Thomas Cook

• Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Time and location flexibility

Great job but Thomas Cook went bust

I loved my job as cabin crew at Thomas Cook and worked there for 21 years . Sadly the company was mismanaged and we were all made redundant when Thomas Cook went into liquidation. I had a great work life balance as I was able to work 2 weeks on 2 weeks off plus we could swap duty days and earn overtime on days off. Good salary with commission and flight duty pay on top of a basic salary.

Best job in the world

Cabin crew! Amazing salary, amazing destinations, amazing people. No other job would ever compare. It was an absolute to work here. Memories for life.

Pros

Free lunches, lovely uniform, discounted duty free, fair rostering.

Cons

Difficult to get specific dates off

Good company to work for.

Great company to work for but unfortunately the company no longer exists. But whilst I was employed by them I was able to travel the world and see many places I would not have normally visited.

Pros

Travelling

great workplace

no day was the same very long hours but enjoyment throughout every day good teamwork enjoyable workplace meeting new people everyday hardest part of job unsociable hours support from managrment

Amazing

Working for Thomas Cook was amazing and I can honestly say I enjoyed my work. I worked long and unsociable hours but I wouldn’t change anything. I worked with amazing people.

Fun, family environment

It was a great place to work, I loved every minute. We were all like a family. Always working with new people, travelling to different places. It can be challenging at times as it is a very unique testing environment, the hours are long but the lifestyle fantastic!

Good

really nice experience, mostly for the long haul flights. hour of work really balanced. Customer target not as expected really good people to work with .

A workplace like no other.

Fair working, scheduling agreements in place, strong union, fair benefits, excellent pay. Very well looked after. Heartbreaking to have to have left so suddenly.

Former Cabin Crew - Gatwick Airport.

I was on a 7 month Fixed Term Contract, with promises of being kept on over winter period. However, this did not happen! I worked on shorthaul, on the A321 and B757 at Gatwick. April 2018 - November 2018. I did really enjoy my time working for Thomas Cook, there were nice people, and horrible people...you get that in any job though. The job was good, and the salary and commissions were fantastic, with 12% commissions in whatever you sold onboard. This was shared equally, and fairly with your other crew members for those flights. So that was good. I was invited back from March 2019 - November 2019. This is no good to me, as I will be out of a job again, come November! I need some kind of stability.

Pros

Great Commisions, Crew Food/meals & Staff Discounts on items onboard.

Cons

Fixed Term Contracts, and no guarantee you will be kept on.

Fun place

Great Company to work for, so many friendly people that welcome you when you first start. Wouldn't want to work for any other airline. so many perks to this job in many good ways

Pros

So many Benefits

Cons

Worst company to work for!

Thomas Cook are the worst company I have ever worked for! The salary is poor, the cabin managers are horrible, the crew act like they don’t want to be there and the standard of recruitment process is appalling. Crewing first of all - put all the wrong details on my roster allowing me to turn up to flights that were scheduled at a completely different time, they are rude, sarcastic and have awful people skills! The cabin managers are constantly stressed, find it difficult to put a smile on their face and are just generally unfriendly. After having many ploblems flying with this company, it resulted in me having to terminate my employment due to anxiety and depression. In the employee bonding agreement, it states that if an employee resigns due to ill health they will NOT have to pay the £800 (or remaining) bond fees, but oh no.. Thomas cook are still trying to sponge this money off me 5 months down the line. After calling the legal department, sending emails across and even writing a letter I have not ONCE received any response. In a nut-shell, they are a cheap, badly managed, money driven absolute joke of an airline who if anyone told me they were thinking of applying to i would tell them to run for the hills!

excellent

Fantastic company to work for. Brilliant training. Supportive management who enable you to fulfil your potential. Great working atmosphere, uniforms and benefits that are good.

benefits

Cons

limited leave availability

fun

good company to work for, long shifts but fine if you have no family. good salary when working in the summer and good time off when needed in the winter

Good company

Good company to work for with good pay. Everyday is different and training covers everything you need within the job. Management within company is also good everyone works as a team.

Fun company to work for

company is great to work for and salary is good but job is only seasonal with little/no opportunity for permanent job. Travelling around the world as a job is a fun/unique work life

Pros

salary, colleagues

Cons

fixed term contract

Amazing place to meet new people every single day as well as travel.

Every day is different from the people you work with, the passengers you take and the destination you travel to.We would always begin the day with a brief and end the day with a debrief. Service will follow in a routine order or less we are traveling to a shorter flight destination. I have learnt to interact with all different kinds of people, from old to young, from experienced to new, people with different cultures, beliefs and languages as well as people with fears or disabilities. With all the travelling I am able to quickly turn my body clock around and work long hours. The hardest part of this job is the lack of time you are able to spend at home with friends and family as well as keeping a healthy lifestyle. The most enjoyable part of this job is visiting so many different countries. Seeing how others live and being able to experience it. The people you get to meet are fantastic and the wage is brilliant.

Pros

Salary, Travel, Meet new people every day.

Cons

Long hours, fatigue, lack of time at home

Very good

Friendly staff Good Benefits for employees Interesting Business Multinational and works hard to maintain that relationship Slow decision processes with HR sometimes Some areas seem to lose touch with others leading to poor communication

Everyday is a different day.

Its not your normal 9 to 5. Expect very long days with minimum rest in between. Cabin crew life is amazing as you get to see the world and meet lots of different people, however be ready to live out of a suit case for most of the time as this will happen and be prepared to spend time away from home, this can include Christmas and New Year.

Pros

See the world

Challenging but fun workplace

I had the oportunity to have the best job in the world with this great company. They take care of crew very well and I don't have anything negative to say at all. :)

Pros

Free lunch, great staff travel, make friends with people from diferent backgrounds, some spectacular CM's that teach you with heart and direct you on right path.

Cons

as in any other job, you will find some CM's waiting for the opportunity to knock you down and report you, and others dont even bother to appraise for your very good work

fun workplace and a very interesting job

Thomas Cook had a very fun workplace where you was able to voice your opinion and your opinion was heard. All colleagues were easy to get along with and was lovely to meet different people every day. The salary was very good which made me want to work harder as you earned commission on the products you sold on-board.

Pros

food provided, good salary

Cons

early mornings

excellent and enjoyable carrer

excellent customer service and safety. excellent salary. shift patterns providing food and beverages for passengers.

Pros

salary