The Social Element

The Social Element Reviews: Working at The Social Element

Fun to Work For

A typical day at work is quite the same with any remote based company. I have learnt how to use some particular tools like Sprinklr and Basecamp throughout my working period. Overall, workplace culture is great and respects all kinds of identities. The most enjoyable part is to learn new things about the ways of communicating with the clients.

Pros

Remote working

Cons

Less amount of shifts

Work at home job.

I work from home for this company. For an online work environment they do an excellent job of keeping people informed and connected. Advancement is not so easy but I enjoy working for them. Hours vary which is a drawback for steady income.

Pros

working from home

Cons

Hours vary and schedule is not always steady. I cannot set my own hours.

Insights into The Social Element

What people like
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Support from manager
  • Fair pay for job

Amazing enviroment and coworkers

Love every aspect of this job. lots of communication, everyone is friendly and pleasant and loads of fun projects to work on and lots of room for advancement.

Management does not communicate with you in terms of understanding why the lack of projects when you reach out. This can go on for several months or never get a project. One begins to feel like they are not cared for as workers. No one gets back to you to let you know where you stand as an independent contractor. If they do, they pretend like they are working to fix it, but excuses just build up, until you lose trust and respect for the agency. Transparency is all that a worker need. Look elsewhere for work in the meantime.

Pros

Work from home

Cons

Poor management

Great for independent, telecommuting professionals

A blend of start-up and mid-level, The Social Element works hard to retain its boutique feel by continually offering training and mentoring opportunities for their team members I have worked here for quite some time and I appreciate the relaxed easy manner with which you can speak with anybody in the company - from the founder/CEO to the newest member at any level. Telecommuting is a huge bonus - and if you are a self-starter with a lot of initiative and passion it's a perfect fit. Your lifestyle works as long as you work as well. Being a team player is an important part of The Social Element which means you can both rely on your partners but that we all let each other shine when it's valid. Due to telecommunication however, there can be some challenge with competitive salaries. I have the utmost respect for my colleagues and the leaders of this company.

The Social Agency- Telecommuter

The experience was a positive one. I would have a set shift and sign in to communication tools during shifts, in case changes or updates need to be communicated to me. You really have to be self motivated and disciplined. The companies best interests really need to be at the forefront of your actions.

Pros

Independence, good training, flexibilty and great work enviroment

Cons

No raises or pay increase, little recognition of work and poor communication at times.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at The Social Element?

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Social Element. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement