The Resources Group

The Resources Group Employee Reviews

Very poor management, applied unnecessary pressure, blame game culture, set you up to fail if you are not a yes person. If you have work issues they don't want to know or work with you to help resolve them. Very little to no care or understanding of people as individuals. The instructors even have a tough time, very long working/travel hours and little support for them too. Office atmosphere was very tense. Made me feel sick before walking into the building each day. My manager was terrible with people, applied difficulties and added pressure which then set you up to make mistakes. When she had a meeting and left the room you could feel the tense atmosphere relax. A temporary administrator commented on the situation and he was glad to leave.
Pros
If your a yes person you will fit right in.
Cons
Bad management, bad office atmosphere, lack of understanding of people
don't get paid for travelling. any concerns they will just dismiss you as they see you as a threat. send you all over as they have no geographical knowledge. if your a yes person this company is for you
Loved the job, hated not being paid to travel. Job could change at very short notice. Out of office hours support very poor, not always a manager to speak too
A fast-paced, think on your feet, working environment - no day is the same! It's hard work but very rewarding (in terms of both job satisfaction and monetary reward) and it offers the chance to work in a close-knit and supportive team. I was fresh out of Uni when i joined TRG, with no office based work experience, but from day 1 I was involved in so many exciting and important business critical tasks and projects. I gained so many invaluable skills during my time working there (3 years in total) and i will always be so grateful for that.
The resources Group is a small family business which is a leader in its field. A face paced at times stressful but often rewarding environment. Great for someone who wants to be held accountable for their triumphs mistakes as well as the discussion into actions afterwards. The office is busy an productive as a result can be quiet as clients and instructors ring for support you will often not notice the quiet.
I was a training instructor with The Resources Group for a couple of years. In that time i got to see some beautiful places in the Scottish Islands and i also got to travel internationally to Hong Kong. I was given the opportunity to expand my knowledge and development and was put through many courses in the UK and Hong Kong to help with this and be able to train delegates in different fields. I was provided with company car, phone, laptop and all expenses were taken care off. I have taken some time out to travel and spend some time with my family but i am hoping to return to The Resources Group when i return to the UK next year.
No developement I've been askin since I began for course but only get lied to. If u complain you're made to feel like you to blame. Long hours with unreasonable travel between jobs. Loads of time away in Travelodge s. Very unprofessional management at all levels and no consideration for appointments etc
Pros
Cons
No developement. lie about developement
Director and managers are intimidating. Have to work in silence. Long hours, short lunch break. Managers always try and blame staff - 'Them' and 'us' attitude. They do not trust employees - account manager does not even have access to the accounts. Supposed to have an open door policy where employees can put forward their ideas however employees are scared to suggest ideas and when they do they are never taken on board. You are constantly watched and if you do something wrong you are put in a small room where the PA can keep and eye on what you are doing. To sum up it feels like you are back at school and would definitely not recommend working for this company.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, bad management
Terrible training, contradictory policies, management not open to suggestions for growth of company or personal growth of individuals in the company. What management says is what goes and all of the people under them have to do the dirty work. Owner and managers are in meetings all day long talking about god knows what and are never available to support their workers. They speak badly of their employees in their meetings and never speak to their staff personally. Everyone is expected to sit in front of their computer and not speak to each other. Working there was not pleasant or relaxing. For a place that you will spend most of your awake adult life, it is a prison.
Cons
Long hours, no socializing, no professional development
worked for this company for a few months. excellent back up and 24 hour help line. car, phone, fuel cards and paperwork provided. a lot of travelling and hotel accommodation. l
Pros
good salary
Cons
long times living in hotels