Thompsons Solicitors

Thompsons Solicitors Pay & benefits reviews

Clear
3.2Pay & benefits

some of staff really helpful

I would not look for promotion of any kind as they tend to give these posts to friends if you are quite happy to so a secretarial job for a typists salary then you will do fine

Pros

flexi time allows you to build up time for an extra day off per month

Cons

no prospects of promotion

Proud to work for Thompsons

The values of the company mirrored my own. You work hard and sometimes at pace but it is very rewarding. management and senior management are supportive.The salary and benefits are excellent.

Pros

Feeling of belonging, and rewarding work

Union solicitors

Not the happiest place to work. Blamed for various things that happened whilst I was off sick with depression. Lack of sympathetic support following life changing events.

Pros

Cons

Long hours, unsympathetic management, expect weekend working and out of hours with no extra pay, low pay generally for the job..

Great PI Solicitors with excellent Employment Law Specialists

A firm who believes in fighting for the rights of workers and therefore closely aligned with the trade union movement . Great people to work with but the work is demanding and fast paced. The business is changing in response to changes in legislation and the general change in delivering PI legal services

Pros

The people that work there. Good Company benefits .

Cons

Getting a balance with life and work given the demanding workload

Friendly and Welcoming

Thompsons is a great employer. I do believe that the salary could be improved, but given the fact that the office culture is very warm and it is easy for someone to feel welcomed as part of the team, I would recommend them as an employer.

Not the best place to work

This place is horrendous especially the management. I can say this honestly having now been working for a company where the managers including the CEO’s treat every employee with respect. That’s not to be found at Thompsons Solicitors. I would say apply at your own risk. It’s every man for himself and management will throw you under the bus. There’s no progression either. The workload is high and expectations are unrealistic. Free fruit is offered twice a week and the company closes over the Christmas period so not all is bad. There is no overtime offered and if you work over it is at your own choice with no praise from management fruit

Workplace

I have worked for Thompsons for 15 years. Salary and pension is really good. Good working environment Been part of the trade union movement Flexible working

Pros

Nearly 2 weeks off xmas, Holidays, and Pension and working

Cons

Really busy at times

Friendly Atmosphere

Members of staff were really welcoming and the atmosphere around the office is generally quite positive. The hardest part of the job is that there can be very busy periods, however these are managed with planning and all members of the team helping with the workload. There are treat days, such as dress down days, fruit on a Tuesday and Thursday, and pizza days, as well as a Christmas party each year and a sports and social club. There is also a lot of opportunity to donate to different charities and also to put forward ideas of charities or events that you would like help/take part in. Overall, the company is a good company to work for with good benefits and opportunities.

Pros

Pleasant working environment/staff

Cons

At times the work load can be high pressure

I Love My Job!

I have worked for the firm for a number of years and I love my role at Thompsons. There are many perks to working at Thompsons, annual leave for long standing member is fantastic and it help me balance being a mum and working full time. Thompsons are always looking at ways to improve the working environment and I feel that things get better all the time. I have worked at a number of places and the grass is no way greener. I hope that one day (in many years) I will retire from Thompsons.

Pros

Annual leave, pay progression, lovely enviroment

Cons

I would like flexible working, longer hours over less days

Great place to work!

I have worked for Thompsons nearly 3 years and I thoroughly enjoy working here. I enjoy my job role and I work in a great team (Admin) they are all lovely people and make coming to work enjoyable. Its a friendly environment here in the office and all the people are very hardworking and easy to get along with. We also receive a lot of benefits working at Thompsons for example dress down days, pizza days, an Easter egg at Easter, advent calendars at Christmas, Christmas parties, Christmas meals, a social club with different days/nights out and the list goes on!

Pros

pizza days!

Cons

the travel to work

Good employer to gain experience

Provides employees with good relevant experience in chosen field. Room for career progression is minimal. Holiday entitlement is very reasonable in comparison to standard within the profession.

Pros

Good and fair holiday entitlement and salary

Cons

Poor career progressionpathway

Controlling and manipulative

A culture of overworking employees to breaking point and then blaming them if something goes wrong. A general feeling of not being supported which is disgusting for a firm that supports employment unions. The worst employment experience of my life.

Pros

Reasonable salary

Cons

Terrible atmosphere

Over worked

The staff are over worked with unrealistic targets and case load. the upsides to the job was that their was a positive attitude around the office. the salary was also good for the position.

nice people to work with

no two days are the same. i worked with some fabulous co-workers. Everyone helped everybody else if possible. there is the possiblity to progress and they promote this.

benefits

Cons

no flexibility

Very good company - well organised.

I have completed a work experience at this company while in high school. It is very organised and it's very enjoyable to work in it.

Pros

Good amount of work hours, very nice co-workers

National, established, large.

Given a lot of discretion as regards carrying out my tasks and obtaining results. Office, court, seeing clients. Extensive in person experience of hearings, respondent interaction, expert liaison, client interaction, office politics.

Pros

Good salary.

Cons

Lack of progression.

Productive day

I only went for a days work experience but I did learn a lot about a typical work day, and I watched lots of different court hearings which was very interesting.

Pros

free lunches

Cons

travel

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Thompsons Solicitors. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3Job security/advancement

Compare Thompsons Solicitors with

• Thompsons Solicitors
  • Pay & benefits
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?