The Savoy

The Savoy Work-life balance reviews

Clear
4.2Pay & benefits

Amazing atmosfere

Savoy was definitly the best working experience I had so far. Would change notihng, pefect management and amazing HR support for everyone at all times.

Pros

free food

difficult to develop

i have been working here for 2 years and I have not got any qualification that could have give me the possibility to develop on my career. I would recommend to look after their staff as they are the heart of the business.

Pros

regular hours

Cons

career progression difficulties

Fantastic company

An amazing place to work in the hospitality industry. Great benefits and opportunity to grow within the company. Great community and fun place to work.

Best place to work in hospitality

A lot of opportunities, with possibilities to grown up and show your skills in different areas and department. Supporting team and good team work in all areas.

Pros

Competitive salary

Cons

24 hours 7 days guest attention

Quite a homely place to work at with colleagues promoting teamwork.

The Savoy is a place working at hence its character that promotes teamwork and relationships. There are open for those team members who want to advance in their pursuit for advancement. There are several training programmesession on offer at the Savoy thus online and offline respectively.

Pros

There is free breskfast, lunch and dinner for every employee ( colleague ).

Cons

There are long hours and a three shift system in place .

Ambiente fantastico, è come lvorare in famiglia.

La definirei un' università del bartending dove poter lavorare in armonia con colleghi e clienti fantastici.

productive and fun place to work

my day was enjoyable most of the time i like talking to the other staff and i liked helping the guests as and when i could the days went quickly and enjoyed most of them

Pros

friendly

Cons

no cons

Good place to work with good benefits

Savoy is good place to work if you are dedicated hard working individual and wants a career in hospitality industry Savoy offers good opportunity i learned how to work more efficiently in a fast paced kitchen every day it gives me an opportunity to handle work pressure more better and made me more confident individual I enjoyed being busy here all the time and work closely with other department and chefs over all great place to learn and grow

Pros

laundry service Uniform, Free meals on duty, good company to work for

Cons

Long hours, no fix days off, No promotion within department

High level of quality

I work in banquet and afternnoon tea section. It's never the same day. I learn so much, we used to change the menu every two months. One day I do chocolate decoration and an other day it's 300 cheesecakes. We used to do competition like Easter egg or eclair. We are 26 pastry chef, we are a team we all work together. Some days are very long it's long 14 hours, it's physical, carry weight and cook for big pax.

Pros

laundery, meals

The real Luxury Service

From the location to the colleague environment, through the respectful management to the genuine smiles, it is indeed a superb Hotel and Company to work for.

Ambiente lavorativo molto stimolante

Sono un cuoco abbastanza abile o almeno cosi dicono, ma si dai, ci sarà del vero se lavoro come sous chef in un 5 stelle lusso a Londra...

Pros

Sono Chef

Cons

Sono Chef

Productive and expensive place

5 star hotel with high class people. Friendly environment.

Pros

free lunch, breakfast, gifts

Commis chef de cuisine

I worked split shifts in the ! River Room Resturant) i was commis gardemanager, in the larder preperation of all the meats. fish and afternoon tea sandwiches. Then 3 months in the rottiuser (Roast section) mis en place for grill section preperation of large joints for the carvers.

Pros

good experience

Cons

Great company to work for .

Sadley this company is no longer trading good company to work for , I was able to meet some a listers ,and vvip s through my role , it must be said that some of these a listers and vvi ps , had how shall I put it, unique personalities .

Cons

Average salary

best management,friendly enviroment

/one of the best work places ever, a profesional team always ready to deal with any isues and find the best solutions. stock of knowledge gained within the company

Stimolantissimo

diciamo che ancora oggi mi mangio le mani per essere andato via. Più che da questa struttura, dall'Inghilterra...l'ambiente in cui ho lavorato era molto duro e competitivo ma a differenza di altri posti qui andavi avanti e eri bravo veramente. anche se come semplice cameriere di private rooms (Runner, dato che portavi a tavola piatti già scelti da menù che offrivamo) mi sono veramente divertito e lavorato duro. Conosci tanta gente di ogni parte del mondo con cui confrontarti e parlare di tutto. Ho avuto anche l'occasione di servire ad un pranzo organizzato e presenziato dalla Regina Elisabetta, molto emozionante.

Pros

Amicizie, prospettive lavorative...ottima esperienza

Cons

Che sono andato via

productive

the most enjoyable' part of a job' is working with my team and getting alone with people

Pros

free lunches

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Savoy. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.5