The TJX Companies, Inc.

The TJX Companies, Inc. Employee Reviews

United Kingdom1,335 reviews

Found 1,335 reviews matching the searchSee all 5,978 reviews

Alright

It was alright but the job can be very repetitive at boring especially when you are up at midnight to six. The work colleges are alright though the culture is ok

Fast paced inclusive workplace.

Fast paced. Lots of online training. Inclusive culture. Unique Business Model which reacts to change and turns on a penny when necessary. Achievements recognised.

Insights into The TJX Companies, Inc.

What people like
  • Fair pay for job
Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Sense of belonging

Very fast-paced and target driven company

TJX Europe offers several perks for employees, including private pension fund, company discount and access to wellbeing material sources. The warehouse is quite modern and the canteen is very cosy. However, be ready that the targets set are very high (especially in certain areas) and the management will track your performance every single day.

Exercelent to work for

I love working at Tjx Walsall it's a great place to work I'm with an agency working there & hopefully I will soon get a full contact with Tjx it's a fantastic place & people to work for & with I love it there in my opinion gold star company

Pros

Flexible

Cons

Some managers are mean, they consider themselves unknown who.

You have to work fast. There is no respect for employees. It's hard to get along with some. They say something else, and they do it differently.Some managers are mean, they consider themselves unknown who.

Target driven, demanding warehouse

Fast paced warehouse environment with shifts constantly trying to outdo each other, often bending their own rules as and when they feel it's needed. Most departments have cliques that will receive favourable treatment with regards to overtime, holidays etc. than others on the same department. Progression at the company is often based on who and not what you know.

Pros

Above minimum wage, 4 day working week/36 hr contract

Cons

Midnight finishes, weekend shifts, poor management

Nice job

They pay really well . sometimes they only put one person in a large section which isn’t good as it gets extremely busy. they hours are okay and there’s a good work life social life balance in my opinion

was bad

It was pretty bad, management was poor, they didn't really really listen, contradicted themselves a lot and were selfish. i am not a very big fan of this.

Back-stabbing.

Empty place for empty people, don't waste your energy if you know your worth.Lazy middle management, any progress can be taken away because of secondment.Also, dusty and outdated work practices.

Fun workplace. Made lots of friends

Great place to work. Highest paid retail store so cant go wrong. The job was fast paced but doable. Only bad thing was rude customers but tk maxx cant control that! 10/10

Pros

Nice people good pay

Cons

Working weekends

Good płace to work

Very nice place to work, fantastic team including a management. 4 working days in a week. Overtimes offered when needed and paid double at weekend.

Pros

Paid breaks

Great place to work for

Great place to work for. Inclusion and diversity are the main things in their business culture. Competitive salary range. Good opportunity to build your career.

Pros

Good payment, open culture.

Cons

Less hours

Bad manager

The job itself is ok although it’s like working on a boot sale, the customers leave such a mess and you are constantly cleaning up after them. The manager is just awful. No support, no respect.

Pros

Not a lot

Cons

The manager

Great place to work, Good management, Friendly Staff, Low on hours

As previously stated I cannot fault the actual work conducted, If you have previous experience in retail, it is nothing out of the usual. Management are friendly and understanding. So long as you can get work done and be relied upon you can work in peace. If you need help management and team leaders are super pro-active with helping out. I love the team that I work with and could barely fault any of them. The only gripe I would have with the company (not even my team) is that hours can be low at times. They also may fluctuate week to week.

Pros

Friendly Team Good Management Work is not extremely difficult Flexible Schedule

Cons

Few hours at times Short shifts

Don’t even bother

I got a job at the tjx firm and it was one of the worse jobs I’ve ever had. The managers were useless and one in particular was just horrible for no reason. Shouted at me in front of customers because the bottles weren’t close enough to the edge of the shelf. There was no training. Accuse staff of shop lifting with no evidence. Will talk about customers through the headsets and some of the things they say are pretty vile. Had really bad mental health issues from working there and had to take a few months off work. It has affected the way I am at work. Please don’t apply. I’ve heard so much bad and not much good

Ok place to work

People you work with are good, depending on management team it is a good place to work. Will usually be fair with schedules depending on who you work for

Workplace

Staff is trash sometimes overwhelming while working with some of the staff. Some staff were great people but thats just a minority They sometimes forget about humanity and that people are not robots.Me personally don't plan on going back One of my worst experiences of being an employee.

Productive fast Paced but Valued

Worked for Tjx for 13 half years mainly in the loss Prevention department so the interview questions will be different if your applying for an Associate role.Company itself value their employees I do not have a negative commitment about this company they go from strength to strength. :)

Pros

Value Employees

Cons

Maybe late shifts

Great company to work for

Everyone there was so nice and helpful. They helped me to improve my skills and confidence. The pay and hours were good too. The management was friendly, approachable and helpful too

Pros

Great colleagues and company to work for

Would not recommend

A place where you are never appreciated and constantly being pushed to do the unachievable. Management are rude and invasive. They do not care about anything other than the units. I would avoid working here at all costs, it made me depressed.

Relaxed work place.

Interesting job easy to get used to, training is provided but I think this varies on the manager. Shift patterns could be shared more I always ended up working weekends.

Pros

Bonuses

Cons

Shift patterns

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The TJX Companies, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare The TJX Companies, Inc. with

• The TJX Companies, Inc.
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?