Thomas Sanderson

London5 reviews

3.3Pay & benefits

productstaffgoodhardcompanytimemanagementgreat

Awesome income, horrific stability

If you want to earn good money with a company so ensconced in its ivory tower they still think their dated product is better than the competition, and who will spit you out in a flash then this is for you!

Pros

Great holiday incentives, great appointment system, good commission

Cons

Mileage, time slots, price, stability

not worth it

commission structure is terrible, good appointments are given to relatives of management across the country. you need to have extra income from another source to be able to survive there. products are beautiful but well overpriced and hard to sell. a high turnover of sales reps

Insights into Thomas Sanderson

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Trust in colleagues

Excellent Company to work For

I have been a Sales Designer for a year and absolutely love it! Hard Work, Unsocial hours but the commission and rewards are amazing. Great manager support and training

Pros

Commission, Incentives and Bonuses

Cons

Unsocial Hours

Basically double glazing sales

I was approached by TS and consequently offered a job. It was stressed that the job was not a hard sell. In the field it was an old style double glazing, hard sell techniques. Start with a really high price and keep lowering the price until you 'hopefully' got a sale. A manager would pretend to be the office and confirm a 'one off' special price only available that day. All a bit pathetic. As mentioned by another reviewer, appointments only confirmed night before, generally one apt at 10am and another at 6/7pm, really screws your day up. Also confirmed is that the call centre follows up no sales and rips the price out of the deal. Working as a 'designer' for TS was a quite horrendous experience. Their training guy openly admitted TS have a 100% staff turnover on a year to year basis, I think that sums them up perfectly. KEEP WELL CLEAR!

Pros

None come to mind

Cons

Too many to mention

care required

you get your sales appointments evening before eg 9pm-11pm. You do your utmost on the day but if you do not sell you get 3 days to bring in the business or else head office call and cut the price you gave so low that you earn absolutely nothing even though you did all the hard work - some clients now know this and wait for the head office call!! I was also being sent out to appointments that we had seen only 3 months before but had been told we have special pricing so they were expecting a greater discount than already given. A HUGE amount of effort at YOUR expense trying to sell to many that just cannot afford Thomas Sanderson prices. The problem is that the call centre get a bonus for each appointment booked so they do not care if they send you to someone already seen. Many I saw told me they were seeing me only to get TS off of their backs, others that the person in the call centre was all but pleading with them to agree to a meeting!! All this at YOUR expense.

Pros

Good money for part of the year

Cons

a mega amount of work to have head office take it away from you. all at your expense

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Thomas Sanderson. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement