The TJX Companies, Inc.

The TJX Companies, Inc. Employee Reviews

Found 1,616 reviews matching the search
Making friends makes the shifts doable. Having colleagues that you talk to and get along with made the shifts for me. Management generally don’t listen to your feedback. Team leaders who still have the same responsibilities as you do as little as possible and then pull rank and get others to do their stuff too. Management always had a few favourites who could get away with murder ( great if that’s you but sucks for everyone else)
Pros
Hourly pay is good.
Cons
Expected to work as much as possible
I absolutely loved working within TJX. I worked in the warehouse and if it hadn't of been for our warehouse closing due to relocating and the staff becoming redundant I would definitely still be there. There was opportunity to relocate but I wasn't in the right position family wise to take advantage of this. I would go back to the company in a heartbeat, we was one big family and I miss the environment.
I worked here as Xmas seasonal staff and i can only describe it as consistent as a supermarket. Your service is not valued here . Customers that shop here want just speed as though going through the supermarket check out and have an attitude towards the staff as a though they’re lower grade. It seems the more bargain the shop the worst customers treat you. The staff were nice but your hardly got the chance to get to know them as you don’t have any time to talk to each other . Some of the management were nice and handled situations well and had a good attitude towards the team but there are also a few who think they are there to control you and make you feel as though you’re in jail. However overall it as a nice experience to work there. Wages are average and the staff discount is tight!
Pros
Shift to suite me
Cons
Hard work little staff discount
I say overall it's a great place to work he's just very fast pace and you really don't get time to talk to people much but other than that the jobs rewarding and good
Pros
Staff discounts overtime goodbye
Cons
Long hours on feet
I was working in this location as a sales assistant. The workload was manageable I have no complaints regarding the workload however, the management was very unprofessional. I have seen managers recruiting their friends and relatives and supporting them more than other employees. They do not treat people fairly and equally!. Managers speaking in their own language during trading with their friends and relatives that work there. Disrespectful towards other people!. You have team leaders always gossiping about employees between each other. Finally, I went to a senior manager not to complain but to make him aware of what is going on and how I feel about certain things that are not right, he laughed in my face and said he cannot do anything about it.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Short hours, unprofessional management, favouritism
I enjoy it a lot and my team is great. It hard at times but I have learnt many skills. Being part of a team is important to me and i prefer the work in a team.
Learnt how to be calm with customersLearnt responsibility Good breaks either 30 minutes or 1 hour Staff were extremely nice and helped me throughout the job
Pros
Staff Discount
Cons
I am 63. Yes the job can be hard and it may take a while to settle in, but it can also be fun, the people and the culture are the best I have experienced. All my colleagues have been really helpful and friendly. Love it
Pros
Everything else
Cons
Time shifts
Good culture there and based on our management we recieved a lot of support if ever needed. Can be stressful especially during a pandemic and festive times but can be fine.
Take the p*ss making temp/part time employees work 30+ hours when they have a 12 hour contract , the rota gets changed so much some days you won’t know when ur working and you’ll get yelled at for asking. The managers gossip and make fun of you, overall everything seems unorganised a monkey with half a brain cell could do their job much better. Co-workers are friendly although some can be cliquey. Don’t get me started on the fact you only get one break (1 hour) and that’s only if you’re working an 8+ Shift
Pros
Discount
Cons
Unrealistic working hours
The only place I know gives chance to everyone to prove themselves. If u work hard and focus on your job u will definitely be rewarded. People still have sometime issues with management and hours but I think there is no job on earth which doesn't have....
Very fast paced working to deadlines but health & safety was excellentwell trained for each task and always updated when changes were being made to contract
Pros
Free parking and easy access to building
Cons
Short term contracts and stop starting at short notice
Slow working pace if you dont want to work you can go at a pace that suits you. Training is terrible and management have no empathy for staff who may be suffering with medical conditions. If your face dont fit then you will get all the bad jobs. Shifts not given out fairly, some staff have never worked weekends or lates.
Pros
Discount card.
Cons
Unsociable hours
Biased management. Personally I was bullied and harassed on the job for years. Because my face didn't fit. Me and another girl were doing all the running around and some other staff got the easy jobs like jewellery counter. And then the other staff took advantage and bossed us around too because they saw how poorly we were treated by Management who gosssiped and had favourites
Pros
Some nice customers
Cons
Poor management .
I loved working at TKMAXX, I would not have left there had it not been for the fact that I was moving back to Bristol.Great Management and the best team of people that you could work with.Encouraged to progress if you desire.
Pros
Team work
Cons
The most enjoyable part of the job was helping the customers find what they needed. The hardest part of the job was getting everything out on time for when we opened.
I enjoyed working with tk.maxx . It was a great company and the job was good. Fast paced. Lovely stock. A lot of team building exercises and experiences.
Having worked overseas for TJX I thought as a whole the company would be similar. I was so wrong. It’s the management of the store that sets the president for how you will enjoy working at the store. Abroad, my manager was amazing and a people person. Treated everyone equally and as long as the job was done the staff were able to use their own initiative and the store was well run sufficiently. They were also more flexible with working hours and set shift hours as long as you could be flexible for extra shifts.In England it’s target driven and I couldn’t believe you could be called into a disciplinary meeting for not finding 5 targets a week for things like ticket switches, attempted theft and incorrect pricing. You had to be incredibly flexible and give your life away to be ready to work any hours and any days. There was no advance notice other than week to week for shifts so you never had a work life balance and hours were dictated for your life to work around. Staff who had worked there for years and trained in team leader roles never seemed to progress further and this was most definitely due to the manager pulling the strings for progression. Outsiders instantly took the higher level roles rather than those with experience within the company already. I enjoyed the fast paced work and the different brands that came in daily and my role in my previous job abroad but due to the way the store manager was here In England, it changed my opinion completely. The company is nice but the management dictates if your face fits and you are willing to give you life away to live - more...
There is no same two shifts at T.K.MAxx. I would never be doing the same thing all day and get to put all of my skills I have learned under the company into use at some point in a standard working day. The most enjoyable part of the job is working in the store room and placing stock in it's designated department. I have had many enjoyable interactions with both staff and customers and the ethos and culture has taught me not to be shy to interact with people personally to give them the highest standard of service.
Pros
On site facilities (kitchen, locker, toilet, hand sanitiser)
Six years of work at the same company made my career sparkling shiny but due to personal circumstances i couldn’t carry on would love to go back.that was golden memories of my life life.
I worked for this company at the Durham branch an was with them for 2 years. Loved everything about the place and the people I worked with. No 2 days are the same. Plenty of opportunities to work your way up to Management level if wanted to progress. I only worked part time and the only reason I left was I needed a fulltime job.
Pros
People. Discounted purchase. No 2 days the same.