Thomas Sanderson

Thomas Sanderson: 17 Reviews in Waterlooville

Waterlooville17 reviews

productstaffgoodhardcompanytimemanagementgreat

A business that has let me build many new skills

fun and enthusiastic place to work a lot of opportunity to progress within the company. it can be quite a stressful environment at times as all the staff aim to achieve the highest standard to keep in with their high reputation.

Pros

staff and products

Cons

can be testing at times

Avoid Thomas Sanderson

The company itself has changed a lot over the time I was there and since leaving nothing good at all! The management are under qualified overpaid and often treat staff wrongly! They break data protection laws constantly and hound customers with calls constantly we are asked to remove customers number from the system but this never happens! They offer incentives but the winners were always the same or the prizes never materialised!

Pros

Friends who I met

Cons

Management CEO

Insights into Thomas Sanderson

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Trust in colleagues

Daily tasks

My daily responsibilities are - responding to external and internal emails, managing debt & managing an installation team and being the point of contact for the Installation Manager of the area.

Dodgey

Targets, targets, targets. This company only cares about sales and numbers. If you don't meet them quickly your gone. Tense environment and not a nice atmosphere.

A Sinking Ship

Overpriced products, dated sales tactics and slow to embrace change. Management doesn't listen to its staff and they are treated like school children. Poor atmosphere. WIll continually preach "company values" but never in a million years adhere to them.

Pros

Pay

Cons

Job Security

Not nice environment

Staff turn over very fast. Working with Telesales, first call Saturday morning, a lot of abuse from customers. Target Driven Bells ringing and lights flashing highly charged and driven. (Hard)

Pros

Close to home

Wouldnt even like to give the company 1 star

High staff turnover Depressed Management No support Only good thing is the wage. BUT that's if they pay you correctly or on time Good Incentives Tough sales role

Pros

Salary

Cons

Awful company

fun workplace

good environment to work in, however if you don't produce to the standard they want they will drop you asap.The management was also falling apart while i was there.

Pros

fun staff

Cons

awful management

Outbound sales advisor

As an outbound sales advisor I had so much fun working for Thomas Sanderson that I decided to go back as a manager. Shame that I had to leave and go back would have been nice to just progress internally.

Pros

money

Cons

job progression

Great Place to work

I have enjoyed my time with Thomas Sanderson it was a great place to work the people make the difference. I would happily go back.

Pros

training

Cons

comunication

Unsafe and Bad Management

The management structure is low morale and hard to adjust to. They have a way of doing things which does go down well with the advisers. I would not choose the work at Thomas Sanderson again.

Pros

commission

Cons

managemant team

Good pay and training but lots of backstabbing and lies

I worked as a customer service rep and my main role was to give technical advice and handle complaints. The training I was given was second to none and they really give you the skills and info you need to do a good job. For a customer service role the pay is superb, which is probably due to the technical nature of the role. I gave the company my all and tried very hard to become a valued and able member of staff. During my 6 month probationary review I was told that my 'call score' was low and that they would give me another 3 months to get it back up. This call grading system was quite fair and points were awarded for doing simple things like asking if there was anything else they needed help with, saying 'you're welcome,' stuff like that. Basically it was very customer focused, or so it seemed.. 3 Months later, having scored repeatedly in the higher echelons of their rating system (over 90% on most calls) I was confident that I'd be kept on. However they threw me a curve-ball, telling me that I was spending too long on each call and that because of my call volume they were letting me go. I had only been rebuked once for being on a call too long and was in no way aware this was a repeated issue. I was attempting to give that extra level of customer service they were purporting to offer, giving advice on maintenance of blinds, avoiding mildew etc and it was always relevant. I made sure that every customer felt they'd had all their question answered. As you can imagine I was shocked to be told that call volume should trump customer service and I felt I had that -

Pros

Good pay, lots of training, staff outings

Cons

Lies, politics, back-stabbing

A good place to work in general

A hard working but fun environment. However, there was no real room for advancement within the business. The staff were very friendly.

Pros

Good fun environment

Cons

Management skills could have been improved

Fast paced

A good place to work if a little difficult at times. They do look after their staff, Good incentives and bonuses when we achieve target

Pros

Free parking

Cons

restructure

can be fun but strict

what made the job for me was the people we all got on and had friendly competition between us all but at the same time would go out of our way to help each other

Pros

good money and people

Cons

no real progression available

working in the sales enviroment

its a lively work placelots going onvery tough to gain the publics interest at timesbut I enjoy the contact

Pros

great atmosphere at times

Cons

the shift pattern could be improved

Friendly work place

Loading and unloading lorries, Pick goods for despatch and for shop floor, use computer system to log stock in and out.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Thomas Sanderson. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Thomas Sanderson with

Learn about Thomas Sanderson in Waterlooville

• Thomas Sanderson
  • Waterlooville
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?