Thomas Sanderson

Customer Service Representative3 reviews
United Kingdom3 reviews

2.3Job security & advancement

productstaffgoodhardcompanytimemanagementgreat

A business that has let me build many new skills

fun and enthusiastic place to work a lot of opportunity to progress within the company. it can be quite a stressful environment at times as all the staff aim to achieve the highest standard to keep in with their high reputation.

Pros

staff and products

Cons

can be testing at times

Daily tasks

My daily responsibilities are - responding to external and internal emails, managing debt & managing an installation team and being the point of contact for the Installation Manager of the area.

Insights into Thomas Sanderson

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Trust in colleagues

Good pay and training but lots of backstabbing and lies

I worked as a customer service rep and my main role was to give technical advice and handle complaints. The training I was given was second to none and they really give you the skills and info you need to do a good job. For a customer service role the pay is superb, which is probably due to the technical nature of the role. I gave the company my all and tried very hard to become a valued and able member of staff. During my 6 month probationary review I was told that my 'call score' was low and that they would give me another 3 months to get it back up. This call grading system was quite fair and points were awarded for doing simple things like asking if there was anything else they needed help with, saying 'you're welcome,' stuff like that. Basically it was very customer focused, or so it seemed.. 3 Months later, having scored repeatedly in the higher echelons of their rating system (over 90% on most calls) I was confident that I'd be kept on. However they threw me a curve-ball, telling me that I was spending too long on each call and that because of my call volume they were letting me go. I had only been rebuked once for being on a call too long and was in no way aware this was a repeated issue. I was attempting to give that extra level of customer service they were purporting to offer, giving advice on maintenance of blinds, avoiding mildew etc and it was always relevant. I made sure that every customer felt they'd had all their question answered. As you can imagine I was shocked to be told that call volume should trump customer service and I felt I had that -

Pros

Good pay, lots of training, staff outings

Cons

Lies, politics, back-stabbing

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Thomas Sanderson?

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Thomas Sanderson. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement