The Savoy

The Savoy Employee Reviews in London

Insights into The Savoy

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Sense of belonging
Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager

Productive and satisfactory

A typical day as a Royal Service Agent at The Savoy is very broad. You have to deal from complaints to good feedbacks from your guests whilst dealing with the daily task as well as delivering luxury high standards such as FORBES and LQA. The managements is well distributed as everything is tracked down to make sure we enhance a wonderful journey for our guests from the beginning to the end. However the hardest part of the job is dealing with little tasks that comes out of the blu when on a busy day, as you do not want to upset anyone. However, there is always time for a fun moment when guests enjoy talking to you or when you correctly deliver what they have asked for with the highest standards.

Pros

Discounts in the venues

Cons

Shifts timing - very variable

difficult to develop

i have been working here for 2 years and I have not got any qualification that could have give me the possibility to develop on my career. I would recommend to look after their staff as they are the heart of the business.

Pros

regular hours

Cons

career progression difficulties

High class company

This company is a top class in terms of benefits and how they treat there employee. They serve the best quality service that u would wanted too. I can really encourage u to try and experience.

Pros

Free foodand clothing

Cons

Nothing to say

Amazing atmosfere

Savoy was definitly the best working experience I had so far. Would change notihng, pefect management and amazing HR support for everyone at all times.

Pros

free food

Fantastic company

An amazing place to work in the hospitality industry. Great benefits and opportunity to grow within the company. Great community and fun place to work.

Best place to work in hospitality

A lot of opportunities, with possibilities to grown up and show your skills in different areas and department. Supporting team and good team work in all areas.

Pros

Competitive salary

Cons

24 hours 7 days guest attention

Fun workplace

As I was on placement I was there to learn. over the 14 months, I spent there I worked in a restaurant where I gained f&b skills, bar & cocktail skills and hosting skills. I was also an Event server and I learned how to run a function and the Sales & Marketing side of the Events.

Pros

free lunch

Quite a homely place to work at with colleagues promoting teamwork.

The Savoy is a place working at hence its character that promotes teamwork and relationships. There are open for those team members who want to advance in their pursuit for advancement. There are several training programmesession on offer at the Savoy thus online and offline respectively.

Pros

There is free breskfast, lunch and dinner for every employee ( colleague ).

Cons

There are long hours and a three shift system in place .

Great atmosphere great working relations, worked along side some very interesting chefs from around the world and gained extensive knowledge in a wide range of foods

Work Review

Great Hotel with unlimited resources. Helping clients made the job exciting and fun. Savoy Hotel is a great place to work. I enjoyed the staff and the Management. The most enjoyable part of my experience was speaking to clients

Pros

Free Lunches

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at The Savoy?

Lifechanging

Working for The Savoy has been the highlight of my career. They treat colleagues as well as colleagues are expected to treat guests. We are "all" about the guest!!

Ambiente fantastico, è come lvorare in famiglia.

La definirei un' università del bartending dove poter lavorare in armonia con colleghi e clienti fantastici.

This place is the definition of "standards"

Great managers , great place but a hard job . This place can teach every of us what`s mean "standards" and "professionalism". Is exactly what you can expect from an expensive 5 stars hotel but with a plus of style.

Good place to work.

Good place to work. I started there when i moved in London. The system is organised, the employers can take the information what they need easily. If you are work or start as a beginner they give it to you training.

Pros

free lunches

Productive and fun workplace

An opportunity to experiment with food and menus. Great team work and environment. Achieved organisational skills and a different way of cooking with fresh and good quality products.

good

such a busy work place with easy going management. dedicated and excellent staff who enjoys their roles. a place to gain skills, knowledge and experience.

good

Cons

busy

Bonne equipe

Commis de rang lors des periodes de fete. beaucoup de travail lors de Noel et du Nouvel An. Tres bonne ambiance dans l'equipe. Managers compréhensifs et tres talentueux.

great workplace

Was commis chef in savoy after leaving college. was great place for me to learn expierance in a busy workplace. the place was very disaplinned work place

Pros

great place to work

Cons

17 hour days

great team work

Since I am at The Savoy I gained more experience not only in my position, but also in management job. I help my manager with stock take, writing emails, preparing rota and some other paper work. I really want to grow up. I have been studying accountancy in my country and really want to practise it here and to get it as my regular job.

Best Hotel in London

I have had the pleasure of working in this hotel, one of the best I have work. I had the chance of working in banqueting, private rooms and rooms service. The management was fairly good.

Pros

Working as an extra

Cons

No holiday paid

Productive and luxury place

Amazing hotel to work I'm very proud of this place Very respectfull with the employee

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Savoy. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.5