The Savoy

The Savoy Job security & advancement reviews

Clear
4.3Job security & advancement

High class company

This company is a top class in terms of benefits and how they treat there employee. They serve the best quality service that u would wanted too. I can really encourage u to try and experience.

Pros

Free foodand clothing

Cons

Nothing to say

difficult to develop

i have been working here for 2 years and I have not got any qualification that could have give me the possibility to develop on my career. I would recommend to look after their staff as they are the heart of the business.

Pros

regular hours

Cons

career progression difficulties

Fantastic company

An amazing place to work in the hospitality industry. Great benefits and opportunity to grow within the company. Great community and fun place to work.

Best place to work in hospitality

A lot of opportunities, with possibilities to grown up and show your skills in different areas and department. Supporting team and good team work in all areas.

Pros

Competitive salary

Cons

24 hours 7 days guest attention

Fun workplace

As I was on placement I was there to learn. over the 14 months, I spent there I worked in a restaurant where I gained f&b skills, bar & cocktail skills and hosting skills. I was also an Event server and I learned how to run a function and the Sales & Marketing side of the Events.

Pros

free lunch

Quite a homely place to work at with colleagues promoting teamwork.

The Savoy is a place working at hence its character that promotes teamwork and relationships. There are open for those team members who want to advance in their pursuit for advancement. There are several training programmesession on offer at the Savoy thus online and offline respectively.

Pros

There is free breskfast, lunch and dinner for every employee ( colleague ).

Cons

There are long hours and a three shift system in place .

Great atmosphere great working relations, worked along side some very interesting chefs from around the world and gained extensive knowledge in a wide range of foods

Lifechanging

Working for The Savoy has been the highlight of my career. They treat colleagues as well as colleagues are expected to treat guests. We are "all" about the guest!!

Good place to work.

Good place to work. I started there when i moved in London. The system is organised, the employers can take the information what they need easily. If you are work or start as a beginner they give it to you training.

Pros

free lunches

good

such a busy work place with easy going management. dedicated and excellent staff who enjoys their roles. a place to gain skills, knowledge and experience.

good

Cons

busy

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at The Savoy?

It's average

If you can handle the stress of shift work then it's a good place to work but zero hour contracts are not good. It is a fast paced environment and the team are very welcoming.

Pros

50% discount on food when on shift

Cons

lack of job security

great team work

Since I am at The Savoy I gained more experience not only in my position, but also in management job. I help my manager with stock take, writing emails, preparing rota and some other paper work. I really want to grow up. I have been studying accountancy in my country and really want to practise it here and to get it as my regular job.

Savoy Hotel

Dobra kadra zarządzająca, dbająca o swoich pracowników, którzy są zawsze na pierwszym miejscu. Dobra atmosfera i doświadczenie w pracy w międzynarodowym środowisku. Duża presja w związku z historią i renomą miejsca i kontakty międzynarodowymi celebrities. Co też jest najprzyjemniejszą częścią mojej pracy np:uczestnictwo w przygotowaniu junket i współpraca przy organizacji BAFTA/BRIT w hotelu

Pros

darmowe posiłki, uniform, zniżki na transport, lekarz, kursy

environnement de travail ok

environnement de travail agréable stages de développement le management trés strict

Pros

des tiket restaurante gratuit

Cons

pas de jour off fixe

Good place to work with good benefits

Savoy is good place to work if you are dedicated hard working individual and wants a career in hospitality industry Savoy offers good opportunity i learned how to work more efficiently in a fast paced kitchen every day it gives me an opportunity to handle work pressure more better and made me more confident individual I enjoyed being busy here all the time and work closely with other department and chefs over all great place to learn and grow

Pros

laundry service Uniform, Free meals on duty, good company to work for

Cons

Long hours, no fix days off, No promotion within department

na

one of the best places to work i gained so much Beverage and Food Knowledge

Good place to work.

I'm only working as a temporary staff and have nothing much to say. However, from my experience, overall, I like the companies organisational culture and they seem to be looking after their employees.

Great company to work for .

Sadley this company is no longer trading good company to work for , I was able to meet some a listers ,and vvip s through my role , it must be said that some of these a listers and vvi ps , had how shall I put it, unique personalities .

Cons

Average salary

best management,friendly enviroment

/one of the best work places ever, a profesional team always ready to deal with any isues and find the best solutions. stock of knowledge gained within the company

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Savoy. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.5