Thomas Cook

Thomas Cook Employee Reviews

Found 783 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,511 reviews

Long hours little pay

Long hours, rubbish pay and benefits aren't great. The team were brilliant and all worked well together. I didn't like the fact we had to meet do many calls an hour which felt like i was rushing through calls qnd therefore not building q raport with the customer.

Pros

The team

Poor management

Poor management - do not care for staff only profit and salesUncaring unhelpful and very clicky Constant pressure to hit sales targets Reviews always marked down so that you couldn’t achieve a pay increase

Pros

Hometime

Cons

Constant harassment to hit sales targets

Sorry to see then close

Overall good to work for. High expectations and responsibility for salary paid. Very much had to work on own initiative and very little management training provided

Pros

Holiday Discounts

Cons

Brought in one size fits all processes

Einer der besten jobs den ich je hatte

TC ist eine fantastische Firma ich liebte es dort zu Arbeiten. Ich habe auch nur aufgegeben, weil ich ins Ausland gezogen es ist als würde man mit seiner Fa Lilie Arbeiten

Pros

Kantiene vor Ort

Cons

Keine

Worst employer ever.

They worked you to the bone and it still wasn’t enough. Making us squeeze every penny out of customers whether it was right for them or not. No breaks, always working on 2 staff and impossible targets to meet. You were not a person, just a number!

Best job ever

This was my favourite all time job, great fun job that I loved with a passion. Great working environment and ethics. Friendly and supportive colleagues. Come back Thomas Cook!! 😞

Company values

If your face doesn’t fit, don’t waste your time.Management pick and choose who they like and don’t like.Expected to work on minimum staff, no lunch break and still expected to deliver.

I miss TC

Although Thomas Cook at the top level were greedy and arrogant the shops and the people in them were what mattered to me and they were all a joy to work with. Even with TC’s financial failings they always made the staff feel cared for. Although it was a very unhappy ending for both staff and customers it was an amazing company to work for and the training was exceptional.

Pros

Always someone to help

Cons

Collapsed through bad financial decisions

hard work.for thomes cook

thomes cook was a good company to work for wage was very good l was working at Airport 7 days on 7 days off l enjoy the team and manager alot of training with company

Pros

5 pound vocher day

Cons

12 hours day long day

No surprises it went under

Many good people worked here who were committed and wanted the company to succeed, however some managers not so good and poor decisions led to its demise.

Amazing

So sad it’s gone. Best company I have ever worked for. It’s a shame it was destroyed by greedy selfish management that didn’t deserve the opportunity they were given to lead such a prosperous brand

No wonder they're no longer around

Poorly managed organisation from the top down, paid peanuts for people to shout at me all day over things I couldn't fix for reasons out with my control. Ruined my mental health. Gave their staff minimal support and treated staff and customers as second class citizens.

Pros

A few decent colleagues

Cons

Cold location, useless system, toxic culture

Thomas crook

As a rep.... Long hours, low pay, low commission, stressfull, about money, no sense of staff care just sales, sales, sales... The only thing that was good was being in location.

Pros

Cons

Long hours, low pay for lots of stress

It’s fun

I have learnt so many things from there. I was always excited to go to work. Management wasn’t too bad. But was bit more pressure on everyday’s schedule.

Liquidated

It didn’t end well. The company went into liquidation on the 23rd Sept 2019. Although Thomas Cook is making a comeback, the airline will not be a part of its future.

Pros

Excellent co-workers.

Cons

Some unsociable hours.

Best job ever

I was cabin crew for Thomas Cook Airlines unfortunately this company went into administration a year ago. It was truly the best job I’ve ever had. The staff made the company we was a family any problem you had they looked after you so well, management at Manchester we’re so caring and understanding to your health and family needs. You was valued. Don’t think I will ever be in another company were I woke up and was excited to work. Everyday was different nothing was mundane.

professional

aAtypical day was quite intense, I learned the mechanics of team work and responsibility, the management gave clear guidelines and targets, the culture was friendly. The hardest part of the job was maintaining accuracy, the most enjoyable part of the job was feeling that I was contributing to an excellent work effort and living up to the standards that were required to be a part of the machine thst ran the hangar.

Pros

professional

Cons

pressure

Review

Great Company to work for with a very deep history over the past 150 plus years. Sad they are no longer with us but I don't think they would have survived 2020 anyway,

Pros

Travel

5 stars all the way

One of the best - Amazing Company to work for from start to end of employment. Thomas Cook was all about the experience of the people. Made to feel welcome from day one to the end.

Pros

All of it

Cons

N/a

Amazing workplace

Super friendly staff, never stuck or feel alone. Best company I've ever worked for, amazing friends and the best job I've ever had. Thomas cook was an amazing company.

Pros

Amazing pay

Cons

Long shifts

Zypern

Ich bin für die Kinderbetreuung Vormittag und Nachmittag verantwortlich. Zweiwochenprogramm mit unterschiedliche Sport und Spass Aktivitäten, Mottotag, Kreativzeit, Poolspass habe ich gefolgt und mit den Kindern viel Spass gemacht. In der Nacht, habe ich auch in der Schau teilgenommen und viele Gäste Kontakte gemacht. Insgesamt, ich bin für alle Kinder und Gäste im Hotel zustandig.

Pros

Kollegen, Kolleginnen

Cons

Keine Nachteile

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Thomas Cook. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3Job security/advancement