The TJX Companies, Inc.

The TJX Companies, Inc. Employee Reviews

Found 1,618 reviews matching the search
It’s a fun place to work with great co-workers. However not good for any full time student as it’s very demanding and not flexible. As well as this it can be extremely stressful as it’s a very busy and well loved shop
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Long stressful hours
If your face fits and you toe the line you will be fine. If you have intelligence and want recognition don't bother.Management rarely talk to you.the hardest part of the job is standing for 8hrs at a time.the best part of the day is going home and 20% once or twice a year.
To be employed my tkmaxx your face as to fit there is gossip and whispering that makes me feel uncomfortable don't wrk for tk maxx it's not a very nice company to wrk for.Get some staff are helpful and kind
Pros
Hour half
I was offered a position at TJX Europe as a customer service advisor and I was very excited. Unfortunately their management is very poor. The culture is toxic. Plus they don't pay overtime, they demand to stay longer if needed however you will not get paid at all and will not be remembered by anyone. Work life balance does not apply.
The manager is incredibly rude.You can work hours on the tills, in the changing rooms or organising the shelves trying to be positive for the customers but still be made to feel like you’re not doing a good enough job.The manager is rude, she favourites certain people and completely disregards others.Don’t waste your time working for a modern day jumble sale for minimum wage unless you want to be made to feel like your time is worth nothing.
Pros
Not a lot
Cons
The manager
During my time there, I was consistently asked to do the job of someone in a higher position, without their training or wages. I was expected, not asked, to drop whatever plans or obligations I may have to work without any notice or thanks. I was lied to about my contracted hours and had to fight to get near to what I was originally promised. Management didn't care for my physical or mental health or wellbeing. I tried repeatedly to sit and talk but they didn't want to listen. Worst place I've ever worked.
Pros
Easy to get hired
Cons
Management are awful, the pay is just over min wage with little to no overtime.
I started as an associate and it took time but travelled to other stores to help out and progressed to team leader unfortunately had to leave soon after due to unforeseen circumstances but company very helpful and supportive with this also.lots of opportunities if you are committed
Pros
Opportunities
Cons
Some long hard shifts
My team was just amazing,couldn't ask for better management. Dream team and dream place to work❤️ relaxed atmosphere, if need any help you will get it any time. Highly recommend if you can not decide.
Pros
Free snacks, drinks etc
Cons
I worked as a Christmas temp and it was honestly the best. All the staff were really kind and welcoming.I learnt a lot on the job very quickly and help was always available. Management were very understanding and were active on the shop floor rather than staying in the office. The breaks were good length and I got very good shift hours. Would 100% recommend.
Pros
Great pay, discounts, nice staff
Cons
Sometimes long shifts
I worked here for temp August 2020 to 2021 Jan. Left as was pregnant and didn't get kept on not sure why.Loved the job and people. Managers were great. Lovely staff. Understanding within anxiety and mental health. The security would always provide the goods (chocolate kit kats) when crying hah. Overall positive experience I would go back. St Stephens Hull
Pros
The people
Cons
The pay being less when temp nor being kept on if pregnant etc
Was only emplyed as temporary xmas staff. Staff really helpful..especially if you werent sure what to do. Management try to accomodate your shifts to suit you but would change them sometimes without telling you. Only find out by looking at rota. Enjoyed working here.
Pros
Managers used to put cakes in staff room
Cons
Change shift suddenly without asking
Making friends makes the shifts doable. Having colleagues that you talk to and get along with made the shifts for me. Management generally don’t listen to your feedback. Team leaders who still have the same responsibilities as you do as little as possible and then pull rank and get others to do their stuff too. Management always had a few favourites who could get away with murder ( great if that’s you but sucks for everyone else)
Pros
Hourly pay is good.
Cons
Expected to work as much as possible
I absolutely loved working within TJX. I worked in the warehouse and if it hadn't of been for our warehouse closing due to relocating and the staff becoming redundant I would definitely still be there. There was opportunity to relocate but I wasn't in the right position family wise to take advantage of this. I would go back to the company in a heartbeat, we was one big family and I miss the environment.
I worked here as Xmas seasonal staff and i can only describe it as consistent as a supermarket. Your service is not valued here . Customers that shop here want just speed as though going through the supermarket check out and have an attitude towards the staff as a though they’re lower grade. It seems the more bargain the shop the worst customers treat you. The staff were nice but your hardly got the chance to get to know them as you don’t have any time to talk to each other . Some of the management were nice and handled situations well and had a good attitude towards the team but there are also a few who think they are there to control you and make you feel as though you’re in jail. However overall it as a nice experience to work there. Wages are average and the staff discount is tight!
Pros
Shift to suite me
Cons
Hard work little staff discount
I say overall it's a great place to work he's just very fast pace and you really don't get time to talk to people much but other than that the jobs rewarding and good
Pros
Staff discounts overtime goodbye
Cons
Long hours on feet
I was working in this location as a sales assistant. The workload was manageable I have no complaints regarding the workload however, the management was very unprofessional. I have seen managers recruiting their friends and relatives and supporting them more than other employees. They do not treat people fairly and equally!. Managers speaking in their own language during trading with their friends and relatives that work there. Disrespectful towards other people!. You have team leaders always gossiping about employees between each other. Finally, I went to a senior manager not to complain but to make him aware of what is going on and how I feel about certain things that are not right, he laughed in my face and said he cannot do anything about it.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Short hours, unprofessional management, favouritism
I enjoy it a lot and my team is great. It hard at times but I have learnt many skills. Being part of a team is important to me and i prefer the work in a team.
Learnt how to be calm with customersLearnt responsibility Good breaks either 30 minutes or 1 hour Staff were extremely nice and helped me throughout the job
Pros
Staff Discount
Cons
I am 63. Yes the job can be hard and it may take a while to settle in, but it can also be fun, the people and the culture are the best I have experienced. All my colleagues have been really helpful and friendly. Love it
Pros
Everything else
Cons
Time shifts
Good culture there and based on our management we recieved a lot of support if ever needed. Can be stressful especially during a pandemic and festive times but can be fine.
Take the p*ss making temp/part time employees work 30+ hours when they have a 12 hour contract , the rota gets changed so much some days you won’t know when ur working and you’ll get yelled at for asking. The managers gossip and make fun of you, overall everything seems unorganised a monkey with half a brain cell could do their job much better. Co-workers are friendly although some can be cliquey. Don’t get me started on the fact you only get one break (1 hour) and that’s only if you’re working an 8+ Shift
Pros
Discount
Cons
Unrealistic working hours