Thorn Baker Group

Thorn Baker Group Employee Reviews

United Kingdom118 reviews

bakeragencytargetrudeweekstafflongpay

Productive workplace

Thorn Baker industrial recruitment is a productive company with regards to the welfare of its agents and staff, which is more than I can say for some other agencies. They are prompt, professional and have integrity when it comes to payments and enquiries. I recommend them defo.

Pros

Prompt job allocations

Cons

Long hours with some establishments

Great agency

Great agency.The staff do care and work hard to help all different types of people.I would highly recommend Thorn Baker to any one looking for Industrial work in the cities they operate.

Insights into Thorn Baker Group

What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Clear sense of purpose

Terrible management and communication

Management is absolutely shocking and Lack communication skills. Placement itself is great but management are totally disorganised!! The people at my work placement aren’t a part of this but thornbaker as a company itself need to start communicating better!!

Pros

Simple work

Cons

Management lack communication

Be very aware

Be very aware when using this agency, what they don’t tell you is your pay is inflated 11.50 your actually only earning 10.10 after umbrella takes the huge cut

Pros

Cons

Every single thing

A good agency to work with there if they need them at any time, work can always be found at anytime, the pay for many job roles is excellent even at places that do overtime

Easy to communicate with

Someone was always available should I need to speak to someone. Easygoing people. Sorted all of my paperwork and identification out quickly so I could find a job quickly.

Just a temporary agency so it's all about coming mission for consultants

Bog standard employment agency. Mostly dead end industrial contracts paying a minimum wage salary. When the company doesn't need anymore temps you are advised to wait by the phone for a call.

Pros

Basic minimum wage employment

Cons

Minimum wage, dead end work

Nice Work Place

Thorn Baker it's a great company to work for. Nice people always there to help you out and support.Friendly environment , they will always take care of you

Pros

pay on time

Terrible

Managers moan if you don't hit target but they don't care when you do also dont care if you don't have enough stock to do the work for example we had asked to shut a line down for half hour so we could get some stock up and and they said no but moaned that we didn't hit target

Pros

Non

Sad & Depressing

Worst job i’ve ever had, the amount you get paid does not reflect the amount of work you have to do. Supervisors/Managers are quick to say you’re not hitting target but as soon as your going over target or hitting it they do not care, not even a well done, keep up the good work. If your desperate for money, this job is still not worth it. Whilst I was there, people were leaving every day, the team halved in size within the time i was there. Believe me, don’t waste your time applying here, it’s not worth it.

Pros

Non

Cons

Brilliant company to work for

Brilliant agency to work for,, they always try there hardest to get u ongoing work,,, lots of job opportunities lots of help once in work and help with travel expenses

Pros

Excellent company

Cons

No cons I can think of

Warehouse operative very fun place to work at

Very nice place to work at down-to-earth people the work is very easy if you are willing to learn new skills and if you're alright with getting a bit dirty my experience has been very pleasurable I would highly recommend thorn Baker

Pros

Very nice people Small company nice work balance

Cons

You get bit ov powder on you

Excellent work environment

I have been working at Thorn Baker for four years, and they are an excellent employer and recruitment agency. We are encouraged to look after our candidates and clients and treat everyone with respect and honesty.

Pros

Great working environment, ethical and treats people well

My experience with Thorn Baker was a very good, productive and enjoyable one. Staff was very helpful and friendly.I would definitely recommend.Thank you very much for helping me every time I needed.

Pros

Friendly staff

Cons

Couldn’t say one.

Great place to work at

I am having a great experience working for vision express although I wish I could work more hours and start at a better time, because the hours I’m working at the moment are not so good because of my son whose autistic and my wife whose not in the best shape medically but I’m very thankful to thorn baker for getting me the job, I’m hoping I last long and that nothing changes as I feel very safe!

Pros

Cons

Would be grateful for more work hours.

Very strict and professional you have to follow the guidelines.

Everyday is not the same sometimes its quite and other day is very busy.I have learn a lot from them as a new Labourer for e.g about tools to use for certain purpose,fencing,putting barriers for safety and more.All who work at the management are very good.The Workplace is very nice you have everything toilets,canteen etc.The hardest part of the job is loading,unloading and lifting.The most enjoyable part is when its Friday and your getting paid and finish work.

Pros

You have to buy or bring your own food

Cons

The hours is fine

Friendly staff

Always willing to help very reliable and efficient great support and help when needed weekly pay and payslips kind and friendly people whom work there

Pros

Clean environment

Cons

Fairly paid

Treat you as a person

I feel fortunate to have worked under Thorn Baker. It’s a shame that the present company I work for have gone with a different agency; I would have loved have stayed with Thorn Baker. It’s an agency that treats you as an individual not just a body to fill a position. I really appreciate all of the help and support they have given me.

Production

The job is very good and easy. Working with thorn Baker Limited is very easy, from the day of the interview; it’s has been very easy. I want to quickly recommendation thorn Baker Limited for all who are interested in working

Great agency

Enjoy working for them as they look after you. Pay is never late.I'm on a temp to perm contract warehouse cleaning. The only con is its long shifts.

Pros

Cheap food on the site i am on

Cons

Long hour's

Don't let reviews fool you

Ignore reviews, I had the best time working here but was just laid off due to work finishing. I worked here a few years back and hated it, but it's almost completely changed since. Targets are sometimes unreachable due to orders needing to be shipped off ASAP, however job itself is easy - but fast paced. I think it all depends on who you're partnered with and who is on your bank, my partner was slow, but overall the people I worked with were incredible including my QC and supervisor. Pay is good and weekly, however no sick pay including if you're quarantining, which can be quite financially difficult as you accrue holiday per week. Will most definitely be looking to return in the new year.

Pros

Weekly pay

Cons

Aches and pains from standing in the same position for hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Thorn Baker Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement