The Wolseley Hospitality Group

The Wolseley Hospitality Group: 26 Employee Reviews

United Kingdom26 reviews

Good pay and nice managers

For someone who wants to work in hospitality, this is a great job. Tasks very clear, always get support, 3 days of training provided which made everything easy. It is a very busy environment but as I said, you always have support!

Pros

Great management

Cons

Uniform but that could be a plus aswell, depending on person

Official response from The Wolseley Hospitality Group

7 December 2021
Thank you for taking time to leave this review and for the feedback on the uniform, which we'll continue to review. We're pleased it's been/or is still a rewarding experience for you.

Every day was great in there !

Owners are very nice especially Jeremy King ,loads of high class people that you meet daily ,loved every minute in there.It is like a stage where you have to play your part daily ...it's a show ,an excellent opportunity to gain experience alongside ...but also you have to be a very good one to last in there !!!

Pros

Good salary

Cons

Double shifts at least 3 times per week

Insights into The Wolseley Hospitality Group

What people like
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Fair pay for job
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to meet personal goals

Exigentes

Es un trabajo bajo mucha presión y con una estructura muy repetitivo. En general es un buen sitio para trabajar. Puede que sean algo déspotas con sus empleados

I learned a huge amount and was developed well.

I worked for this company for a long time, and started in a junior role and was developed into a senior one. Support was there from the start with good training and development, and mostly supportive managers.Colleagues and trainers were amazing for me at the start, really helping me progress and learn. Shift work and hours were hard and long, but the rewards were comparable to the best in this tough industry. The ethos of the two founding owners is amazing, and they are present and involved in the business which is superb, however some managers and supervisors know how to talk the talk, but not actually execute the owners vision. This was one of only a few disappointments at Corbin & King.

Pros

Reputation of company is really good, even internationally, and they pride themselves on being fair to their employees.

Cons

Long hard hours, with little flexibility to change shifts if Customer-facing or in the Kitchens or Back of House.

Very professional company

A good company a lot of benefits, and also a lot of training. I recommend it to everyone who is looking for a stable job and wants to develop. Thanks

Pros

Lot of benefits

Cons

Good hours

Very good company

Corbin and King is a wonderful company they look after their staff very well, is a lot of respect and professionalism all over the company and I always recommend that company to people who are interested to develop their skills and grow in the industry as the provide very high standard training to the employees

Good

Very good company and they are taking care of there employees .they are far and they will always help other people with there problems and difficulties.

Pros

On of the best places to work

Working for Corbin&King has been a great experience. Good company culture, Strong HR, good pay. After some time working for them I took them for granted and got used to good pay and other benefits they provide. Once left, and experienced working for other companies, I realized that Corbin&King is by far the best company to work for in the hospitality industry.

Official response from The Wolseley Hospitality Group

25 March 2020
Thank you very much for taking time to review Corbin & King, we're really pleased that you enjoyed your time with us and hopefully we'll have the opportunity to work with each other again in the future.

busy place, but staff work as teame

Nice and good company, a very busy place, but people work as a team this makes work easier

Perfect

Perfect French Brasserie with live music, where you can find a perfect restaurant with a very good service and food quality where you feel a presence of Paris

hard work that is paid accordingly

You have to work hard there but if management sees you doing well, then you accordingly can be paid. Also plenty of space to progress as well as training provided.

Diverse and familial environment

Please see CV Typical assignments associated with CEO assistancy activities. Also included were some projects outlined also in CV. Wonderful leadership team who inspire down and for others to contribute in development of ideas and culture / creation in both office, restaurant floor and concepts.

Ambiente lavorativo professionale e lussuoso. Lenta crescita dal punto di vista della carriera.

Alto numero di clienti a livello giornaliero ma allo stesso tempo ambiente lavorativo professionale cercando una soddisfazione completa dal punto di vista dell'avventore.

Pros

Buona retribuzione, clientela VIP, corsi di formazione.

Cons

Lunghe ore lavorative

Affascinante

Location di lavoro bellissima. Saluti ottimo è bellissimo team

Great hidden gem

Is a good place to work. As it is in the center of Piccadilly Circus it is always busy. Whether you are in the cage or the restaurant or the cocktail bar. If you would like to learn new skills everyday Zedel is a great place to do that.

Pros

Free Lunches

Cons

Long Hours

autocratic culture

high demanding autocratic management, high pressure environment, only for very hard working individuals. training is mediocre, the company is in need of a talent planning strategy since they're often short staffed. employees' voice is not often heard or considered.

Pros

fair salaries

Cons

long hours, high pressure, military style culture

Good Company to work for

Every day is a new learning and its fun place with relaxed environment Meeting the strict deadlines specially for month end was one of the thing which is a bit tough but apart from that good place to work at

Pros

free lunch relaxed environment

fun place to work

Depending on what shift I am on, can be quite intense but the management are always on hand to help. staff are all friendly and makes it an interesting place to work.

Pros

management

Cons

long hours due to standby shifts.

diversity place to work and good place for learning

we started to prepare all the cakes for restaurant then start me sen plus and get ready for lunch service.after lunch service we do ordering and make more mies un plus ,check the stock and what we need to order for the next day. The environment is so friendly and we have a diversity all around the company . the disciplinary and professional attitudes is demanding and each staff should make sure to follow regulations. The most excitement of job is when you should use your creativity and make a new dish .

Pros

free lunches, disscount in dining

Cons

long hours and working weekend

working at C&K

working at C&K is a pleasure, the work life balance and the people are great. they really take care of you and the amount of training and development that is on offer to any level of staff is second to none. i have grown as a chef the most at C&K. i started as a CDP and was mentored to grown and reach the level of Senior Sous Chef. it also amazes me how often you see the owners Chris and Jeremy around all the business. they often take the time and get to know everyone and they never forget a name or face, really makes you feel like you belong to the team

Pros

endless support and development

Exemplary run company that run 6 restaurant and an hotel. I worked there for nearly 6 years and I was happy throughout. It is a very busy environment, but fun to work for.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Wolseley Hospitality Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement