The Westgrove Group

The Westgrove Group Employee Reviews

Not a good place to work not enough staff due to them trying to save money. Pay is monthly two weeks in arrears so when you start it can be six weeks before you get paid. Equipment is old and worn out long hours and you are expected to work extra shifts at short notice. No overtime rates . Best avoided if you can.
Pros
None.
Cons
Lots
Various jobs to keep you busy the management are friendly relaxed environmentthe hardest part of the job is on your feet allday mobile and have to work out in all weather's.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Short hours
I started as a security officer worked my way to Dual Services Manager. They threw me straight into the deep end. Very slow in process. They expected me to know the job without training in the role which itself had responsibilities. I barely had support to cover site. Unfortunately, after moving from a security officer to managing site I had a sudden death in family. Due to funeral they were more concerned me getting back into work than helping me coping with my mother passing away. Then found a laim accuse to get rid of me.
Pros
Structure in place but not obtained my office team and management. Barely a Pros.
Cons
To much gossiping and barely support provided.
I really enjoy working for Westgrove Group. I had a great time and a great salary. My job was very demanding but also had fantastic rewards. My only deep quibble is HR with this company. I had to deal with them frequently to sort payroll queries. At the same time I'm very grateful they always resolved issues quickly.
It is by far one of the worst companies I have ever worked for,, unfulfilled promises, very high staff turnaround, and the last straw for me was when my hours were wrong by almost half,
Unfortunately I ignored the reviews and got a job here. You're Expendable, your pay will be wrong majority of the time, the second you don't fancy the forced overtime, bam disciplinary, if you're under 2 years unfortunately they will just get rid of you. If you get an interview expect a job offer on the same day as they're that desperate The centre management if you end up at the The Lexicon are no better, if they don't like you your time is limited
Pros
Majority of the team are nice guys
Cons
Centre management, pay, working hours, the list is endless
Worked for Westgrove Security at a Business park outside Warrington for over 10 months and I’ve never seen so much bullying in my life. If your face doesn’t fit in you will be bullied badly by the management and treated like a dog poo. The job advertising is false. In the last 12 months 9 security officers have left this site at the Business park
Pros
Pay on time
Cons
Don't listen to staff just don't have a clue bad manegment not willing to talk to there staff you don't see management was 2 pead over worst thing that ever happened
Shocking place to work. Managment treat like rubbish and constantly give out investigations and disciplinaries for no reason at all. expected to come in to work on days off. Management lack people skills and constantly threatens staff. "If you dont like it then go" Kind of attitude
Reading reviews on here thought it was a different company. Office cleaning in the evening was good nice colleagues and fine conditions. Offered more hours during the day cleaning toilets which I enjoy. Always paid on time.
This is the worst company ever take my advise n go Rob a bank or work in the worst imaginable place before you even think of working for these cowboys
Stay away from westgrove at all costs.they love nothing better than throwing investigations and disciplinaries about and will stitch you up for anything.the management are useless and bullies.i have worked for six security companies and these are by far the worst
This company will do nothing but try and discipline you. The management are all bullies and are out there to tear you apart, they can't even provide uniform never mind a contract and the rotas you get on a day to day basis if your lucky. I worked for this company previously and I thought they may have changed but they just get worse. Worse time of my life working for these idiots.
Avoid this site and this company at all cost!!! They are a little fish in a big pond that haven’t the 1st idea in providing a service and a standard! Have guards without either licence performing roles! The Manager on this site is completely and utterly out of her depth and stabs you in the back the 1st chance she gets!! All the staff above supervisors are corrupt!!! Give or take a few managers!!!
Pros
Hometime!!
Cons
Staff treated like dirt not allowed a social life expected to come in to work when told to even on days off manager lacks people skills and constantly threatens staff, favours certain staff members over others especially the ones that spy on other staff certain members of staff extremely lazy but manager turns a blind eye felt like I was working in a playground lot of backstabbing
Pros
Good salary
Cons
No social life
Absolutely avoid this company at Gloucester Quays! the Supervisors and management treat you and talk to you as if they have stepped in something! No wonder they lose so many people and cannot recruit! the pay was ok, the hours were...whatever the company could bully you into working!..the Glos quays managers treated you as their personal labourers!, empty this, unload that, plus you WILL walk at least 20 miles a shift in all weathers, no proper breaks, no back up.
WORST COMPANY EVER!!!! As soon as you join you want to come out of it. I can definitely say it's the most dumbest company ever. I started in July and I had only been working literally 5 days before all the issues started. I went for my interview for area supervisor I got the job and the job was advertised for £10.50per hour which was a lie they told me sorry but you would be getting £9.50per hour I said that’s fine I didn’t mind getting £9.50per hour. I was promised a company vehicle BUT THEY LIED!!!! When I pulled the business manager he had told me the add was wrong so why would they be advertising faulse information ?? Basically they was expecting me to use my own vehicle to travel many many miles after they had promised me a company vehicle and also I had told them on many occasions I only want to be placed in Birmingham or around the West Midlands but this was not the case they placed me in Cambridge and Telford and even tried to put me in Evesham and Warwick. They even expected me to pay for car park at the shopping centre where they wanted me to work. They never listen to employees and they hire people and promise them everything but actually they don’t give a dam for the staff. So because I was sticking up for myself and had many many years experience in the security industry I have even been a manager and supervisor for previous companies I know the rules and regulations and they was trying to treat me like I didn’t know a thing about anything but they was wrong because in a meeting they had organised for me they couldn’t tell me anything because I had the knowledge - more...
I worked in Nailsea for this disgrace of a company. All was okay until they took over. Very poor management, no back up if you needed it try to speak to a manager and they might get back to you in a couple of days, not interested in helping you only themselves. It will be a big mistake to work for this company, forget it. The only plus side was the cleaning colleagues and the public.
Pros
colleagues and the public
Cons
very very poor management
They have got to be the worst company i ever had the misfurtune of being tuped over to. The management are a farce. If you can ever get hold of any of them, they let the muppets in charge of the site bully staff out. No complaints are acted on, everything is just swept under the carpet, they allow unlicensed guards to operate on site. This excuse for a company should be shut down. Avoid them at all cost
Pros
Non
Cons
Everything about them and the way they operate
please please, take note, don't even look at the add, walk on by. it should be called the bullying group, no staff to back you up, they always pick on the little people on the floor, you do the work, upstairs get all the praise, power has gone to newcomers heads.
Pros
wages, on time
Cons
you will find out....
Terrible to work for, terrible to have as a contractor. Very bullying nature, will always blame staff on site rather than take owenership of their failings. Do not work for them, don't have them as a contractor. Terrible company!