Three
Happiness score is 45 out of 100

Three Employee Reviews

United Kingdom195 reviews

targetprogressionbonusmobilesalehitstorecolleague

Fast paced and competitive environment

Fast paced and competitive environment. It’s KPI driven sales job. The management and team are very helpful and supportive. From day 1 you will get everything needed to succeed in the role.

Decents perks if you want them!

All in all a great compamy to work for, only leaving as commute is too severe with fuel costs. Sometimes feels like if a store is out of the way the team seem to be forgotton about

Pros

Great incentives

Cons

Different teams dont work together

Insights into Three

Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Energising work tasks

Worse place to work

Exream toxic place to work, only care about the sales, with out any support. You are just a number. No chance for honest workers, good place if you are good with politics. No appreciation, even though you work hard.

outgoing workplace

slow paced , nice talking to customers a typical day at work repeat same thing working hours are not to long so thats a plus and you recieve relatively high pay/salary overall good job

Pros

free lunch

Cons

can be fast paced

Good people

Enjoy working for Three. If pay was better I would never leave. Management good and lots of progressing available in retail. Bonus is fair and achievable but as stated before, basic salary is probably behind other similar roles.

It’s fine for a part time

Job is okay, pay is okay but could be better. Bonus is okay if u get it. Hardly any benefits working at three besides a free phone and sim u get. Management is okay but upselling is encouraged. It can be stressful to meet unrealistic targets Lack of work-life balance but team is good.

Awful place

Mismanaged from the top down. Targets rise whilst footfall fell to the lowest levels I’ve seen in the industry, ensuring you’re targeted out of bonus. Encouraged miselling to try and stay out of the RMs bad books. Pay is lower than all other high street phone retailers.

Pros

Cons

Pay, lack of bonus, management.

It's ok

Some good people, some very bad with questionable morals. Targets can be ridiculous and how they come up with them in this difficult times for a struggling high street is debatable. Systems are an absolute joke and embarrassing at times. The company also allow stores to have to compete with third party website deals against much higher in-store deals that we have no way to match.

Pros

Good discounts

Relaxed, great management, amazing people to work with and made friends for life. Only downside is that there is a lot of favouritism which leads to lack of progress.

Soul destroying

Awful company to work for. The pretend they believe in wellness, but they don't. Direction from upper management is completely absence, ridiculous targets and next to no support.

Pros

Home time.

Cons

Awful targets, ridiculous regulations, quality of customers

Pretty good

The management was nice. It was very sales driven and sometimes there were lot's of people but we all got along well and were able to handle it. The managers were very polite and friendly.

Pros

Friendly

Cons

Stressful

Too much pressure

There is way too much stress and micromanagement, definitely not worth it. You are expected to work overtime, be there at 8:30 and leave whenever the last customer leaves.

Pleasant and supportive company

Worked at Three for 8 years, progressed from sales to management. If you’re willing to get involved, make your hard work noticable and give it a few years they are a willing company to promote fairly from within. The job can be very fast paced but also relaxed dependent on the day. The company was always very supportive and put an importance on upskilling over replacing people. In my experience most retail environments have a shared ethic.

Pros

Supportive and inclusive

Cons

Nothing you wouldn’t find anywhere

High pressure but high reward

As a store manager there are a lot of expectations of what you need to do each day, so you are always busy. It is a very intense job but you are rewarded if you hit targets. there are also very often incentives to earn additional money on top of normal monthly bonus.

Fun workplace

Loved working here, competitive at times but only downfall is how slow business is but I guess that’s it everywhere nowadays, management and staff were really supportive.

As long as your team are good, it'll be perfect!

I've worked in a number of stores under a number of different managers and within different teams during my time at Three and some are wildly different to others. Some expect you to hard sell like your life depends on it (even to vulnerable customers) while other stores and managers are about what's right by the customer. I enjoy my role within the company but it's true what they say about good management influencing good teams.

Pros

Phone allowance, discounts at other companies, great teams, monthly bonus

Cons

Expectancy to hard sell in some stores

Great

Really loved it here, great team and great management. Worked here for over a year, really lovely first job with great pay and good benefits. Would recommend

Demanding managers. Not willing to promote the stuff

Very demanding manager. Never put you in a place to progress within the company even if you are talented. If you are looking for a temporary part time job it’s a good place.

Cons

Fun to work for if you're a favourite

I worked at three for the best part of a year. started in one store and worked in at least 3 other stores.I really enjoyed my time there and everyone was amazing and welcoming.

Pros

Discount, staff members.

Cons

work life balance. Progression leaning more towards favourites than hard workers.

Fun place to work and really relaxed atmosphere with staff, but definitely stressful at times especially with targets

Would recommend it to anyone who has had experience in sales or retail, had a fun time overall but not for someone who is easily stressed out or has anxiety

Not for me

Although the shop atmosphere was relaxed. It was stressful at the same time as everyone on shift used to practically jump on whoever walked in to get a sale. Manager employed too many people so targets were unachievable with so many people on shift at a time. Went for training and explained to the trainer about mental health issues stopping me from participating in a certain activity. The trainer proceeded to tell the manager a completely different story and I was told off like a child and given a disciplinary when back in store. This is not acceptable at all.

Pros

Uniform, relaxed

Cons

Lack of understanding mental health issues, targets, stressful

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Three. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement