Three

Three Employee Reviews

You have monthly targets/individual meetings based on these targets. It is very stressful. If your targets aren't met for one month you can be put on support even if they were good the month before. Not much freedom as you have to write your entire interaction down with customer and have it checked by management to make sure you're mentioning additional products. Management isn't great. Everyone knows everybody's business. Management talk about staff to other staff. All you hear is gossip. It is hard to escape this job at home as you are on teams, have groupchats with managers that message it out of work hours, have to do modules, stress about targets etc. Processes change all the time so just as you're used to it it will change. Besides all these negatives. It pays really good and three as a company do look after their staff. I've just had bad experience with the area I worked in.
Pros
ÂŁ9 an hour, reward scheme
Cons
Stressful. Bad management. No freedom. Gossip. No escape from job at home. High targets.
I worked for three for 3 years( part time) it was the best place to work for. The management was super cool and professional. I did have a lot of fun working with my colleagues,made new friends.
Pros
Good work ethic, short hours, bonus, good pay
Cons
Working weekends
Undergoing a major period of change some of it not for the better, since new leadership has come in there is a much reduced focused on staff well-being, no acknowledgment of how tough remote working and juggling personal and business demands has been, forcing people to take annual leave, popular wellness Wednesday initiative has been removed to be replaced by an online tool that you can use on a computer screen (brilliant when you consider that people want to get away from a screen not spend more time on one). This was given under the guise of making things fair with retail store staff - all very well until they made another decision that went against this is saying that Christmas Eve could be taken off for office staff but retail would need to arrange to take another time (why not do this for wellness Wednesday too)?Transformation project has been ongoing for a number of years and is slowly starting to go live, it will be interesting if the remainder of the programme does get delivered in 2021 as new leadership demand as company has suffered a major brain drain in last redundancy round.
Pros
People
Cons
Lack of empathy from leadership
I wouldn't recommend this place of work. The place didn't care about people as individuals, just a work force. There was no support. Manager mentioned several times "leave your issues at the door. They restricted what you could do with your person. Make up was limited and dying your hair unnatural colours was prohibited.
Pros
You're paid.
Cons
Manager bullies you.
Used to be at great place to work, but new leadership team have arrived with a sledgehammer. No recognition of loyalty or high performance, if your face doesn't fit, you're out. After 10 years, I didn't get so much as a 'thank you'. Too many egos and not enough true talent.
Pros
Flexible working
Cons
Leadership team
Too much pressure is put on to attach additional products to one sale. They say they want you to be compliant but when they're fully aware someone is miss-selling they'd happily turn a blind eye aslong as they're hitting targets.Bonus can be good but usually if you hit it they'll make it unachievable for the month after.Management tends to be cut throat so no job security. One bad month can lead to being moved store no matter how long you've been there.
Pros
Free SIM contract. ÂŁ200 joining bonus
Cons
Stressful job
Worked for three for a few months, then COVID happened, was still in probation aswell, so my shock horror when I came back from lock down to finish my probation, I had to make x amount of sales to pass my probation... in one month... with no customers wanting to actually come into store for that month, best to say no option was given to extend my probation to make it fair for me, I received no formal training from managers and was told to hand my notice in or be dropped then and there for failing probation.... this was not a situation I could prevent, this was unfair and unprofessional management and am now struggling to find employment within these hard times. So if you value you wage do not work for a company that do not care about you and your well being.
Pros
Free SIM card, pay is decent depends on what store you are in and what band it is
Cons
Management needs changing
Having experienced first-hand to what I'd describe as my best job, Three strives to perfect the business relations between its customers, network and broadbanding as well as in-store service and communication. I worked there for little under a year (10 months at most) and undoubtedly, my favourite part of each day was the team. My work colleagues and I all got along well - similar age, interests and so on. My assistant manager was always a blessing as humor and general conversation with them was nothing but appreciated, alike the same with my team. However, what first seemed like a perfect opportunity to grow in to a genuine career, like most reviews with Three, it was snubbed and ruined by the likes of poor management. My Store Manager, although what he thought to be "Helpful", "Doing us a service" and "Productive" in the workplace with nothing but a nightmare. Though having a sizeable amount of experience within Customer Service, I've never seen anything like I did at Three, both in the store I worked, and company-wide. Thoughout the time of my employment with Three, I began to notice a common trend in the upper-hierarchy of the business. That being, "NUMBERS", simply. All those wanting to start at Three will have to attend a 3 day training course to expand your knowledge on Customer Service, Satisfaction and Store/Business Equity. During these training periods, you'll be taught the key elements of WHAT you should do and expect, and WHY you should. Yet despite these teachings, what I experienced in my job was nothing but the complete opposite! We had been taught to - more...
Pros
Friendships, Pay, Social Interaction, Opening/Closing Times
Cons
Management, Hierarchy, Workplace, Professionalism
It’s a good job but very stressful and not very good work/life balance as you are required to work extra hours if it’s busy, which you don’t get paid for. Very strict in terms of rules and what you can and cannot do, feels like you’re being kept on a leash.
Pros
Pay, Bonus, Company Benefits, Colleagues
Cons
Stressful, Work-Life Balance, Strict on Rules
Working at three is not for everyone. Although the payment is amazing and you get bonuses, the work environment is awful and management constantly prove that they do not care about their employees. If you do not perform to their completely unreasonable standards, you get fired. As simple as that.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Awful work culture
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Three?
Very fast paced and decision keep changing constantly. You will need to be able to think on your feet and be flexible to things changing constantly. Do not get too attached to your personal work as may need to let it go at short notice.
Three is a nice place to work, with high standards, it allows you to develop your personal skills such as confidence building such as talking to customers and rapport building.
Lots of opportunities if you get into the right project. A lot to learn and grow. Pays decently. Fast-paced deliveries in some of the projects. Overall good.
Disfunctional, competitive leadership held afloat by hard working people Always striving to achieve tough goals New leadership coming New leadership
Three is a leading mobile operator with the must 5G spectrum. Highly focused on employees and offer great benefits. Three is at the forefront of technology
Management are organised and well structured. Training is provided on site and nice to work as part of a small compact team that work together to achieve targets. Staff gathering were good and all inclusive which is always a bonus. Employee recognition is high.
Loved my time with Three. Great company that looks after its staff, Great people to work with and learned lots about recruitment there. Regret leaving but had to in order to further career.
I am so glad I left this company they are shocking to work for mainly the management they don't care about what you have going on in your personal life or how it affects you all they want is for you to do overtime and they put so much pressure on you if your not hittimg targets you have to have a meeting. would I recommend working for three deffo not so that's a big (NO)
Collaborative and friendly workforce Inclusive management team Real agile delivery Flexible working Excellent day rate Interesting project and programmes
management team are horrible. They always break policy or mis sell in order to reach targets and make bonus. The money is good but its defo not worth it. Always so much pressure being put on you, if you're not selling enough you'll be put on performance support
I started of as a sales assistant, helping customers to find different phones or tablet deals. It was enjoyable being the first to see all the latest technology that comes out and getting to demo the products to each customer. The hardest part of the job is remembering all the features of the different devices and explaining the benefits to the customers.
Pros
Benefits include, free SIM card
Cons
Must work on weekends or during busy periods
  1. Employee reviews