The Watches of Switzerland Group

The Watches of Switzerland Group Employee Reviews

It is good experience especially in the Christmas period. Nice people to work with. If you are really into Jewellery and watches and want to develop this would be a good career. If you are not then you wont be there for more than a year.
Hard stresfull 3 people i know left with stress and 1 had a breakdown was so stressful no training and expect you to do the job with no training management awful
Pros
Pay is appalling for what one is expected to do. Only a good place to work if your passion is watches. For a store selling luxury goods the staff get paid less that most supermarkets! No motivation for staff. The systems aren’t the best making a simple task take a chunk from your day. Wouldn’t recommended.
Pros
Passion for watches and competitive nature - work here
Cons
Pay.
The WOS group is a fantastic company where you can learn a lot of interpersonal skills. However, the environment is a fast-paced one, sometimes stressful as well since you have to make sure that you hit all your targets.
Pros
Commission
Cons
Exhausting
You are given far too much work for one person to possibly do. When you ask for help you get ignored, then told 6 months later in your review you did a bad job even though you made them aware you needed help but never got any and tried your best with what you had/knew. Real back stabbing, aggressive, blame culture with everyone out for themselves just to survive in the job. Very underpaid given the market rates for the role and They wanted to pay me even less! Expected to come in at weekends for no extra pay to get a project finished and given strange looks for leaving on time or having a lunch break.
I recommend only if they give permanent contract, if not they will fire you with no explanation or if you are pregnant(in my case, 5 months pregnant).
Was fun work to work 10 years ago, learn a lot , but recently change of culture, too stressful and competitive. Wont recommend, only for beginners who wants to start in watch sales.
- relaxed environment with a great deal of product knowledge - team work but also an independent role - great amount of training - great benefits and support from company - shift work due to airport
Watches Of` Switzerland group was a fantastic passionate environment which allowed me to build solid sales ingenuity & watch knowledge which has helped me throughout my career so far. I can't speak highly enough of the management who personally helped me out a lot.
just wouldn't advice a love one to work there . A very stressful environment with no proper direction or training. Staff are easily dispensable and treated like a number
ensuring all stock is well presented and in correct position. engaging and empathizing with the customers, providing a world class experience for them at all times. product repairs to be processed providing attention to detail and correct costings adhered. the most enjoyable is undoubtedly dealing with insurance customers, as great empathy has to be shown in acquiring the most satisfactory result in their claims. always assisting newer staff members when required.
Pros
bonus applied upon surpassing sales targets
Cons
due to work place environment, store closure only one day per year. However, this store has now closed.
Very Enjoyable working environment. Collaborative approach to working with pleasant colleagues. They go the extra mile to make you feel part of the team at this company. Salary is the only slight negative if I am being harsh but if that is not your main priority this really is a fantastic business to work for. Recommended.
Been there for 4, years. I recommend. Nice people. Nice place for work. A lot of overtime hours in peak time. I'm really thankful for the experience I learned there.
This is a great place to work, the team is very friendly and welcoming. I think you get as much as you are willing to give, and hard work is often rewarded.
putting stock in and out of the windows working to kpis making sure the shop floor looks clean and tidy . dealing with high end customers and report building . most enjoyable part of the job was wearing a suit and being clean and tidy and looking g professional .
Pros
lunch paid for discount on high end jewellery
Cons
long hours, dealing with difficult customers
Great company, great products, great environments. Support for management is lacking but support for the sales teams is high. If management was supported better then it would be the ideal work place.
As a company the staff are not valued and everyone is just a number in a short period of time I witnessed 14 of my colleagues leave due to the female manager which I felt as a company it should of been investigated other stores and people at Head Office knew that there was a high staff turnover under her management. The manager also dishonestly put on the payroll that she had worked when she had not.
Pros
Great customers
Cons
Unprofessional manager
All staff were supportive. friendly work environment. Learnt lots about watches. I enjoyed meeting the customers talking about the watches and selling the same.
currently working in a flagship store selling 32 different luxury brand, it is a very good place to learn about the most important watch brands, sometimes there are to much tasks to do
Pros
best place to learn about the most important brands
Cons
salary
I remember the great days of Mappin & Webb. This was of course before the days of Goldsmiths taking over. It is now only interested in money. Client care is no more.
Pros
Once great
Cons
Bad management
Expanding your own client portfolio learning different watches, brands and history Meeting sales targets Exceeding sales targets Networking to increase sales