thebigword

thebigword Work-life balance reviews

Good work-life balance and salary, but minimal job security with virtually no career progress
Pros
Paid travel, flexible work
Cons
Not enough hours, some bookings only guaranteed 1 hour pay with their booked duration being longer, progress is
Amazing company to work for but pay Was not great, I believe it has increased since I’ve left the company. Apart from that no complaints with the company.
Good for beginners, a lot to learn from them. Good like minded people, Knowledge share, good team members, personality development , talent acquisition.
Pros
lots of workshops
The company is great as an opportunity to start your career. The environment is open, supportive, and easy-going. Teams usually are marvellous and everyone shares skills and experiences. The management is not so great, making the organisation an excellent stepping stone in your career, but not a place you stay at long-term, as evidenced by the legendary levels of churn.
Pros
Great opportunity, great challenge
Cons
exponentially growing expectations with little to no wage progression
Working at the bigword is good if you need call centre experience, it is a repetitive job and the only challenge you face is trying to get a booking sorted that comes on the day for a court that needs a linguist to attend asap There is no career progression and the salary is too less compared to the amount of work you put in to the business They accept people from different backgrounds but at times you will feel there is favouritism amongst managers There is nothing difficult about the job and the fun aspect is the few colleagues that make the work life enjoyable
Pros
Cons
Less pay
You will meet and work with some fantastic people. This is by far the best part of the job. Salary is poor as is management. Good start out company for young workers.
Pros
people
Cons
salary
good working environment. it was my first job and i enjoyed it really much great learning opportunities. Love the quick and challenge turn around of the work
I have learnt about various Adobe programmes which I believe will help me to advance in my aspiration to become a website designer. The company is a fun place to work however there isn't much chance to progress within the department I work in.
Not recommended - good place to learn about the translation industry but bad working conditions and company ethos.
It was a very intresting job that kept you on your toes and kept you thinking and learning new ways to do work and different areas of the company.
Cons
Long Hours, Long travel