Thermo Fisher Scientific

Clear
3.4Pay & benefits

Found 80 reviews matching the searchSee all 4,124 reviews
thermofisherfisherscientificprogressionrolesitecolleaguetarget

They give you the job but don't give you the tools to do it

I wasn't with Thermo for long before things started to go wrong; people expecting me to already know things that only come with years of experience. The training is non-existent for some, mediocre for others. And once you fall behind, there is no catching up. Other than that, the people were lovely to work with and the site is beautiful.

Pros

Good salary, nice work environment

Cons

No support, little training

Management need to have a hard look at themselves

I enjoy parts of my job but workplace politics and unrelenting pressure have made the place unbearable at times. A lot of people of sick with stress/anxiety and seemingly little curiosity from management as to why. Very unhappy and unstable work environment with lots of employees talking about chucking their jobs. Management communication, or lack of, some of the worst I've ever experienced. A lot of talk of safety and quality but the rules are often broken by management just to ensure maximum output. Very little care and understanding expressed towards operators who are struggling. A lot of talk of this but the reality is quite different.

Pros

Benefits, gym on site

Cons

Poor management, long hours, working conditions, shift work

Insights into Thermo Fisher Scientific

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Energising work tasks
  • Trust in colleagues

Salary is great

The salary for the work is great! It is definitely one of the highest. Very much a face fitting company. Families seem to be the norm; Everyone has a sibling/cousin working there. Advancement is promised however yet to see any.

expanding business with good prospects

good place to work with a quality mindset, GMP manufacturing cleanrooms offer a variety of job types. A good bonus scheme and a competitive incentive package.

Pros

good bonus scheme

Cons

long hours in production

Terrible place to work

Stupidly long hours expected, the salary doesn’t match the amount of long weekends you’re expected to work and the management constantly expect more than you should be expected to give

Pros

£5 vouchers

Cons

Long hours, no life

Clicky place to work

I felt they were not welcoming. Uncomfortable atmosphere. Did not enjoy working there. Very pressurised. Expected more than you could achieve in the hours worked

Pros

Pension scheme

Cons

Very Taxing place to work

Fast paced at times but very productive and relaxed environment to work

I enjoyed working with Thermo Fisher Scientific. I cannot rate the interview process at all, or the pay fairly. I didn't have an interview firstly. Secondly, I was paid more than people employed by Thermo as I was employed by an agency. I found out whilst there from colleagues, that infact my pay was actually higher than theirs.

Pros

Benefits when you hit targets ect where not bad.

Cons

Pay wasn't that great at the time it may be it is higher now.

poor management, cool environment

The work environment is quite good, experienced colleagues are helpful but unfortunately I can't say the same for the management. Salaries on the lower side.

Pros

work environment, lunch, side benefits

Cons

management, salary

ok to work

if your not looking for job security then this is the place. If you get employed by them and not an agency then great benefits and big bonuses but if agency treated badly

Pros

good wage and bonus

Cons

no progression no job security

It’s a good environment. All the staff are friendly. Good place to work for promotions, the benefits and bonuses are good. Wages are decent, can’t complain

Going down hill fast

Started ok but now more interest on production over safety quick turn over of agency staff and you can expect to be on agency for at least 6 months even though they say it will be 3 months. Wages just above minimum wage and over time is necessary for decent living..would not recommend and ive been there 3 and a half years but looking for better paid job.

Terrible place to work in swindon

When I joined I been promised many things including pay rise and promotion after 1 years but didn’t get any . Company is managed very poorly they don’t know you exist until you complain or failed to meet your deadlines. You have to work long hours for same pay I won’t recommend this place if you want balance life between family and work . Shifts are 24/7

Pros

Free coffee

Cons

Long hour . Same pay

Not very positive

- each day is a big question mark- learned operate high-quality machines- management ? buhaha "friends and family"- mock high culture- the hardest part of the job is to create a collaboration between management and production- typical corporation, people are numbers and propaganda creates its own world

Pros

money and benefits

Cons

management and disinformation

Overworked. Understaffed.

Pros: -Job security-Benefits -friendly colleagues Cons:-Not enough bodies to keep up with the constant workload, end up physical drained and stressed.-No enough room in the warehouse for pallets and boxes to be stored and not enough workspace.- Struggle to get cover for breaks. -Poor Training-No communication between departments.

Productive and great people

Great place to work, easy to get a long with colleagues, good work to life balance. Salary is fair for the work you do and overtime is available. They treat you fairly and often treat the staff.

Good, if you are lucky.

A good place to make some money (especially nightshift), but you could get redundant any time, also, climbing up is very hard, because they are close to each other in some way (family, friends, neighbours).

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Bad management Unreliable shifts

repetitive work but good people and overall good place

I met a lot of good folk working here, you can be long periods on your feet and doing the same thing over and over but chatting away to work friends helps pass the time. Good structure with breaks and nice management, can be stressful if you are short on people but overall would say fairly relaxed work environment. Shame about the redundancies and staff cuts otherwise I would probably still be working there. Although I have to say some people taking advantage with breaks and going on as many cigarette breaks as they wanted every day, seemingly getting away with it, annoyed me a lot during my time there.

Management let the company down

A good place to work with some great people unfortunately many of the managers are poor with lack of knowledge or empathy. It is run by the wrong people, who should not be in the position they are which makes the place quite toxic. Very much a blame culture when things go wrong and no praise when things go well.

Pros

Great people

Cons

Bad management

It's been fun

Sadly my job is drying up thanks to a change in covid testing policy, but my time working there has been brilliant, my manager is actually helpful, there is regular communication with staff a d the pay has been very decent.

Pros

Good wages, excellent comms, good work life balance.

Cons

Long days with only a single break

Good place to work but ...

12 hour shifts are challenging . The rate of pay isn't enough its advertised on weekend over £18 a hour but you have to do overtime for it to be authorised. Don't feel like could progress In company Ask about holidays allways gets delayed in being sorted out

Pros

Canteen on premises

Cons

Canteen closed on weekends Hourly pay isn't enough

Fast paced and fair company

Worked here for a year now. Good management and well led. One of the best in the network. Treat people fairly though long term employees change resistant.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Thermo Fisher Scientific. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement