Thomas Sanderson
View all Thomas Sanderson reviews

Thomas Sanderson

Thomas Sanderson Employee Review

A business that has let me build many new skills

fun and enthusiastic place to work a lot of opportunity to progress within the company. it can be quite a stressful environment at times as all the staff aim to achieve the highest standard to keep in with their high reputation.

Pros

staff and products

Cons

can be testing at times

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Same roleSame location

Daily tasks

My daily responsibilities are - responding to external and internal emails, managing debt & managing an installation team and being the point of contact for the Installation Manager of the area.
Same roleSame location

Good pay and training but lots of backstabbing and lies

I worked as a customer service rep and my main role was to give technical advice and handle complaints. The training I was given was second to none and they really give you the skills and info you need to do a good job. For a customer service role the pay is superb, which is probably due to the technical nature of the role. I gave the company my all and tried very hard to become a valued and able member of staff. During my 6 month probationary review I was told that my 'call score' was low and that they would give me another 3 months to get it back up. This call grading system was quite fair and points were awarded for doing simple things like asking if there was anything else they needed help with, saying 'you're welcome,' stuff like that. Basically it was very customer focused, or so it seemed.. 3 Months later, having scored repeatedly in the higher echelons of their rating system (over 90% on most calls) I was confident that I'd be kept on. However they threw me a curve-ball, telling me that I was spending too long on each call and that because of my call volume they were letting me go. I had only been rebuked once for being on a call too long and was in no way aware this was a repeated issue. I was attempting to give that extra level of customer service they were purporting to offer, giving advice on maintenance of blinds, avoiding mildew etc and it was always relevant. I made sure that every customer felt they'd had all their question answered. As you can imagine I was shocked to be told that call volume should trump customer service and I felt I had that -

Pros

Good pay, lots of training, staff outings

Cons

Lies, politics, back-stabbing
Same location

Avoid Thomas Sanderson

The company itself has changed a lot over the time I was there and since leaving nothing good at all! The management are under qualified overpaid and often treat staff wrongly! They break data protection laws constantly and hound customers with calls constantly we are asked to remove customers number from the system but this never happens! They offer incentives but the winners were always the same or the prizes never materialised!

Pros

Friends who I met

Cons

Management CEO

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Thomas Sanderson. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Thomas Sanderson with

Learn about Thomas Sanderson in popular locations

• Thomas Sanderson
  • A business that has let me build many new skills
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?