Thermo Fisher Scientific

Clear
3.5Pay & benefits

Found 56 reviews matching the searchSee all 3,575 reviews

Good pay a

As a company overall they are okay to work for, there's few opportunities to progress. The money is good for the hours and jobs you have to do also there are regular bonuses and pay rises

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Little support from management

n/a

Azienda concentrata sul benessere del lavoratore, stipendio molto basso rispetto alla mansione

Great place to work for

I worked there as a temp. Loved the people, work can be monotonous, didn't get the training and advancement I was hoping for due to my manager. Good money when overtime is offered. Fabulous holidays increased by the overtime you can accumulate. Worked there for 9 months.

Pros

The people, overtime

Cons

Bad management, but probably down to inexperience, as other managers seemed more qualified.

Packing tubes into a box and sweeping floors

Great bunch of guys and girls managers help you when they can and the job is so easy a monkey can do it the job is monotonous but the pay makes up for it

Pros

Great pay

Cons

They paid me off after saying I had job security for approx 3 years minimum

Badly run,management not caring of people

Promised a permanent position and in a secure global company, 7 months later wanted 90% of us made redundant, basically used then discarded..work in boring and repetitive, no chance of advancement, all about totals ,short breaks,long shifts.

Pros

Cons

Long hours, boring work

Don’t be fooled by the name

Whilst I am grateful for the opportunity to work for Thermo Fisher Scientific, in my 20 years working at the Dartford site I learned a lot of things. Early on in my career it was good. I had good job satisfaction but that quickly faded; after that it was all bad. They may be a world leader in serving science but that doesn’t mean you’ll be appreciated or rewarded for what you do; quite the opposite in fact. Managers form a clique and promote their pals over those more deserving. Others will only progress if they pucker up to the starfish. Common sense and flexibility are in short supply. Managers are quick to single out individuals or groups that threaten to break the mould. As sad as it may be they are bullies and they are in cahoots. The workers - managers excluded - are phenomenal, a true pleasure to work with and to manage. Salaries are around 60% of the industry standard. Luckily the post-Covid job market is booming in this sector. Don’t be fooled - give this place a hard swerve.

Pros

Decent benefits package, great people, focused CEO.

Cons

Very poor base salaries, bullying senior managers.

Fun workplace

Loved my job. Loved my coworkers . 30 percent pay enhancement on monthly wage which was brilliant . Great management team. A monthly bonus paid if targets are reached.

Pros

Paid brakes

Cons

12 hour shifts

OK if your face fits

brilliant place if you are permanent, not so good for the temps, they say you all get treat the same but temps dont get half what the permanents do. management just make it up as they go along.Work itself isn't hard and can be very enjoyable, great people there. difficult to progress unless your face fits.They only care about attendance, you can make as many mistakes as long as you turn up and they will keep you over a worker who is better or faster if they have worse attendance.

Pros

Free amazon vouchers and other gifts sometimes, good overtime rates

Cons

management are incompetent/don't care, hard to get holidays

Supportless

The lack of training is astounding and support is not great although the majority of the people there are great You are expected to know things a person new to the company could not possibly know

Pros

Good salary benefits

Cons

Lack or training and management support

It was great working in this large company with lovely peoples around.

It was great honour to working in this large company with around lovely peoples and good facilities and good salary comparing with others places, missing those things.

Pros

We used to get some times free food and free fruit day.

Cons

I’ve work 12 hrs shift to 8hrs shift both shift was ok for me.

Terrible management

Job itself is extremely enjoyable however it is spoilt by terrible management who would rather sit in the office than help any staff. Production manger does not leave the office and would rather find things wrong than praise anyone unless they are in his little 'group' then you can also do nothing and get away with it. Until management changes avoid!

Pros

Staff nice

Cons

Terrible management

Process Operator

Good environment in terms of facilities to work, 2 x 15 minutes tea breaks and 45 minute lunch, some perks from time to time.Chaotic place to work with chronic staff shortages in the processing/packing department. Some of the managers are snobs, they do not acknowledge people: e. g. with a polite good morning!Age discrimination in terms of professional development is off the scale: e.g. very well qualified workers in the Processing/Manufacture Department with professional experience even in the company, continue to be ignored for technical jobs and are stuck in processing/manufacture, while they take people without any formal life science qualifications to learn technical jobs. It helps if you are good looking and young and do a bit of shoe polishing of the right people!Despite a small facility in terms of numbers of people, there is the ignore-you culture at work. If you lucky you might get a smile or a good morning from some people there including managers! High staff turnover as they prefer young people to do the technical jobs, as soon as they get enough experience they go to work for competitors!

Pros

Excellent facilities

Cons

Age discrimination, chronic staff shortages, strange schedules you work alternative 5 days one week followed by 2 days. Poor salary

Dropped like a bag of spuds

Nice enough people but very in house. Jump through hoops to be told ‘No not good enough’. Everyone related in some way or another. Like something out of the hillbillies. Drop you when they think someone else has a weak personality or keeps mouth shut. Very subservient culture.

Pros

Good hours

Cons

Paid 36 hours but still expect 37.5 hours work!

Great place to work - one of the best jobs I have had.

Came to this company thinking it will be for a year Max until I get something better... actually turned out to be the best job I have ever had. I had great management and support, immediate team and wider team were so supportive and really friendly. Working as a young female in a predominantly older male dominated role, I was quite shocked at how little I felt out of place. Supportive manager, although not all managers were supportive... but they were all incredibly friendly and so was site director. They do expect you to be self initiating work but they will guide you in the right direction if you need support. I have had multiple job offers since I worked here and turned many down. Lastly, I think it depends on your personal manager but mines was great as was my team!

Pros

Great supportive atmosphere, great manager and good benefits.

Cons

Sometimes over worked... but if you like the job you don’t mind.

Very professional and modern

Excellent company to work for, cannot speak highly enough of them. Staff benefits are excellent, real opportunity for progression, fantastic on site facilities.

If you are not among the long serving staff you’ll find very hard to be accepted

No training but expect you to hit the ground running and very dull place to work for. It’s a very difficult culture to be in. It can a good thing but it’s very difficult to blend in as you should have been working for them at lest 5 yrs before you are part that family

Pros

Salary

Cons

Very dull place in mans lany

Unsociable hours, Difficult to advance.

Hours are extremely unsociable, you receive a small compensation for back and night shift, but isn't a lot. Certainly doesn't justify the hours. Salary is very poor considering what the company ask you to bring to the role. Yearly pay rises are very small and bonuses are performance based. Advancement is almost impossible. The job is secure, but there are staff here who have been performing the same role for over 10 years. Management appear to promote favourites or staff that kick up enough fuss as opposed to those who perhaps deserve it more. Majority of staff you work with are good people.

Great Company, Poor HR Resolutions, Degree Biased

Thermo Fisher Scientific can be an excellent place for you to have a career, the jobs are mostly interesting and staff are generally friendly at the different locations visited during my tenure there. The benefits packages are above average with generous holiday allowance and flexible working hours. Progression can be difficult, towards the end of my time there i encountered a less friendly line manager. He was the 5th manager in 7 years at the company and did not act kindly towards me. The official process to object with HR failed to assist me despite blatant wrongdoing and effectively made me resign so my once great career prospect was ended. I could have still been there to this day otherwise Also from the general tone of job vacancies, the company favors degrees when they can be unnecessary in some roles therefore put people off applying.

Not what it seems

Pay seems good above average, but you don't get paid your breaks so if your on 12hrs your only actually paid for 10.5hrs, and 8hr shifts only paid for 7hrs. Agency workers pretty much kept as agency, lay people off after 5wks because of downturn in manufacturing then asked to go back 3wks later? Staff not very friendly or helpful

Very relaxed work environment, changes are not appreciated.

You just need to do daily work, no one would push you for extra mile You can learn some techs but it'll take more than average Everything in based on personal networking - 100% The worst is company really hard with changes. But there are nice people and you can be very flexible.

Great company and site

I enjoyed my time there, just didn't workout for me. I believe the job was well underpaid. There was however an excellent benefits package incl health insurance.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Thermo Fisher Scientific. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

1.2K