The White Company

The White Company Employee Reviews

Work in the White Company is in the modern warehouse, easy to apply this work.Some problems with shift managements( missing packing equipment). Problems manage pickers job.
Pros
Free coffee, tea, wifi
Cons
management problems
It all went downhill as soon as I entered the building... Nobody are helpful to you at all. The warehouse is freezing and so untidy. There are so many mistakes being made That you would have to sort out as informed by trainer I honestly thought it was a sweatshop in disguise as a warehouse...I had to get out of there there was no proper training at all just a worker who tells you what to do who didn't even behave like they wanted to be there. Hazards everywhere and tight working space. Terrible
Pros
Shift end can wear hoodie
Cons
Poor training, dirty environment
I started just 2 days ago and wow i am shocked at how much they appreciate their staff!! I’ve not had the best start due to personal reasons but the management have made sure i am comfortable and happy. I am actually enjoying the work i do and can’t wait to have more confidence and knowledge.
Pros
Team, and hours
Cons
short breaks
Absolutely HORRENDOUS place to work!!! The training on the systems is minimal. The management can’t be bothered. The staff are cliquey. The job itself is extremely stressful and demanding and team leaders do nothing to offer support and encouragement. It’s such a shame as the products are amazing and the office itself is beautiful!
Pros
Discounted goods
Cons
Very intense work place, you have to learn everything fairly quickly as they expect top knowledge about the merchandise. Manager was extremely rude and micromanage everyone but hardly got stuck into work.
Pros
Decent enough pay
Cons
Not worth the Money
I was pregnant. They didn't give me a risk assessment. I was working in departments where men were working as well. Heavy lifting. When i asked to be moved in a department where was no hard lifting they told me to go home, they have plenty workers. No extra breaks, not allowed to sit for 1min. Rude attitude. I would write some "nice" words about them but not allowed to.
Pros
Cons
You may lose pregnancy while working there
The management has their "favourites" and "not really favourites". Only sycophants would get promoted. The pay rate for a sales assistant is a minimum wage. HOWEVER, favourite ones would get more pay AND a promotion. Really hostile atmosphere between the Management. But I did like working with the "ordinary" staff. All were amazing people!
Pros
50% staff discount once trial period is over
Cons
As above
dont get me wrong, seems good on the outside, once your in, all they do is pressure you to do something you are not trained to do - minimal call training and the type of people you have to deal with is just insane - expect the world from you and then shout because you are unable to do it - once you are "trained" there is little or no supportafter.
I worked here a while ago and it’s only come to me now how bad they were! Management was rude and most of the day I was standing around doing absolutely nothing. I got told how to stand and not to say certain words to guests like “okay” and “alright” as it was implied as rude? Everything someone else done wrong was somehow your fault. Oh and they don’t recycle either, at least when I was there anyways. Stupid hours and management are rude.
Cons
I really enjoyed my role as a Merchandising Admin Assistant and my team was great. The downsides to the role was how demanding the role could be, at times you would have to come in early and stay late to get things done. The company culture is brilliant and everyone is so friendly but in terms of progression, it can be quite difficult.
Pros
Working culture
Cons
Working trought the agency is not the most stable thing, but when you getting full-time you have really nice paid job with good conditions. In my opinion the best Warehouse in Northampton.
was really nice the workers was really nice. I feel like I didn't get enough trained. and sometimes felt abit lost. the pay is very good just wanted more hours
I loved working at the white company, when I move down to Cambridge it was the most disorganised work place, Management kept changing rules to fit them and just unprofessional in work times I think this place will do so well with the new management starting and hopefully give all staff a fresh start. Above all that I loved working for the white company and have enjoyed my 3 years with the company.
Pros
People and customers and discount
A fast paced environment working with individuals who have been with the company for many years. Experienced positive leadership and a pleasant team environment.
Overall my experience is good. Got a lot to learn. Management is fairly cooperative. The most enjoyable part of the job is to get positive/ successful customer service feedback.
They keep me on my toes and ensure everything is done. The importance of customers and handling deliveries was a great experience for me. Would recommend anyone who would want to work here. Getting to know and meet the colleagues based on teamwork and communication. Very friendly towards anyone in a respected manner and keeping things professional as much as keeping the customer happy. Also having great time communicating to the team and having a group page to keep the store as successful as possible to reach the goals within the company. I like working here.
Loved every minute working here. All the staff treat you perfectly always there to help you when you are in need. The Manager was great always helped me when i needed help with the job.
The White Company is a great place to start if you would like a career in retail management - it is highly regarded by a lot of other employers. The positives were: competitive pay, discount allowance and holiday allowance. The negatives were: lack of hours to run business effectively, poorly managed operations, and the disconnect between senior managers/head office and store management. I would recommend working here if you would like to get retail management experience. I would not recommend working here if you struggle to cope with stress or would like a good work life balance.
I love working for The White Company, I feel very privileged to enjoy coming into work each day. With a Lovely team, and targets each day drive you to do your best!
I really enjoyed working with The White Company, because there is a friendly and calm environment. I like the products they sell and the managerial attitude towards the employees.
  1. Employee reviews