Thomas Franks Ltd

Thomas Franks Ltd Reviews with Jobs

United Kingdom45 reviews

thomasfoodlunchstaffcompanygoodworkingplace

Kitchen porter

I've worked for TF for around 2 years. The company itself if nice to work for however can be difficult for them to find new staff and agency when people are off kick or left. And this leave the kichen short staffed. Sometimes if feels as tho other places are there main priorities. And staff are not so much.

Tin pot firm

Don't bother with this company is very poor, money is national minimum wage, overtime is the same rate no benefits at all, long hours, no management support if ur ill, no sick pay,Favouritism for employees that don't do a lot apart standing around trying to look good.

Insights into Thomas Franks Ltd

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Energising work tasks
  • Ability to learn new things

Not what I expected

The staff were amazing, really friendly and work brilliant as a unit. The actually support from head office felt vacant plus the salary was quite low compared to what other catering teams make. Regular training to keep you up to date with food safety, Risk Assessments safety in the work place.

Pros

Great staff

Cons

Not much growth, minimal support

At the beginning it was good……

For the first 1 / 2 months it was a half decent company to work for. Their wasn’t really a lot of “training”. So to speak, kind of just chucked in at the deep end and told to get on with it. But as the months went on, you realise that unless your hair and eyes are the right colour nothing gets done to help you if you don’t make the “fit”. Meet quite a few overly work and stressed operations managers who because of that would take their problems out on myself. One good thing was not many week ends to work. One really bad thing I all but got made redundant because of COVID! I was made to work during COVID, to which was full time hours still. And was still paid furlough rate. To which I was pretty much forced to sign a waver saying I was okay with it, I reason I did sign it was because I was told the company was making cut backs and I had a mortgage to think about. Unless you really are stuck for a job, look else where please. Unless you eyes and hair are the right colour! The best of luck to you!

Nice place to work

Me and my boss just got on with our jobs the management left us to do our jobs. It was a great place to work me and my boss got on great and had a laugh.

Pros

Free lunch

Bad place to work.

If you want to destroy your life work for this company bad staff and chefs I work in Richmond London one of the worst places to work wrong people in the business.

Hard work, but worth it!

I have worked for Thomas Franks for 5 years now and have always felt secure and supported in my role. I was left to make key decisions using my own knowledge whilst always being mentored to make the best possible choice. I have been promoted internally within Thomas Franks and I see the good work that they do within other school. I have worked for three other large contract caterer's and TF are easily the best and the only one that treats staff as family rather then cogs in a wheel.

Fun Workplace and Great Work Culture

After speaking with other members of Thomas Franks, before joining the company, it was hard to think of a reason not to join. On my interview, the team were really nice, welcoming and honest (something that is hard to come across in an interview). I was felt welcomed from every department as soon as I stepped through the day. The support that you get from everyone, is like nothing else I have heard of. TF are always looking to help you expand your knowledge and get you to where you want to be. Sure there are harder days than others, but isn't that the same for every rewarding job?

Pros

Support, Family Ethos, Honest

Part of the family

Thomas Franks is a supportive company with lots of opportunities to grow and develop. Great management team with a positive attitude to work life balance.

Pros

opportunities

Dont bother

Left to get on with it. No back up. Only worried about keeping client happy and not your well being. Pressure to get get addional things done in the hrs you work when there is not enough time as overtime is not pd

Pros

Free lunch IF you have time

Cons

Wage does not reflect the work. No loyalty to long standing employees.

Thoroughly awful experience

Completely agree with other reviews that if your face fits - or if you are a favourite of the founder - then you will go far. If not, you will likely be left to your own devices to feel pushed out and thoroughly confused and unsupported. Would not recommend that anyone work here. Nepotism at its absolute finest. Avoid if you are a team player. Management is like playing the lotto; no consistent experience for employees.

Pros

Flexible working hours

Cons

An absolute shambles of a place

Great place

Thomas franks is a good place to work, the staff and company are really friendly. They provide great training to help you as you begin working with them.

Poor management

I worked at Shiplake College and the management was rubbish. They were rude and unprofessional who had too many favourites. The manager would pick on certain employees and no one would look forward to coming into work, they have pushed all their good staff away. They also dealt with certain situations wrong and would shout in front of everyone at certain individuals. Thomas Franks is getting a bad name and there are many locations with poor management, so for the sake of your mental health, don’t work for this company.

Pros

Free food

Cons

Poor management

Staff Member

Poor management. Worked for Leighton park school as a general assistant. Was not treated equally. Was stuck in platewash my entire time being there because I wouldn't fit in with the favourite employees working on the counters. Favouritism amongst co-workers. Even the supervisor had all-time favourite. Everyone knew it. All my ex co-workers left because of the same reason & I know that because I got a long with them.

Pros

Cons

Favouritism. Poor management. Unprofessional supervisor

If you are a foodie avoid at any cost

If you are a talented chef this is a company you want to avoid working for, you have to be a friend of a friend to get promoted no need to have skill

Pros

Cons

Poor management, all unprofessional bullies and liar!!!

Management doesn't treat every one the same

If your a yes person and have no mind of your own you'll be fine! The school was great but working in kitchen was boring, not given good jobs and left to do the worst ones! especially if your not know to other staff there , its a face fit kind of place, all other departments in this school were helpful, friendly people, not so the kitchen

Pros

A great company to work for

I worked for Thomas Frank's for 5 years and even though I was a GA they paid for me to do a level 3 food safety course and Food Hygiene after I asked. They are totally understandable about family life and issues that crop up,couldn't praise them enough when I needed time off for a ill family member. They do value hard working individuals.

Pros

excellent all round

Cons

Cant actually come up with any

Worst place to work !!!

Never work here they discriminate against people and if they do look right for the job the assume there not good enough would never recommend working here rubbish pay first year stressful environment do not give people a chance to show there potential

Great family owned company with a real passion for great food and service

A great company to work for! They are very foodie, the company is Founder led, he is very involved in driving the business forward and delivering superb food. Fabulously talented chefs, great on site and operational teams and wonderful head office support team. I would work for them again if there was the right opportunity!

Stressful

The company gives too much stress to the staff. Expecting a lot, but paying very low. Some of the managers, and colleagues are rude. There is no possibility to promote.

Worse place i have ever worked in

The kitchen staff at this school were the worse I have ever come across. The 3 women chefs only spoke with each other, they were rude and very very un friendly, answering any conversation you tried to make with one word replies, they made no effort what so ever to get to know me, just not interested Avoid avoid avoid lady

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Thomas Franks Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Thomas Franks Ltd with

Learn about Thomas Franks Ltd in popular locations

• Thomas Franks Ltd
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?