THORNBURY Community Services

THORNBURY Community Services Employee Reviews

United Kingdom20 reviews

paysupporthourjobteamshiftstaffcompany

My work experience with TCS so far.

Based on my experience, it is a very systematic and a well established company - that reassures me for working with TCS. From the application and the interview process until the approval to work was very quick and I was given a job right away on the first day. That was very impressive I must say! The pay towards the staff especially if you are a specialist trained is unbelievably high too which compensates very well especially when you travel a little far from your normal day to day travelling. In terms of professional development and improvement, I must say that the bi-annual supervisions were very helpful as in this way you get given the chance to discuss your experiences within the care package and find ways to make it better. My experience towards that was excellent!One of the things that I find however with TCS is the difficulty in joining a new care package especially after the other packages you worked with has ceased. In my last 19 months with TCS, I was given an opportunity to work in several packages near me but unfortunately recently this definitely was not the case. The team seem to have a decline in giving staff ( especially to the "not so regular" ones like me ) another opportunity to join in another package once again. I do understand and took account that due to the pandemic, this probably restricted the allocation of staff to appropriate clients but unfortunately the communications I have had in comparison from when I started TCS regarding work opportunities up to present has definitely diminished. Based on my experience I sometimes find that communication -

Pros

In terms of pay - so far the best rate in comparison to other companies I have worked.

Cons

In terms of work - there's plenty but it's just too far from where I live.

Do not rely on steady work or support

6 months through recruitment, picked for certain packages, no support when lone working, very high risk, communication poor, pay doesn’t cover the risk, no job security. Support workers are not listened to, with any criticism from shifts worked, for better support for packages. Poor service for workers, would replace, with no thought of how it would affect workers, no alternative packages to cover within 200 miles from preferred area.

Insights into THORNBURY Community Services

Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Clear sense of purpose

Stressful with little support

No support when really needed. Toxicity was very present between members of staff who wanted to make sure they received work. Communication between members of the office staff is very poor.

Pros

Good salary

Cons

Very stressful

Stress stress and more stress

Not enough team memebers to help deal with the huge workload that’s there. Very little guidance and help from management and they keep bringing in new business despite team memebers not coping with the work we have

Pros

Friendly team memebers

Cons

Very stressful and huge workload

Great rates of pay and very supportive

I really enjoy working for Thornbury they are very supportive and always plenty of shifts available as long as you don’t mind travelling. If you need to cancel a shifts they are fine about it and equally if you can’t pick a shift up that someone else has cancelled they don’t make you feel guilty and equally pleased when you do pick a shift up.

Pros

Good pay rates flexible working

Great company.

I Can't fault TCS, I only have good things to say from I applied for a position within the company. Quick responses from staffGreat teams Flexibility Shift patterns are great..

Pros

Less days work, great pay

Cons

Longer hours.

Supportive place to work - care about your wellbeing

I am so impressed in how the current situation has been handled and the level of support given to staff. It really restores your faith in that there businesses that really do care about your wellbeing. Great team culture also.

Terrible

Absolutely no understanding. Clinical staff can't answer your questions. When they want something like shifts covered you get call after call. The pay is ridiculous for what you go through. Holiday pay is attached to your wage making it look a good hourly wage its not. The current covid situation do not expect support. The hours are not flexible when they use you on a rolling rota. Rules are being broken throughout a very sad case. Staff crossing professional boundaries. There are brilliant companies out there this is one of the most disappointing no contracts no way of moving up. A complete waste of time

Cons

Great experience and very rewarding

Great working here, nurse who works with my clients is always there when needed. Office staff are great aswell. If you show constincey you will get more shifts and packages. The pay is really good. Clients are lovely to work for and if you enjoy a challenge where no 2 days are the same then this company is the way forward.

Pros

Good experience, rewarding, good pay, communication is good between management and support workers

Cons

Holiday pay included in salary. No bonuses offered

Rcl

If you are a Qualified LD nurse this is a very challenging and rewarding job opportunity. The work is varied with internal Promotion and development opportunities.

Competitive and forward thinking for the health care sector

Shift work patterns for the operations team but other teams are core hours. The business is developing all the time in the health care sector. The company also takes part in fund-raising for a charity each year.

Pros

free fruit boxes delivered twice a week, tea and coffee provided

Cons

Personally only the location. Public transport is roughly every 20/ 30 mins

Great company

Working for thornbury community services is flexible and fits around your life style with very competitive rates of pay. You have support on a twenty four hour basis if you should need it. You are given full training in all aspects of the job

Trusting place to work

Great place to work to develop yourself if you want to. Lots of training is on offer and the management in most teams is hands on. The hours are normal office hours too.

Have to chase work

Never any work near to your area,you live ..you never see your clinical lead nurse if you are ever contacted it is to work ASAP the other side of the country

Fast pace work environment

Everyday was different, dealing with families that need Complex Care in the Community. Due to the nature of the work,. i.e. Community Care it was extremely demanding, but also equally rewarding, at times. The hardest part of the job was prioritising effectively, to ensure first rate care was provided in the Community. The most enjoyable part of the role was to see the impact you were having on families needing Complex Care Support in the Community.

Pros

Very friendly colleagues

Great Company

The people who work for TCS both in the care and back office are passionate about care. The workplace atmosphere is supportive and my work/life balance is great. I feel like I can have a progressive future at TCS with lots of career opportunities

Pros

Work/life balance. Company atmosphere.

Cons

Distance between offices

Internal member of staff. Flexible, approachable and fair. Company genuinely cares about the members of staff and the clients. Lots of perks for working for company both internally and on the books

Good overall experience

Enjoyable team to work with Excellent support on the job Good ongoing training opportunities Past paced environment Shift targets Variable shifts with opportunities for ivertime

Professional

Great pay but long hours & no job security. You work in peoples homes, which might not suit everyone. There also can be long drives to get to clients but mileage is paid.

Great paid temping

Lovely packages in Community. Wages per hr brilliant when you finally get through the long registration process and waiting for a package (could be taken on under false pretences.) Regular but 0 hr contract, so no assurance you'll be there next week, management like to remind you of this. Higher hierarchy full of own importance and only interested if there's a issue, the. The blame game begins.

Pros

Hourly pay rate

Cons

Lack of packages to work in

Ask a question about working or interviewing at THORNBURY Community Services. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement