Thomas Franks Ltd

Thomas Franks Ltd Employee Reviews

General Assistant

I worked at Shiplake collage and loved my job, it was a shame I had to leave as I moved house. The management were caring and encouraging, You were expected to work hard as its catering but it was lots of fun doing it. There was some bad staff that sometimes tried to make the day bad but the management got rid or dealt with them, one was even caught sleeping while at work!! They let you have a meal everyday and the chefs make amazing desserts that you can have. It was probably the best job i have done and the managers were fantastic and fun. If you like a fast paced fun environment to work in this would be the job for you!!

Pros

Free lunches and Yummy Desserts

Cons

Very busy work, but fun!

Fun Workplace and Great Work Culture

After speaking with other members of Thomas Franks, before joining the company, it was hard to think of a reason not to join. On my interview, the team were really nice, welcoming and honest (something that is hard to come across in an interview). I was felt welcomed from every department as soon as I stepped through the day. The support that you get from everyone, is like nothing else I have heard of. TF are always looking to help you expand your knowledge and get you to where you want to be. Sure there are harder days than others, but isn't that the same for every rewarding job?

Pros

Support, Family Ethos, Honest

Part of the family

Thomas Franks is a supportive company with lots of opportunities to grow and develop. Great management team with a positive attitude to work life balance.

Pros

opportunities

Dont bother

Left to get on with it. No back up. Only worried about keeping client happy and not your well being. Pressure to get get addional things done in the hrs you work when there is not enough time as overtime is not pd

Pros

Free lunch IF you have time

Cons

Wage does not reflect the work. No loyalty to long standing employees.

Thoroughly awful experience

Completely agree with other reviews that if your face fits - or if you are a favourite of the founder - then you will go far. If not, you will likely be left to your own devices to feel pushed out and thoroughly confused and unsupported. Would not recommend that anyone work here. Nepotism at its absolute finest. Avoid if you are a team player. Management is like playing the lotto; no consistent experience for employees.

Pros

Flexible working hours

Cons

An absolute shambles of a place

Great place

Thomas franks is a good place to work, the staff and company are really friendly. They provide great training to help you as you begin working with them.

Poor management

I worked at Shiplake College and the management was rubbish. They were rude and unprofessional who had too many favourites. The manager would pick on certain employees and no one would look forward to coming into work, they have pushed all their good staff away. They also dealt with certain situations wrong and would shout in front of everyone at certain individuals. Thomas Franks is getting a bad name and there are many locations with poor management, so for the sake of your mental health, don’t work for this company.

Pros

Free food

Cons

Poor management

Great location, appauling management

Every staff member is very much just a number and easily replacable to Thomas Frank's, know matter how hard you work or how much effort you put in the management team acknowledge none of it as they don't come out of there cosy office to get to know their staff. They pay their staff as little as they can and display misleading pay on job adverts whilst expecting you to do 3 jobs at once putting health and safety at risk. Overall all management at Thomas Frank's are greedy, selfish, unfair and unappreciative of their staff who without the front line staff, there'd be no show to run. There have also been many personal comments about staffs intelligence because of their job title.

Pros

Free lunch but you have 15 mins to collect, eat and be back at your station.

Cons

Overloaded with unrealistic tasks to complete at 1 time, hard work is not appreciated, there is no loyalty to staff, it is very underpaid for the physical and mental work involved, management are not compasionate to staff, nothing is confidential.

Staff Member

Poor management. Worked for Leighton park school as a general assistant. Was not treated equally. Was stuck in platewash my entire time being there because I wouldn't fit in with the favourite employees working on the counters. Favouritism amongst co-workers. Even the supervisor had all-time favourite. Everyone knew it. All my ex co-workers left because of the same reason & I know that because I got a long with them.

Pros

Cons

Favouritism. Poor management. Unprofessional supervisor

If you are a foodie avoid at any cost

If you are a talented chef this is a company you want to avoid working for, you have to be a friend of a friend to get promoted no need to have skill

Pros

Cons

Poor management, all unprofessional bullies and liar!!!

Management doesn't treat every one the same

If your a yes person and have no mind of your own you'll be fine! The school was great but working in kitchen was boring, not given good jobs and left to do the worst ones! especially if your not know to other staff there , its a face fit kind of place, all other departments in this school were helpful, friendly people, not so the kitchen

Pros

A great company to work for

I worked for Thomas Frank's for 5 years and even though I was a GA they paid for me to do a level 3 food safety course and Food Hygiene after I asked. They are totally understandable about family life and issues that crop up,couldn't praise them enough when I needed time off for a ill family member. They do value hard working individuals.

Pros

excellent all round

Cons

Cant actually come up with any

Worst place to work !!!

Never work here they discriminate against people and if they do look right for the job the assume there not good enough would never recommend working here rubbish pay first year stressful environment do not give people a chance to show there potential

Great family owned company with a real passion for great food and service

A great company to work for! They are very foodie, the company is Founder led, he is very involved in driving the business forward and delivering superb food. Fabulously talented chefs, great on site and operational teams and wonderful head office support team. I would work for them again if there was the right opportunity!

Stressful

The company gives too much stress to the staff. Expecting a lot, but paying very low. Some of the managers, and colleagues are rude. There is no possibility to promote.

Worse place i have ever worked in

The kitchen staff at this school were the worse I have ever come across. The 3 women chefs only spoke with each other, they were rude and very very un friendly, answering any conversation you tried to make with one word replies, they made no effort what so ever to get to know me, just not interested Avoid avoid avoid lady

very sad and staff were homophobic

I worked here for a short time I was very unhappy I had very nasty comments made towards me by the kitchen manager and I was told if I didn't take my medication for depression my contract would be terminated and they did

Great company !

Loved the company gave 100% Felt there was false promises from manger but great company what let you use your own ideas Was treated badly when handed notice in felt like I was a bad person cause I wanted to better my self

fast pace

Good company, team spirited Hard work, and very fast paced. There is always cleaning and hygiene tasks to carry out. Recycling and eco friendly, Chalenges ona a-daily level

Bad support, lied to by management and ceo

Some sites are good to work at!! some are really bad!! Lied to about bonus!! Took a year before they finally told me how I was even supposed to achieve it. Lied to about repairing and replacing equipment Lied to about staffing levels

Pros

Evenings off and no weekends

Cons

Lied to about bonus, no support from the company when dealing with problem employees

Fantastic family orientated company

Thomas Franks if a great contract catering company. It puts staff welfare at the forefront of everything it does. Fresh food concept promoting regional produce.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Thomas Franks Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1Job security/advancement