THORNBURY Community Services

THORNBURY Community Services Employee Reviews

Based on my experience, it is a very systematic and a well established company - that reassures me for working with TCS. From the application and the interview process until the approval to work was very quick and I was given a job right away on the first day. That was very impressive I must say! The pay towards the staff especially if you are a specialist trained is unbelievably high too which compensates very well especially when you travel a little far from your normal day to day travelling. In terms of professional development and improvement, I must say that the bi-annual supervisions were very helpful as in this way you get given the chance to discuss your experiences within the care package and find ways to make it better. My experience towards that was excellent!One of the things that I find however with TCS is the difficulty in joining a new care package especially after the other packages you worked with has ceased. In my last 19 months with TCS, I was given an opportunity to work in several packages near me but unfortunately recently this definitely was not the case. The team seem to have a decline in giving staff ( especially to the "not so regular" ones like me ) another opportunity to join in another package once again. I do understand and took account that due to the pandemic, this probably restricted the allocation of staff to appropriate clients but unfortunately the communications I have had in comparison from when I started TCS regarding work opportunities up to present has definitely diminished. Based on my experience I sometimes find that communication - more...
Pros
In terms of pay - so far the best rate in comparison to other companies I have worked.
Cons
In terms of work - there's plenty but it's just too far from where I live.
I Can't fault TCS, I only have good things to say from I applied for a position within the company. Quick responses from staffGreat teams Flexibility Shift patterns are great..
Pros
Less days work, great pay
Cons
Longer hours.
I am so impressed in how the current situation has been handled and the level of support given to staff. It really restores your faith in that there businesses that really do care about your wellbeing. Great team culture also.
Absolutely no understanding. Clinical staff can't answer your questions. When they want something like shifts covered you get call after call. The pay is ridiculous for what you go through. Holiday pay is attached to your wage making it look a good hourly wage its not. The current covid situation do not expect support. The hours are not flexible when they use you on a rolling rota. Rules are being broken throughout a very sad case. Staff crossing professional boundaries. There are brilliant companies out there this is one of the most disappointing no contracts no way of moving up. A complete waste of time
Cons
Great working here, nurse who works with my clients is always there when needed. Office staff are great aswell. If you show constincey you will get more shifts and packages. The pay is really good. Clients are lovely to work for and if you enjoy a challenge where no 2 days are the same then this company is the way forward.
Pros
Good experience, rewarding, good pay, communication is good between management and support workers
Cons
Holiday pay included in salary. No bonuses offered
If you are a Qualified LD nurse this is a very challenging and rewarding job opportunity. The work is varied with internal Promotion and development opportunities.
Shift work patterns for the operations team but other teams are core hours. The business is developing all the time in the health care sector. The company also takes part in fund-raising for a charity each year.
Pros
free fruit boxes delivered twice a week, tea and coffee provided
Cons
Personally only the location. Public transport is roughly every 20/ 30 mins
Working for thornbury community services is flexible and fits around your life style with very competitive rates of pay. You have support on a twenty four hour basis if you should need it. You are given full training in all aspects of the job
Great place to work to develop yourself if you want to. Lots of training is on offer and the management in most teams is hands on. The hours are normal office hours too.
Never any work near to your area,you live ..you never see your clinical lead nurse if you are ever contacted it is to work ASAP the other side of the country
Everyday was different, dealing with families that need Complex Care in the Community. Due to the nature of the work,. i.e. Community Care it was extremely demanding, but also equally rewarding, at times. The hardest part of the job was prioritising effectively, to ensure first rate care was provided in the Community. The most enjoyable part of the role was to see the impact you were having on families needing Complex Care Support in the Community.
Pros
Very friendly colleagues
Cons
The people who work for TCS both in the care and back office are passionate about care. The workplace atmosphere is supportive and my work/life balance is great. I feel like I can have a progressive future at TCS with lots of career opportunities
Pros
Work/life balance. Company atmosphere.
Cons
Distance between offices
Internal member of staff. Flexible, approachable and fair. Company genuinely cares about the members of staff and the clients. Lots of perks for working for company both internally and on the books
Enjoyable team to work with Excellent support on the job Good ongoing training opportunities Past paced environment Shift targets Variable shifts with opportunities for ivertime
Great pay but long hours & no job security. You work in peoples homes, which might not suit everyone. There also can be long drives to get to clients but mileage is paid.
Lovely packages in Community. Wages per hr brilliant when you finally get through the long registration process and waiting for a package (could be taken on under false pretences.) Regular but 0 hr contract, so no assurance you'll be there next week, management like to remind you of this. Higher hierarchy full of own importance and only interested if there's a issue, the. The blame game begins.
Pros
Hourly pay rate
Cons
Lack of packages to work in