Thurrock Council
Happiness score is 55 out of 100

Thurrock Council Employee Reviews

United Kingdom68 reviews

councilteamstaffexperiencegooddayhourworking

Working at sites , management locally good

Worked carrying out assessments to Council set standards at various sites. Training via buddy system good due to the staff. Frequently given the chance to feedback.

Pros

Friendly staff

Cons

Support from higher management not easy to access

Management unsupportive

Other staff were excellent to work with, however management always had some issue we had to bare the brunt of. Even when it was an issue the management caused in the first place.

Insights into Thurrock Council

Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Energising work tasks
  • Sense of belonging

Relaxed working environment

Was a very relaxed environment to work in. Management told you what was needed from you and you got on with it. If there was any issues management was always available to help

Pros

Relaxed, good salary

not doog

Pet first it was a good place to work in time there was a load of backstack bit backstabbing and homophobia going on this is why I left could not stand it no more I tried to tell the management but they just laughed and told me to go away

Stressful and unsupported

No support. Top management don’t want to know anything. Coordinators never answer the phone when you have a problem. Constantly being moved from one round to another. No one listens to your point of view even tho you’re the one on the front line. Pay is low. And when everyone else were getting bonuses they cut our money down by £100 a month!!

Pros

Cons

Absolutely no support

Nice place to work, shame about the overall management.

Working at the council was fun and enjoyable, some days would be busier than others but generally it was a good all round place to work. The most difficult thing was being called up very short notice to cover a shift, when someone went off sick

Disfunctional

Senior managers are not collaborative. Very poor leadership culture. Staff do not act as a team in certain departments. Meetings very unprofessional. Not focused on delivery.

Pros

Pay and working hours

Cons

Poor leadership, communication and not able to develop a strategic approach

Fun + Great hours

Daily routine would include going to depot to get 3.5 ton truck, loading it up with tools and then driving to site. I learned to operate all types of grounds maintenance tools such as strimmers, mowers, hedge trimmers, even the ride on mower.

Pros

Good People

Cons

Same thing everyday

Cheap labour

No career prospects for apprentices, just used as cheap labour. Once your apprenticeship is over they just end your contract and get a replacement. This is not just my experience.

Pros

Work from home

Cons

pay

Work for council care home

If you love working for vulnerable with mental health issues and dementia people you’ll be happy to be here. The job is not for everyone who’s looking for a job position. The job is more than a job and you have to be a very special and love people, to deal with any difficult situation properly. Sometimes the days are great and amazing and you can be very happy but sometimes are sad because of loss. You have to be strong emotionally and be prepared for any kind of stress.

Pros

Amazing residents, amazing carers and great management

Cons

working weekends

Excellent, supportive and motivational leadership

Having worked there for 30 years, it is a great place to work. Links to london make it easy to commute. It's a place that looks ahead and keeps up with other businesses to ensure it gets the best out of its staff and the best service for it's residents. Training opportunities are there and promotion prospects are good. It's busy but fun and relaxed at the same time.

Pros

5 mins to station, 25 minutes to Fenchurch street station in London, staff benefits.

Cons

Can't think of any.

Fun place

Enjoy every minute of working with my customers. Enjoyed the laugh and banter my customers laugh, enjoyed the activities we did. The work was hard but worth every minute.

Fantastic place to work

#TeamThurrock are the best! Incredible experienced operational staff that work collaboratively with a wealth of specialist knowledge. Everyone does their best to support each other!

Pros

Flexible working

Flexible

Excellent career progression. Enjoy the flexibility in working patterns. Great in house training. Friendly colleagues. In the city centre. Parking is an issue.

vote counting

vote counting always evenings, its temp work on voting days only.. so couple times a year.. rate of pay varies between council's and thurrock isn't the best .

Good place to work and develop career wise .

It was a great experience during my working days in Thurrock. Good team work. Thurrock offered regular trainings and support net work . Thurrock welcomes ethnic diversity and good cultural and religious values and beliefs. Thurrock is a good place to work.

Flexible working is a saint!

I will say at the beginning of starting my position everything was very slow to get started. Application was long process!! Applied for my job in May and didn't start until August! Staff were all super friendly and environment was very relaxed. Only downside was work load was quite slow and didn't feel I got what I wanted out of the position. Would definitely recommend working here. Pay and pension are good and flexible working makes you feel like you aren't restricted if you have an emergency to deal with that happens during working hours.

Face Pace yet rewarding

I manage a team of Housing Solutions Officers who deal with clients who are homeless or threatened with homelessness. The job can be rewarding when the staff assist in finding alternative homes for their clients. I supervise, carry out casework management, one to ones and also their wellbeing

I went back so that has to say something

Really happy having returned to this employer! Flexible & remote working encouraged. Good management and great CPD opportunities. Monthly 121s are productive. generous holiday entitlement and great staff benefits

Job

Hectic and rewarding, Lots of paperwork Meeting new people every day Targets to meet but was allowed to take work home and have an office home day

It was nice.

I did a two week work placement in the IT department as an IT assistant. I primarily worked within the second line support team. I learned a lot about computer repairs, and how IT departments work. I feel like I can't accurately rate some aspects of the company, as I only worked there for a short time for my unpaid work placement.

Pros

Nice co-workers.

Cons

Can't really think of any, to be honest.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Thurrock Council. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Thurrock Council with

Thurrock Council reviews by location

Learn about Thurrock Council in popular locations

• Thurrock Council
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?