thebigword logo
thebigword

thebigword Employee Reviews for Project Administrator

Work-life balance

Everyday work.

A typical day working at Thebigword, would involve completing various menial administration task for management throughout various teams In the Translation department of the company. I sent emails and made phone calls to clients and to freelance translators and various other tasks that are very company specific. Fun work place with supportive management. I also trained new members of staff on all the software the company uses and all the different types of projects that they would encounter within the role.

Pros

Free Lunches

Cons

In the middle of a warehouse estate, was a little woring walking to my bus stop 30 mins away.

Apprentice Project Administrator

It was a very intresting job that kept you on your toes and kept you thinking and learning new ways to do work and different areas of the company.

Cons

Long Hours, Long travel

Dynamic work place

As part of my role at thebigword I used to receive project requests from clients regarding translation jobs for specific languages. While my fellow colleague analysed the source files received from client to check the number of words and the specialism required for each job then I had to find a supplier if not available in house. I had to make sure the translation quality was up to the mark and delivered in time to client. As meeting the deadline as well as quality of each project was crucial part of my role.Management was always helpful where I needed any assistance. I enjoyed my work due to it's diverse nature. Meeting the client's deadline was a bit tricky part of my job that I achieved throughout my job period at thebigword which was reflected in weekly based KPI.

Pros

diverse nature of work

Cons

i had to stay longer at work than usual hours sometimes

Productive and organised workplace

Completing a wide range tasks for the project managers and coordinators, all computer based. Working for many clients including Google, Harley Davidson, Electrolux, Manchester United and many more. I learnt many skills including managing my time better, being more efficient in my work, becoming more useful on a computer and being able to talk to clients more confidently and in the correct manner over the phone or in person. Hardest part of the job was when I got dedicated to a certain team (IBM) and was in charge of all their activities to be completed by the deadlines set, was very demanding and need a lot of concentration and hard work but it all got done and to a high standard.My most enjoyable part of the job was simply just getting on with all the members of the teams, and completing activities and getting good feedback as it motivated me more.

Pros

free lunch

Cons

sat down all day at a desk

Ask a question about working or interviewing at thebigword. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7Job security/advancement