The Smugglers Inn

The Smugglers Inn Employee Reviews

It has its highs and lows

Working in the Smugglers can be fun, there are some sides to the job which really suck. Things like being able to take time off whenever you want it a great thing however, you can only do this if you can get someone to cover your shift. This is your responsibility to do so and not up to the owners. You also don't get holiday pay or sick pay. Your shifts are also set, if you agree to do certain days or shifts, then those are the shifts that you are going to work until someone else leaves or you permanently swap with another member of staff. The rest of the staff are great and we treat each other like family in a way, caring for each other and making sure we are all ok.

Interesting and New

I've never worked in a pub before and it was a very different role, staff are all friendly, manager is a nice person and fair to the staff, slowly improving and the pub will only get better with time.

owners/management are horrid

unfortunately not nice people to work for, the owners have no people skills or compassion for their staff. if they like you you’re fine but if your face doesn’t fit they’ll ignore you. chefs are rude and nasty, but you’re unable to speak in confidence about personal issues about other staff as they think the sun shines out of there bottom

Pros

customer interaction

Cons

owners and management

Okay first job

It was okay, for me it was my first job. I would often get rushed when it was really busy and i was the only one washing up, even though it was obvious that I was stressing out. I didn't get any breaks because, to quote the manager, "I was paid by the hour."

Pros

Staff discount, good pay and tips.

Cons

Long hours, got no breaks at all.

Great people to work with

The people that work there and the customers are amazing and really easy to get along with, it truly feels like a family and you know that someone will always help you if you need to.

Pros

Free carveries

Cons

Worked there too long

Workpace

Its fun, faced paced and everyone working there has a very good work ethic. The team work and team commitment was like no other place that I've worked in . very understanding management.

Unorganised

Fun environment but not enough guidance. Lots of responsibility for being so new to the industry. Tips aren't great as it is a locals pub. Reccomend a trial

Enjoyable Experience

Fun and enjoyable place to work set in a great location with great people. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting so many new and interesting people. However, the hardest part of the job was keeping up with customers during busy periods. My time at the Smugglers Inn taught me a lot about customer service and the day-to-day running of a business.

Good atmosphere and Fun workplace

My time at the Smugglers was very good, the place is run by good management and always has a good atmosphere when entering, the staff are very good and will look after people when needed, the food there is very good and is very tasty.

Pros

Making good friends and Fun Workplace

Cons

Busy Days

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Smugglers Inn. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3Job security/advancement
  • The Smugglers Inn
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?