Thornley Groves Estate Agents

Thornley Groves Estate Agents Reviews: Working at Thornley Groves Estate Agents

United Kingdom29 reviews

groveestateagentyearteamworkingcompanyday

Nice place to work but not a great salary

I started in this role as a new career path and enjoyed the job and liked working with the people I was working with & had a nice manager however, unfortunately the salary was quite basic and so had to move back to previous industry I’d worked in.

Generally a great place to work!

Great place to work if you have a good work ethic; you will need to work hard but your efforts will be recognised.Most staff really lovely and generally a great atmosphere most of the time. Management also good. Good facilities like nice kitchen and dining areas.Business is expanding so lots of opportunities to progress.

Pros

Nice offices, Good teams, Most offices have nice kitchen and dining areas, Benefits like birthday off and extra holidays for time with company, Wheel of Fortune prizes, NAEA/ARLA qualification paid for

Cons

Can be stressful during particularly busy periods, Office politics can be frustrating on occasion

Insights into Thornley Groves Estate Agents

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Time and location flexibility
  • General feeling of work happiness

Dynamic and Rewarding

This year will mark my 10 year working anniversary at Thornley Groves Estate Agents. The last decade has seen me not only develop personally but also in my employment; from my early days as a Sales Consultant to my latest role of Assistant Sales Manager. The opportunities at Thornley Groves have always exceeded those of our competitors and the future prospects of the company are something which I’m extremely excited to be part of.

Professional and productive company

I have worked for Thornley Groves for only a short period of time. In this time I have found the whole team, across the spectrum from day one, to be most helpful and willing to engage and listen to your ideas and challenges. You are encouraged to use your own initiative to act and problem solve for yourself and share your experiences with the wider teams. If you want to work in the property market then Thornley Groves are a professional, forward thinking Estate Agent to work for and if you in turn are prepared to put the hard work in, then Thornley Groves will reward you with the success you are looking for.

Pros

Nice offices, ease of working from their different locations.

Cons

Non so far.

productive, fun and friendly

I have worked for Thornley Groves now for several years,within the Swinton Sales team, which has grown from strength to strength.I love my job and working within our Team. No two days are the same,I love meeting new and exciting clients and taking them through their property journey as smooth as possible.I would defiantly recommend joining our fun friendly hardworking team in any of our branches.

Friendly place to work, great atmosphere.

I have recently started working at Thornley Groves after an acquisition. I can honestly say I have been made to feel very welcome by everyone within the company.The offices are modern & vibrant which make coming to work a pleasure. Everyone is encouraged to work hard whilst at the same time you are made to feel valued and appreciated. Each office has a 'spin the wheel' whereby upon great performance a prize can be won, this can be anything from an Amazon voucher to a longer lunch break.Everyone is given an extra days holiday for their birthday and loyalty days for length of service. These little things make all the difference! Senior Management are also very pro - active and approachable.

Productive and fun workplace

Thornley Groves is a fantastic place to work and moving to Manchester in lockdown, I was met with such a friendly and supportive team at the Altrincham branch. I've very much enjoyed my time here so far and feel I have progressed well having only been introduced to the world of estate agency in late 2019. They have great benefits including your birthday off work and company cars in which all being well I will reap the benefits of that in the years to come! I'm progressing well and I'm now beginning to learn to value to further develop my skills into an all-around estate agent. My manager and directors are always pushing me to do more and I really do feel like I am appreciated which is a great feeling. Would recommend working here to anyone. :)

Pros

Birthday off work

Exciting and Fun workplace

I have come from a recent Thornley Groves acquisition and haven't once looked back. The working environment is fun and exciting. The unpredictability of every day means you are never left wanting more. I work both in and out of the office and love engaging with clients and providing the best possible service. Thornley Groves are an excellent company to work for and should be strongly considered by any potential new employee. You won't be left disappointed and If you are looking at selling your property in the area, I promise there is no better Estate Agents to instruct!...

Challenging, rewarding and exciting place to work!

I am proud to be working for the leading Estate Agent in Manchester with many like-minded people. We have a strong team of passionate and motivated individuals, who help make coming to work something to look forward to. The office environment is fast-paced, exciting and competitive. I started as a Lettings Consultant 8 years ago and have been promoted several times throughout my employment, so can confirm first hand that hard work, loyalty and ambition are all recognised and well-rewarded by management. The team/collaborative mentality is very much encouraged, which can often be missing in a sales environment.

Pros

Company Cars, Generous Commissions

Challenging and fast paced environment

After being with the company for over 17yrs I have watched both the business and many members of staff over the years evolve and succeed in the process.

Pros

Vibrant and challenging workplace

Cons

Amazing business to work for, endless opportunities.

Thornley Groves has an amazing team and a great atmosphere in each of their offices. Personally, I have come from no estate agency experience starting in the property management team, then moving over to be a sales consultant and progressing to a property valuer and most recently a sales manager at one of the new offices. Hard work is rewarded, without losing sight of a fun office environment.

Pros

Great team, progression opportunities & continued growth.

Not a great place to work

TG is not a great place to work. The work life balance is terrible, they will ask you to work weekends with very little notice. They have not handled the pandemic very well, most of the employees are afraid of contracting Covid, as Management have not put much precautions in place. The employees are great, but Management is terrible. They do not care about their employees, which results in a very high turnover of staff. Lots of people have left in the middle of a pandemic, because they have found new jobs or some have quit without having a job. If you can handle high stress levels and can the do the work of 2 or 3 people and are willing to ingratiate yourself to Management and Team Leaders, this is the company for you.

Pros

Cons

Too many to list.

Always different

I really enjoy working for Thornley Groves. As there’s so much to do, every day is different and the office has such a great atmosphere to it. I enjoy coming to work as I like both the job and the people I work with. If I have any issues or concerns, I find it easy to approach management and discuss it with them and get a resolution.

Pros

Nice work atmosphere

Cons

Busy summers

Property Manager

Lovely place to work at first. Then changes started. Dismissing management staff.Then staff leaving put further pressure on.They moved,so we all left.

Pros

The rest room/kitchen was well equipped.

Cons

To many Chief's and not enough experience Indians.We we're Expected to work late, but never got anything back fot it, free labour.

Working at Thornley Groves

- Expected to carry out viewings/new enquiries/register applicants/book in valuations/manage your own sales pipeline. - You have to learn a lot from your colleagues as there is no training in place - The hours are long and you are expected to work past these working hours with no days in lieu. - Each day is never the same so it is always busy. - Even though it is a sales environment and you want to get the offers to earn your commission, the people are friendly and helpful.

Cons

Long working hours/low commission

Varied, challenging and rewarding workplace.

Thornley Groves have offered constant support and guidance since I started my career as an estate agent 4 years ago. Every day is varied and the office is a fun and vibrant working environment. They recognise and reward hard work and are lovely people to work for.

Would definitely recommend

I have worked at Thornley Groves for 2.5 years and enjoy my job. The job is fast paced, with an enjoyable work environment. The company offers great support and the opportunity to progress yourself within your job role.

Productive and Fun Workplace

I would describe Thornley Groves as a family unit. It has a very positive working environment. There are challenges like there are in any other job role, however there is a lot of support within the company. My skills and knowledge have increased over the past two years.

Continuous training and professional at all times

I have been with Thornley Groves for the 5 past years having come from an established independent Estate Agent of 16 years so the move for me was significant for my career From the moment I met with the company directors and management team I knew this was the right move. They have all been great, all friendly and approachable and always supportive. If you show commitment and have an appetite for a challenge then you could find yourself working for the city’s leading Estate Agent within a fabulous industry Stuart

Great team, amazing earning potential!

The company has strong values, clear and simple processes that have the customer in mind. Happy, friendly work environment. Some departments can have a very high volume of work which translate into long working hours. Overall the job is rewarding and the company offers a real spectrum of experiences based on the job role undertaken.

Pros

earning potential, customer service, friendly environment

8 happy years with variety and progression

I am currently in my 8th year at Thornley Groves Estate Agents and have never looked back. I have had the pleasure of being able to move around the business in different locations and roles which keeps the job challenging but refreshing. Working with the public and building a rapport with clients is in itself satisfying but by far working alongside my colleagues and managers gives the ultimate job satisfaction.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Thornley Groves Estate Agents. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement