The Sigma Financial Group logo
The Sigma Financial Group

The Sigma Financial Group Employee Reviews

Toxic Work Environment

Sigma could be an amazing place to work but they're running before they've mastered walking. They promote staff who are not suitable for the positions whilst leaving behind staff who would be perfect. Sdms are unorganised

Cons

Long unsociable hours

Don’t waste your time

Don’t waste your time at sigma I worked on 3rd floor debt and honestly it was the worst place that I’ve ever worked people are brill everything else is terrible

Pros

Colleagues

Cons

Everything else

Don’t work here

I would recommend not working for Sigma. There is no way to work your way up. Constantly taking calls with no breathers. Lunch + breaks are scheduled and if you take your break later you will be shouted at. Treated like children. No campaign is permanent you will be passed around different campaigns and could have a possible risk of being made redundant. This definitely isn’t a career path unless you’re a team manager already. Pay is shocking and some of us have been paid wrong since the start of our employment which still hasn’t been sorted for us. We have no interaction with our team mates and are like robots on calls. If you put yourself in a code just to take 5 minutes to gather yourself as some calls can be stressful you will be asked what you are doing every single time. No team meetings, processes change all the time so no one knows what’s going on.

Pros

9-5 (can vary on different campaigns)

Cons

Constantly on calls, no team morale, not supported, salary is poor

Worst Job in my life

There are absolutely no pros for this job, you are treated horribly. You cannot book holidays if someone is off sick or on maternity. Long hours and unrealistic targets. Breaks times are allocated and timed to the second. Many people are forced to have lunch at 11am then expected to be glued to their desk until 6pm. There is no sick pay and holidays are a myth. There is no free parking and the pay is atrocious. This is false advertising. You will have issues with pay every month and notice you have been under paid. There is no bonuses, it's all a lie.

Pros

Cleanish canteen?

Cons

No sick pay, no holidays, micro managed

Not a nice company to work for

No support and the managers seem to dislike staff they are not genuine. Do not ignore the bad reviews they get as I was told to. As they true.They have an us and the culture.

Pros

Cons

Really long hours with no support.

Unprofessional and unorganised

Lack of training Company has a high staff turnover because they can’t look after staffToo many people giving managerial roles without even having people skills Low pay for the work you do

Pros

Working from home

Just Don't Bother

First thought, this company doesn't seem too bad, first 2 months everything was ok even though the training process I had was appealing considering I knew nothing about energy or who E.On Next was, I basically had to learn on the job and teach myself/learn from my other co-workers who were all in the same boat pretty much the blind leading the blind, which turned out to be the best thing about the company. Was told we would work back office mainly emails and helping out on calls ever so often fast forward to today me writing this I'm dreading logging on because its been months since we did any emails it's just constantly on calls, I don't mind it but it's just everyday management leaves us in the dark no tell of when we will return to the job we were sold and promised at the start. They say one thing in the interview but when you sign that contract it all changes, good luck trying to speak about your contract with anyone nothing really gets done until you sign it, however the HR staff are amazing possible the best thing about the company itself. Management told us when we went on phones the first time there would be no targets..... Fast forward to now everyone is worry about job security if they don't hit the targets that's always moving. So much pressure on a team that wasn't trained properly to work the systems for emails but got trained in 30mins for the call system and was told quality over quantity at the start to be now told we need to be doing 6+ calls and hour or your pretty much shamed for ring the lowest call taker as different teams can see your stats. On top of that -

Pros

Customer Awards, Provides equipment

Cons

Structure of the company, No detailed training, Contradictory information every week

Awful place to work.

KPIs are unrealistic with the lack of training we had. TM have little to no knowledge of the systems. The DTL's are fantastic but pushed to their limits with the high workload.Call scores seem to be based on who marked them.Requested extra training of USI (their overly complicated system) on various occasions and received no help, yet get 'coached' on stats that are rammed down ya neck every day anyway. Give us some decent training and our stats might improve. Worst place I have ever worked.

Pros

We get paid on time each month.

Cons

long hours, short breaks, underqualified management, unrealistic KPI's, hard to book holidays, low pay, lack of training.

Customer service

Rubbish company avoid at all cost bad mangement awful traning no help...Receiving coaching forms for something that is not even major and no help is provided if you ask for help you are a cause if concern.

Pros

Cons

Literally everything

Management and working environment is very poor

No help from any management I mean not at all. When working from home it was disgraceful. Systems always crashes. No one had had a clue what about anything. IT support was great when phoned them. Always they try to help. But as a company the campaign and the management was disgraceful...

Pros

Useless

Cons

Disgraceful

Jobs at The Sigma Financial Group

See more jobs

Owners seemed decent, management and working environment is poor

Management us and them.No progression unless they want you to progress then coached you even if you have been there a few weeks/ days.Training poor.

Pros

A job, nice helpful colleagues

Cons

No opportunities unless they like you and you brown nose.

Avoid at all cost

Awful awful company! No training, Managers have no experience and extremely rude! No support,Minimum wageExpect you to know everything when you haven't even had training Do no hear back from HRAll queries go unanswered therefore cannot advise the customers calling EVERY new starter HATES it here and all has the same experience and issues Systems DO NOT WORKNo lunches or breaksThis place has really affected my mental health and its only the beginning of week 2Go to the job centre - you'll be better off

Cons

Mis advertised should be Collections advisor

The work environment is a take a payment culture and misuse of power. Only management forward customer complaints and headsets do not cancel noise/bell rings.

Pros

An extended lunch

Cons

Do not take complaints to make any improvements

my experience

higher staff on the call floor (who are not taking calls) are rude. managers get offended when you ask for help and take a lot of pleasure in degrading you for it. their feedback process is questionable. apart from that it had a nice colleague atmosphere. people were nice. basically you don't get a lot of job satisfaction as in the department i work for including manager did not have a clue about what we were doing. we were like headless chickens.

Pros

friendly atmosphere

Cons

stressful and frustrating

Na na na

Na na na great company but certain managers need replacing. Some managers Treat the staff badly but there are others that support you with everything

Good first job. Thats about it

Easy to get job not much skills experience needed. Dont bother thinking about promotion unless your an avid kisser of management behinds. Bants with colleagues are unrivalled and unmatched the only reason most people are their for long is because of the peers at advisor level. Management is the reason most people escaped

fun to work

great place to work in and friendly. have learned how to coach people and team building. also customer complaint handling. i have learned how to deal with difficult customer and also clming them down when there is an issue

Shodily run team. Favours for mates culture. No recognition for those who go the extra mile. Bonuses cut when campaigns change. Lack of communication. Lack of training. High expectations rotas never stay as agreed. Hard to organise holidays. A lot of sickness from less dedicated team members that is never addressed.

Fast Paced Environment

Business Outsource Partner specialised in fast paced environment and reactive to market changes. Provides Opportunities for employee development into middle management.

Monotonous Debt Collection calls

I worked for this company for quite a while... the job was very boring and felt very repetitive! You are constantly on the phone for 40 hours a week trying to chase customers to pay their outstanding payments on their accounts. The type of call that you get is very angry customers that don't want to pick up the phone to you because the last thing on their mind is to pay. Management are always having a laff and joke with eachother, while your there taking difficult calls, you actually feel awkward asking for help. There is no progression opportunities and no pay rises. The training is always changing and you are constantly being bombarded with new phrases to say on each call. You feel like your a child. If you like being a debt collector then this role is for you! I was told that it was a customer service role by the agency but this is not true. Bonus is rubbish and pay is awful for what you have to do.. they are always taking on mew staff. Im glad i left!

Average place to work

Average overall Workplace is okay Toilets need more cleaning regularly as well as some people's mouth .. Even with job progression hardly any payrise !

Pros

Challenging

Cons

Rude work culture

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Sigma Financial Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8