The Shiseido Group

What people like
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager
  • Overall satisfaction

Fast paced and hard work

Typical day at work included managing the day to day finance and operational aspects of the business.Fast growth aspiration needed additional back office support to support sales and supply chain.Business felt like a start- up although in reality it is backed by large corporate

Pros

free cosmetics

Cons

lack of strategy

Great Company

So happy I came to work here, I learned a lot. Most of the people are kind and very helpful. They really try to make the work environment fun but its difficult with Covid restrictions.

Good place to start

Generally a good place to start with if you are an intern or a new grad. You get to work with different departments. But it’s always hard to get a response from people that you have to keep pushing for a reply when the questions are not even hard to answer. Lack of onboarding training.

Pros

People are great

Cons

Really bad management. Too many people leaving

Average beauty company

If you are looking for a pioneer company within a beauty industry, then I would not recommend this one. If you are more a career oriented person and you love to learn and develop your skills, I would suggest to enter one of the TOP3 ww beauty groups.

Horrible experience in the Edmonton area

Left with zero support! Having to cover 5 brands but stuck in one location only because the other freelancer wasn’t allowed at that location! And they are the only freelancer with hours! No hours but expected to do the impossible and do all the work on your own time! Felt like I was set up to fail from the very beginning even tho I knew the product line inside and out! If you want to be second best and never given the chance to shine then this position is for you

Pros

Sephora cast, amazing products

Cons

Leadership, support, and the feeling of being phased out or replaceable

Excellente,

Compañia con mucha credibilidad y eficiencia.Cumplí 25 años de tiempo completo, actualmente trabajo de freelance. Facil vender un producto cuando confias y crees en el. Con los años los clientes te hacen adquirir esa confianza.

Pros

Aprender el arte OMOTENASHI

Cons

Si no te gusta trabajar con publico, no es para ti

Very fair, excellent brand awareness and quality of products.

Shiseido is an excellent place to work if you could manage to stay there on a long period of time due to their excellent benefits. The hardest part was getting orders on a timely manner with your accounts during the pandemic.

Pros

great benefits

Cons

Last minute projects

great people but too many changes

Great people, you will learn a lotLots of manager but some don't have anyone to manageHQ has a strong impacts to the team. Very limited room to grow

Pros

people are great

Cons

no rooms to grow in position

Ambiente maschilista

Nessuno scatto di anzianitàNessun aumento di stipendio nonostante aumenti la mole di lavoro.

Pros

Ticket

Cons

No crescita, no voce in capitolo

Work

The culture and work life balance make this company a really great company to work for. They are really good to their employees. It’s hard to be promoted and move up in your departments.

Good place

During my time there, the company was employee centered. All the departments worked as One. The supervisor was very relax, wasn't on our back and yet our production exceeded every day. The coworkers are fantastic people from different backgrounds. The only thing I didn't like was that when it got busy, we worked everyday (I have to precise that they offered us gifts, free lunch, and beauty bucks for the trouble). And plus management paid us our full weekly salary for the 7 weeks on lock down. Thank you again

The Legacy team members are amazing. The People from Home Office are Amazing.

The majority of the OLD Team members where Great . Lately is becoming L'Oréal 2.0. People that didn't got promoted at L'Oréal came in and they are doing the same to the Old SHISEIDO Team members . L'Oréal is a great school for consumer goods professionals I'm sure SHISIEDO eventually will be the same . The HQ People should be looking at this. A good balance between Legacy and new is needed to ensure the company stay as SHISIEDO with all that History and great products.

Pros

Great Legacy People

Cons

Losing a little of Identity . Is SHISIEDO no L'Oréal

Estandares altos para trabajar como mucho 3 o 4 días al mes

Te llaman para promociones, solo 3 o 4 días al mes, con lo cual el salario no da ni para los gastos básicos

Pros

Es en el Corte Inglés

Cons

Mucha temporalidad, muy pocos días, inestabilidad

good work life balance

It's great company to start a career. Work life balance is good. Promotions are not easy. Network is important to step up. There are unfair promotions.

Superbe entreprise

Entreprise humaine, très belles marques au sein du groupe, top!

Pros

Beaucoup d’avantages

Cons

Rien à signaler

I love the products, Beauty Advisors, Accounts. Stifled by the company culture

*The culture in a Japanese work environment differs greatly from that of an American workplace.While Americans generally have to be self motivated and focus on individualism, Japanese employers embrace group mentality and must look to superiors for approval before doing anything. EVERYTHING NEEDS A CONFERENCE CALL.Both cultures work extremely long hours and take very little vacation time during the year.*The most enjoyable part of my job was doing large in-store events and working with the beauty advisors.

Pros

Very fast paced, exciting! Great products!

Cons

Lack of on-boarding and support. Politics makes the job so much harder then it has to be.

Really good place to stay but career progression is limited

Typical work day involves email communication. WFH is easy and communication is not affected. My direct manager is excellent in leadership & direction. Hardest part is that as local SGrean, it is difficult to have career progression. Most enjoyable is the colleagues who are really fun to be with.

Pros

Free cosmetics, work life balance

Cons

No career progression

Δημιουργικό περιβάλλον και άνθρωποι με όραμα που ξέρουν να επιλέγουν συνεργάτες.

Καταπληκτική ευκαιρία καριέρας αλλά ένα δικό μου πρόβλημα υγείας (καλπάζουσα ακμή)με ανάγκασε να παραιτηθώ.

Pros

Πενθήμερη, πεντάωρη εργασια

Cons

Αλλαγή εργασιακού χώρου καθημερινά

Great company culture, responsive and supportive

Inclusive and responsive is the best way I can describe my experience. At Shiseido Global they not only Support you with the tools to succeed, they provide a community that can only be described as a Family. In a world where the bottom line is the only concern, Shiseido is driven by excellence in all areas and provides a level of support that results in success!

Pros

Optimum working environments, travel, excellent ongoing training, great diversity, generous gratis!

Cons

Weekends, long hours standing in business dress attire.

Cinco estrelas

Uma empresa que trata os empregados como família! Maravilhosa ! A pressão no trabalho é uma pressão saudavel de força nunca de desânimo!

Pros

Todas

Cons

O ordenado poderia ser melhor comparativamente a outras marcas no mercado

Environnement agréable

Travail agréable, assez lumineux, à l'extérieur beaucoup d'espace de verdure.

Pros

Ticket restaurant, droit à la boutique

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Shiseido Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• The Shiseido Group