Tim Hortons

Tim Hortons Employee Reviews

I work in the gate lodge cafe and it is very out going although have to say any time I’ve been in any tim hortons I’ve always had a great experience and never been let down
Pros
Very clean
Cons
Where do I start....Do not work here unless you want to be mentally drained and felt like you are only a number. I worked here for 3 months and it felt like a year. Management would always try and out rank each other. You would never get any help if you were on FOH as Drive-thru got the priority. They make you feel like you aren’t working at all when you are trying your best. They pick at you for the littlest things as all they cared about was their bonus and “it is a fail on the REV”. They would cut your hours but part time staff got more hours as they abused the 6 hour contract. I’d stay clear from here unless you can take a mental beating.
Pros
Learn New Skills
Cons
Avoid this place! management is dreadful...They overwork you , make you feel like you owe them. No free meals. Never got breaks most days. Hardly any time off , long hours...basically a nightmare of a place to work.
Pros
Easy location to get to.
Cons
I loved the job. We were all trained on the different stations. All looked smart in the uniforms. The best station I worked on was the slush machine as I loved making the different flavours
Pros
Discount
Cons
Hair net but it was needed
Poor and lazy management that chastise and direct the staff to do work but so few times lift their hands themselves. I was employed as a manager and left within a year due to the complete mismanagement of labour and inability to understand when we require bodies in the building, often understaffing us by sending people home to save coin. You have a 50/50 chance of your food being the correct temperature or being handled with bare hands the whole way to your bag.
Pros
Eye opening experience.
Cons
Verbal harassment, health and safety protocols ignored in place of speed of service.
I was hired as a shift manager and paid as a team member without knowing. It was constantly busy and stressful, the staff were never delegated tasks very well and management was just a shambles. Place was run so poorly, no consideration for how the staff felt. There was nowhere to take your break, nowhere for the staff to sit on their break at all. Very disappointing workplace.
Pros
half price
Cons
no break area, unsociable hours
They treat you like slaves0 hous contract meant you could have either no hours or to many Managers are all rude and dont care about your feelings So strict about everythingTo much pressureMake you do 13.5 hours with no break if its busy Worst place to work
Pros
No pros
Cons
They treat you like slaves
If you work here, expect no social life if you’re full time. Very rarely will you get weekends off, you’ll be doing so much for only minimum wage. At a certain time, about 4pm, it’s only 1 staff member, and a manager. So if it’s very busy after that, then you’re stressed and running around like a headless chicken. This place has been the same since day one. Avoid at all costs absolutely awful. Avoid at all costs
Pros
If you’re a manager and need the money, you’ll be doing like 50hrs a week at 9.30hr
Cons
No social life, no work/life balance, hardly any weekends off
the whole place is such a shambles, no one has any idea what’s actually going on and who’s in and who can come in and literally basic things are completely ignored and corners are cut at every single chance. tip jar poured into till and then till reported as up so no tips ever given.
Pros
no one noticed if you took food
Cons
you’d get fired if you were caught
I worked for Tim Hortons for 4 weeks on manager training. We left at store with other Team members. They were not intend to give us training. You not allowed to have meal, You will get told off from the day 1. If u made complaint for anyone rude behaviour or stealing food or manager coming late to their shifts. You might face straight away termination without any reasons.
Pros
There is no benefits to work with Tim Hortons Uk
Cons
Dishonest, fake advertisement, gang of crooks management, very unprofessional
Managers and head office don’t care about staff. If they can’t afford to keep staff on then they will fire them for smallest reasons. Could get no shifts one week then couple hours the next. Poor pay. Really bad franchise to work for. DO NOT RECOMMEND.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Bad company. Bad management. Bad salary.
I worked at Tim Hortons for very little time before leaving as it was unbearable. I started looking for new jobs as soon as my first shift was over. I was given no training at all and had no concept of how the shop was ran but was constantly shouted at to speed up and given very unclear instructions. The staff were unfriendly and quite obviously talked about the new people behind their backs. Was very unimpressed with the manager as he did not ask me for any feedback on why or even acknowledge that I was leaving which felt very petty and unprofessional. Staff also didn’t care at all about using separate knives/tongs for vegetarian/vegan foods and when suggested that they did was shouted at again. The whole place was extremely unorganised eg nothing was stocked up in advance for the busy times which added to the unnecessary stress of working in a subpar coffee shop. Would absolutely not recommend working here to anyone even if it was the last/most well paid job in the world.
Pros
Not a single good thing about it
Cons
After working here, it is not surprising that there are constant vacancies advertised! Most staff are forced out by God-awful management unless you are lucky enough to make it on the favourites list. Make no mistake as managers will belittle and slander you within the workplace, making the job a misery. Mistakes are especially difficult to avoid when so little training is given. Other arragements? Forget them! Have your shifts changed last minute and be given an unauthorised absence for attending exams or weddings you requested off months in advance!!! Absolutely no care for staff's personal arrangments. Shifts can only be covered if the GM likes the person you have asked to take over your shift! Unpaid 20 minute break if scheduled to work over 6 hours. Managers are in charge of clocking you back in after a break and so you may begin working again and continue to be unpaid for it! Most times staff will be scheduled to work 6 hours, thus will not be given a break, but will still be expected to work over that time to complete menial tasks. The same break also applies to those working 12 hour shifts. Daily rest breaks are disregarded, many are forced to work until 11pm and are then scheduled to work at 7am the next day. No regard for the health of customers and staff. Protocols not followed as staff constantly work around food whilst ill. Staff are not trained in first aid and are not taught how to handle stock stacked up high, but are still expected to put their lives in danger. Spare your physical and mental health and stay away from this company. You will be overworked, - more...
Pros
50% off
Cons
one of the worst companies I have ever worked for, do not put your health and mental wellbeing through this experience! In violation of countless Food Hygiene measures, disgusting place to work. All about money and sales no consideration for staff... holiday plans? forget them!
Tim Hortons job is so amazing . I like customer service . I like baking too. It was a fun . Learning all the time differing things was interesting .learning cash work was amazing .
My experience here was mostly positive although i can accept that several had bad experiences. They were starting to find their feet when i started so i had an overall good time. Management and district management were great. The boy were very supportive and honest about where the company was at and what they needed from us. The company will suffer from losing them. That actual work has moments of quiet and a relaxed atmosphere as long as you step up when the pace quickens you'll get on fine. Mistakes are made but it's important to remember that at the end of the day its only coffee and donuts.
The Management was Terrible and they never Helped Employees when really needed whether that be Low Staff or not letting time off for School it was very upsetting
Overall the job can be done anyone but you should expect delayed payments, underpaid work and head office being clueless (after all Indians are running it what do you expect... )
Its a good job however you have to be prepared to get stressed at times because of the busy times however this can only be resolved by the workers around you. You must motivate each other to work better and make sure managers are doing what they should be.
Working at Tim Hortons was a good starter job to give you experience, do I see it as a long running job? No, I don't. Why? Because they honestly in my experience don't really care much for staff members lives outside work. If you're sick, or struggling with personal issues they don't really care, atleast higherups don't. I was lucky enough that my manager was so nice and understanding but that didn't change how the company saw things. As for pros you get 50% on shift discounts, and 25% off shift discount. I was given minimal training I sort of figured alot out for myself, another con is sometimes managers aren't as patient when training, if you mess up they will not take it lightly. This was just who I worked with though this may not be for everyone. I was let go due to personal issues and higher ups didn't give a single care about it. I was papped out, failing my probation because of this. The hours are bad. If you're part time you probably won't get much hours. this was a big problem which lead to alot of people leaving when I was there, I also considered leaving because of this. The pay is decent for 16-18 year olds £5.90 an hour was what I was given which is more than minimum wage. I think personally working here the hardest part is rush hours, they get really busy but apart from this its a piece of cake. The best thing was the people I worked alongside, this made things so much better.
I have learned so many things at Tim Hortons Good teem work I do multi task there I got good colleagues there We working in very good team I like to work at Tim Hortons
  1. Employee reviews