thebigword

thebigword Management reviews

Management is the worst...they are fake ans show favoritism. HR is even worst...they do not really care about the employees. I had to get a therapist in order to cop.
The company is great to work for in many number of ways, but the downside to working there is that the management will pass their own errors and faults on to you.
Pros
Relaxed enviroment
Cons
No real training provided
Avoid at all costs. Worst company to work for that I’ve experienced. Their are better jobs out this so don’t even bother working for thebigword. Very poor company.
Cons
The company is great as an opportunity to start your career. The environment is open, supportive, and easy-going. Teams usually are marvellous and everyone shares skills and experiences. The management is not so great, making the organisation an excellent stepping stone in your career, but not a place you stay at long-term, as evidenced by the legendary levels of churn.
Pros
Great opportunity, great challenge
Cons
exponentially growing expectations with little to no wage progression
You will meet and work with some fantastic people. This is by far the best part of the job. Salary is poor as is management. Good start out company for young workers.
Pros
people
Cons
salary
A typical day working at Thebigword, would involve completing various menial administration task for management throughout various teams In the Translation department of the company. I sent emails and made phone calls to clients and to freelance translators and various other tasks that are very company specific. Fun work place with supportive management. I also trained new members of staff on all the software the company uses and all the different types of projects that they would encounter within the role.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
In the middle of a warehouse estate, was a little woring walking to my bus stop 30 mins away.
A typical day at work Helping the Scrum and Kanban teams, removing blockers, educating people, discussions with management regarding Agile Scaling and organisational change, assisting Product Owners write user stories, facilitation of viability and feasibility workshops with PO or senior management. What I learned How to implement and scale Agile globally despite resistance Management Supportive, knowledgeable management in tech devision Hardest part of the job Managing conflict and resistance to Agile implementation and changes Most enjoyable part of the job Education the teams to create high performing teams Watching the teams learn and encouraging them on a daily basis to challenge themselves Seeing others becoming passionate about Agile as a result of my mentoring Teaching the teams valuable skills Successful releases
Pros
Great people that are intelligent and funny
Cons
As part of my role at thebigword I used to receive project requests from clients regarding translation jobs for specific languages. While my fellow colleague analysed the source files received from client to check the number of words and the specialism required for each job then I had to find a supplier if not available in house. I had to make sure the translation quality was up to the mark and delivered in time to client. As meeting the deadline as well as quality of each project was crucial part of my role.Management was always helpful where I needed any assistance. I enjoyed my work due to it's diverse nature. Meeting the client's deadline was a bit tricky part of my job that I achieved throughout my job period at thebigword which was reflected in weekly based KPI.
Pros
diverse nature of work
Cons
i had to stay longer at work than usual hours sometimes
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at thebigword?