 companies. One Are Director swears at staff & treat staff like they are children speaking to them in a digrading manner. Lots of Managers bad mouthing other Managers. Unsupportive. Very 'clucky'. Unrealistic workload for poor pay. Managers don't know the job or processes, just 'wing' it yet rely on knowledgeable staff, have their favourites. Poor work environment

Pros

Free tea & coffee

Cons

Unsupportive, untalented Managers

Too much work not enough staff

Over zealous Managers not enough support for the workforce from managers not enough on the job training you are just expected to produce outcomes without any real support.

Pros

Good Staff

Cons

Excessive Travelling

Interesting and Varied job role

In my role as a building surveyor, I have been involved in all aspects of the surveyor roles such as Quantity Surveying, Void Surveyor, Planned Surveyor, Stock condition surveys and my current role as Asset Surveyor. This has provided me with great experience as well as great enjoyment and a good understanding of each different role and its importance within the company. I have been as Regenda for 9 years and have seen the company cope through some difficult times for housing association and come out the other side and grow the business. We have an ambitious Chief Executive at the helm who has great plans to take the company forward.

Pros

Company vehicle

Cons

Job security

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Regenda Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement