Thorn Baker Group

Thorn Baker Group Employee Reviews

Great place to work, very fast pace and sales orientated environment. The staff within the Leeds office are great and would always work with them, I just wanted to take a different career route
Enjoy working for them as they look after you. Pay is never late.I'm on a temp to perm contract warehouse cleaning. The only con is its long shifts.
Pros
Cheap food on the site i am on
Cons
Long hour's
Great, friendly staff. They have a range of jobs and they were very helpful and sent me to the ones that suit my needs. A great opportunity to gain more skills. I would totally recommend.
The work has been easy all the time, as I had requested, namely a light job. There has been a lot of understanding when unexpected situations emerged and shifts had to be cancelled, postponed or replaced by holidays. The communication has been extremely encouraging and empowering. I am very happy that my friends recommended this agency to me. Every day, new tasks, challenges and opportunities.
Pros
very good understanding and communication
Work of 4 men for £10 an hour, liars! Manipulators! Have all my own tools and tickets and they slave you, make u turn up just in case when nobody else shows up, ignores your questions then text u at midnight for a 5am start! Scum! Demi at recruitment doesn’t want to know anything just if ur gonna turn up or not jobsworth
Pros
Anyone can get a days work
Cons
Will u get paid?
No hassle, straightforward interview process via phone. Job advertised due to Covid 19 Pleasant, professional staff & paid on time every week - how all agencies should be!
Job as described, and paid promptly. Can’t say fairer than that. Office staff were friendly and followed up with courtesy phone calls to see how I was getting on. All in all a great experience and I would definitely work for again.
Pros
On site parking, and great communication.
Cons
None really I can think of.
they are usless they say they will get back to you then they don't and the pay is next to nothing they are not organised and customer service is very bad
Shocking agency if you can call it that.. Avoid at all cost and keep your self esteem...office staff are thicker than canteen cups with no real aptitude or initiative..
Pros
None whatsoever..
Cons
To numerous to list..
It’s a great experience compare to other agencies which I have worked with.. Though after the interview I have to wait for sometimes before I was call for the job. Another point here, after the contract finished and I called to see if there are other jobs available no response either yes or no until she have another relative job ...
This is a really good agency to work for better than most out there they pay your holidays on time and understand issues which arise. They are always there at the end of the phone
They dont give any holiday pay when they say they do I asked for my pay to be broken down and sent to me it wasnt waste of time this company and they start getting funny when you find something better I wouldn't ever go back to this company..
RUBBISH AGENCY!! Such a bad agency recruitment with just people who try to lie straight without to think that you’ve work for any single money !!I’ve worked with them for a company and they didn’t pay me one saturday and keep telling me every single day that they have to check with the director and after that will contact me..just every day with the same lies!
Unsupportive and uncaring culture. Back biting and unprofessional atmosphere amongst staff. All about the money and targets with little consideration for those trying to find a decent job through the agency - your just a bit of job filling fodder.
worked at a warehouse in calverton,notts for a 2 days ÂŁ11.00 a day in bus fares so i told then i couldnt afford to go anymore.offered me another position in a warehouse and i said yes..only to forget i had a dentist appointment the day i was going to start and conldnt text or phone them because i have a casual job stewarding.managed to text the guy at 10.00pm after my shift stewarding and said it was unexptable and phoned him next day to say sorry but still wouldnt exept it..no work offered until i phoned them and he answered and i said "any work going" he said im not allowed to work for thorn baker anymore.AVOID AT ALL COSTS.your just a number to them.felt like going to the office and argueing my case...
Thorn Baker are an absolute joke, as are the jobs they provide. Inconsiderate, terrible management, treated terribly by the staff and the sites they work on. Was a gift packer in Loughborough, no concern for the staff or what they need. Thorn baker staff are useless and I'd be surprised if they're qualified for the position they even have. They dont seem to understand that a happy employee is a hard working one. Thorn baker staff are rude and inconsiderate, and don't even know what they are doing themselves. Stay away from this joke of a company.
Pros
None.
Cons
Everything.
you have to work really fast constantly, not stopping for a minute or you wont meet hourly targets. theres a lot of lifting involved. i wouldnt say its boring because youre working so fast you don't think for hours on end. i worked as fast as i could to pack fourteen boxes an hour but it still wasnt good enough, their target was 16. the guy working with me must have asked to swap partners secretly (his job was easier than mine) thinking it would allow him t speed up. they swapped him so i could work with a really slow guy who kept looking at his phone and working slow on purpose. sneaky tactic to say we were far off the target. after three days they fired me. quite annoying since i was genuinely racing to get work done, and id moved to accommodation in loughborough specifically for that job. no job security
Management totally dreadful. So rude and horrible. The pits. Dont work there. Work ok. Too many cowboys not enough indians. Never knew wot to do. Was absolutely freezing. No heat even in canteen.
Pros
Horrible bosses
Cons
My partner has registered and been working with this agency for only a week but already we find fault with the lack of internal communications. He is due to be paid this Friday and no one rang him for all his bank details etc so he rang tbem. They said someone would ring him no one did so he rang again same thing, four times he has had to ring and four times the same thing. Only today he has got through to them properly so let's hope he gets paid!!!
Pros
Cant think of any at this time!
Cons
No communication
Starting as a slinger signaller for them in Wotton Basset. They played around with hours and rates, worked there 2 saturdays aswell and I got paid just 6 hours flat rate 6:30 to 12:30 no overtime rate when they charge the client with 1.5 x my rate. Then refuse to do weekend work, so on last friday the site manager told me that was my last day just because they need someone to do weekends aswell, this agency know about my last day for a week but they didn't said nothing to me, no notice. Do not work for them
Worst company ever as I've worked there and after I complained that I was the only one washing loos out while others watched they said like it or lump it or leave so I left and they still owe me 3 days wages..avoid a1 toilets at hoveringham..they are one off the worse company's I've ever worked for..DONT WAIST YOUR TIME
  1. Employee reviews