The Royal Wolverhampton NHS Trust

The Royal Wolverhampton NHS Trust Employee Reviews

A stressful environment to work in. Feel like you are constantly being criticised and no praise for doing good work. Colleagues tend to be pretty good and the work can be interesting but you go gone feeling stressed and anxious to come in the next day. The pay isn’t great either.
Pros
Interesting work
Cons
Awful management
I'm currently employed by the trust following a recommendation from a university colleague who also worked here. I have found that the management within therapy services are very supportive, proactive with developing & progression towards the next band. I feel that the teams that I have worked with are very approachable & helpful. Everyone has made me feel welcome whether it be therapy staff or ward staff, they are all a big family with open arms during this difficult time.
Pros
Proactive teams
Cons
Space for breaks due to COVID
Security, pension , holidays, progression, training all very good. Onsite faculties good. Friendly workplace. Car parking for staff but charged for.
Pros
Lovely staff
Cons
Can be busy
Experience would be better if managers Didnt bully staff out of their jobs making staff leave their jobs through constant abuse. .......................
Pros
Helping people
Cons
Corrupt managers
Amazing workforce and managers working trust are very proactive. The HR team are very experienced and helpful and the senior management team are very approachable. However, lacks option for work life balance and flexible working and office and building environment not the best. But would recommend as always willing to provide development opportunities! Managers within the trust are very educated and willing to do what is required, supportive matrons who go above and beyond for the department.
Pros
NHS benefits, fair, one site access, good culture
Cons
Limited parking, old buildings, high staff absence
Patient contact and problem solving are my favourite part of my role. Enjoy managerial side staff appraisal and teaching. Student mentoring. Enjoy the challenge of offering services on multiple sites with staff of various skills and abilities.
Pros
team working
Cons
no weekends
A great place to work Plenty of variety in the tasks Salary is good Management culture is excellent Most rewarding part of job is when a customer says "thank you".
Huge organisation which was constantly growing and employed just under 10000 staff. The HR department was dynamic with lots of opportunities to learn and grow. Supportive colleagues and management.
lots of unpaid overtime long hours missed breaks expected to complete tasks in record time Patients are lovely very grateful, all colleagues are hard working
Managers not at all helpful, unable to clear my name following a mistake which I didn't make & was dismissed after many years of loyal service, made to feel like a criminal and have never really got over that experience. Anxiety and depression is managed but the experience has left scars.
Currently working on a busy specialist ward, no two days are the same, it is a privilege to nurse the patients and become a part of their journey. It is a challenge at times due to lack of resources namely staff.
This was, without a doubt, the worst job I have ever had. The management hadn't a clue what they were doing, and had allowed staff to form a clique where bigotry and laziness was allowed to thrive. I had the highest patient recruitment rate they had ever experienced, which led to my colleagues "gossiping". Dreadful lack of vision by the managers and an appalling laissez faire attitude across the staff.
Very friendly and great staff and a lovely atmosphere to work in, I worked there for around 6 months and really enjoyed my time there, all of the porters are friendly and everyone was very welcoming.
Good place to be only 4 hour shifts per day unless your needed for overtime. Weekend work is on the wards and can be quite exhausting. Training is provided on the job
working in the HR workforce department and was an absolutely great place to work. Had to leave as was relocating so another part of the country but really miss it. Great people, great colleagues and great management.
Learned how to analyse data, The hardest part of the job were the deadlines for figures to be sent to the Home Office. Dealing with Alcohol and Heroin and Crack Addiction
Pros
Team Work between Nurses
Cons
Lack of Comunication
i was a work experience and young so was able to a lot of things, however the teams where very kind and willing to inform me on all the procedure they undergone.
Cons
i wish i could have stayed longer as i missed a birth with a mother whom i sent all day with
I have progressed in my employment with the trust and feel I am ready for a change in my career path.i have enjoyed working for the trust in numerous jobs and have been happy in each job i have made a lot of friends and happy memories working there.
Pros
Very good team work
Cons
Long hours and shifts
Excelente equipo medico, enfermero y auxiliar. Excelentes condiciones laborales.
Pros
Contrato estable
Cons
There are lots of benefits i.e. Flexibility. There are courses available. The bank is also an option. It is a very good place to work for. You are paid when off sick. Your salary increment goes up every year. There are lots of opportunities for advancement.
Pros
Staff benefits
Cons
You are expected to work hard
I found that there was little support for nurses who were new to the trust. The hospital has a blame culture and some of the staff do not think outside the box