Timeout Childrens Homes Ltd

Timeout Childrens Homes Ltd Employee Reviews

United Kingdom34 reviews

Challenging and rewarding

Timeout are a great company to work for (I have worked for several others). I enjoy coming into work every day knowing that everyday will be different. My manager and team are supportive and encourage my development. I have achieved personal growth and developed many skills. The role can be difficult at times, but it's worth it when you think of the difference you are making in those children's lives. Due to the nature of the job being stressful and difficult, adequate support is provided.Regular training is provided to ensure that everyone is capable and supported to deliver quality care.

17 March 2021
Thank you so much for your review!We love to see our employees and children grow and excel!

Timeout Homes is a rewarding place to work.

Timeout Homes is a fun refreshing place to work, with a great office environment. I have clear instructions from my manager and feel it is easy to ask any questions or queries regarding my work.I am learning all the time and this is amde easier by the staff that surround me.

Pros

Good guidance from my manager. Friendly work environment. Clean airy workspace.

Cons

no cons.

17 January 2022
Hi,It's great to hear how much you are learning and enjoy your working environment. Our values are aligned with taking every opportunity to learn; and use this knowledge to change children's lives.

Unsupportive, negative work environment

I have worked for the company for 3 years now and I do not feel supported in my role. I have often had times after a hard incident where no support was given. They appear to employ anyone. Some managers are great some are awful and unsupportive.

Pros

Enjoy working with the children

Cons

Large work load No support Negative environment

14 January 2022
Hi there,We are sorry to hear that you feel this way and would encourage you to discuss this with your manager or please call through / email hello@timeouthomes.co.uk so we can discuss this further.We know the role can be difficult, and have many supportive measures in place including therapeutic de-briefs, counselling services, in-house clinical team, supervision and training programmes on supporting and de-escalating incidents.

I have been working at Timeout Homes for 2 years and have never looked back. The work-life balance is amazing and relationships within my team are incredibly strong. There is a real sense of family culture within staff and the company offer great opportunities for improving skills and advancement. Would highly recommend.

Pros

Relationships with colleagues, rewarding role

Cons

Excellent company/ meaningful and rewarding job

I have now worked at Timeout for over five years. When i first went for the interview the job role excited me however, i did question if this would be the job for me i can honestly say that i have never looked back and continue to love my job. The shift system of 48 hours on per shift may not be for everyone but it does work well for me and my family. The long shifts allows you the time to really get stuck into the job role and build robust and meaningful relationships with the young children whom reside within the homes. I feel throughout my time at Timeout i have always been supported and feel as though i have been treated as an individual and not just another employee. The children receive a very high standard of care and in my experience the staff in the different homes and the children all become very close and all form a 'family' bond. Training is provided through the company this is delivered online and in person and on some occasions external educators are brought into the setting to deliver specific training.I would say this an excellent job role for anyone who is wanting to make a meaningful difference to a young persons life.

Pros

Friendly company, rewarding/meaningful job.

Creative and compassionate with care

From my initial contact at application stage, through to the interview process and my first 6 months of being employed I have been made to feel so welcome and well held within the organisation. The staff team and management have been incredibly warm and friendly, which is essential in this area of work that can be challenging and emotionally draining at times. I am grateful to be working alongside a team that holds the children and young people at the heart of the organisation, with core values in striving to offer the best care, support and opportunities possible.

Pros

Caring teams, opportunities for development, Good core values

Cons

Nothing negative to report

Okay for a short term job

A good company if you are looking for a short term job. Very rewarding due to the nature of the children. Can be a stressful job with not much support or encouragement.

Pros

Lunch provided

Cons

Working overtime with no pay

25 March 2021
Hi,Thank you for your review, we always appreciate all and any feedback that can give insight into any area's of improvement.We do not feel this is a suitable role for people looking for a short term job; this is due to the attachments that the children can form with our members of staff which is significant in the children and young people's development.We are sorry to hear that you did not feel you had much support or encouragement and would love to hear about this further; we are always looking at ways to improve employee satisfaction.We are also very surprised to read that you were not paid for overtime; and would like to look into this further also.Please email hello@timeouthomes.co.uk if you wish to discuss this further.Thank you

Challenging, rewarding and supportive

Timeout has a supportive and family-feel culture which alongside its child-centred and trauma-informed approach, puts the wellbeing of staff at it's centre. As a bank worker, I am able to work flexibly which encourages a great work-life balance around my commitments, yet I am still integrated as a valued member of a team alongside core carers. Home managers have been continuously supportive of my wellbeing, development and integration into the company which has allowed me to feel effective and prepared to face any challenges. Timeout also offers regular and good quality training which is interesting, relevant and accessible.I have so far had a positive experience at Timeout and I am looking forward to developing within my role.

Pros

Wellbeing support, training, excellent management

Cons

Long hours, last-minute shifts/staff changes

17 March 2021
Thank you so much for taking the time to write us a review!Your feedback is really important to us!

Good place to work for experience and progression

This is a role that I didn’t see myself in a long time ago however it is one of the best decisions I have made. I have learnt so much in this role as a therapeutic carer, from the children and the teams. My manager is very supportive of my career progression and guiding me to develop my skills in many areas. The job is stressful and emotional at times however due to the high level of support you receive throughout the organisation, you are able to manage this well. The organisation is always looking at how it can improve and open to all ideas and is very innovative and forward thinking in relation to therapeutic care for children and young people. It is the most challenging but rewarding jobs I have done and love to see the positive impact we have on changing children and young peoples lives for the better to give them a more positive path in life.

Pros

Team spirit. Self rewarding. Progression.

Cons

Sleep ins. Long shifts. Stressful situations.

17 March 2021
We love supporting and helping our employees throughout Timeout. We really value your feedback!

Excellent place to work

The company has a real family feel and invests in its employees. They offer continuous training to all staff to keep them up to date. They promote health and wellbeing for all the employees and offer excellent company benefits. There is a real welcoming feel to the company and everyone who I have dealt with, has been extremely approachable and more than willing to help when asked, this includes the senior managers. All in all a great place to work with a decent salary.

17 March 2021
We are passionate about our family values and we try to promote this through our employees and children.Thank you so much for your review!

Fantastic clear career progression

What a fab company to work for!Everything is values focussed and every decision is based around the welfare and safeguarding of the children. There are not many companies like this.If you are passionate about changing a child’s life then this is the place for you.

Pros

Flexibility, rewarding and amazing progression

17 March 2021
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We really value for your feedback!

Rewarding and fulfilling!

I work in HR and Recruitment and I thoroughly enjoy my role. My work is varied and every day is different. Timeout gives me every opportunity to really excel in my role which I love. I find my overall role very fulfilling and rewarding. My manager and team are extremely supportive. I love our values and culture as an organisation and I admire everyone's passion to make a significant impact at Timeout. Progression and development is something Timeout thrives off, which I believe plays a huge part of why we have such an amazing team and a successful organisation.

Pros

Free tea, coffee, onsite parking, sociable hours

18 February 2021
A happy and diverse work force is something we value as an organisation. Supporting each and every one of our employees is very important to us- we are very happy you love working with us!Thank you so much for your review!

Amazing Workplace

Timeout has a family feel culture.Everyone knows everyone and everyone cares.The progression opportunities are fantastic. The job is rewarding whether you work in the office, homes or schools.

16 February 2021
Progression and development is something Timeout is very passionate about. I am glad you feel apart of our family feel and diverse culture.We love to hear our job roles are found rewarding.Many thanks for your review!

Rewarding role with loads of development opportunities

I think TimeOut are a great company to work for. I love my job and feel that i am given the autonomy to make decisions in my role. I have a great team, and manager who supports me to develop in my role so i can give the best level of care to the children as possible. The role can be difficult at times, but it's worth it when you think of the difference you are making in those children's lives.

Pros

The children, training, development opportunities, my team

18 February 2021
Thank you for your review.Our roles at Timeout can be very challenging at times but we do believe all our roles are very rewarding also. It is nice to know you feel like you make a significant difference to a child's life.

Good teamwork, organised, productive

I love the job and wouldn't want to change it anytime soon, it can be challenging at time but it is also rewarding when you see the development and achievements that has been made in these young children. You build a bond like you would for your own children. Company is very supportive and organised, not an easy business to run but they manage to keep on top, proud to be employed by Timeout.

Pros

a few days off inbetween shifts

9 April 2020
Thank you for taking the time to write your review and we are glad you enjoy working with us. Yes, it can be a challenging role but one which has rewards – especially when a child is seen to make progress (sometimes only small steps to us but they can be huge for the child). We agree, there is a bond between Carers and the children. This is why we look for those who commit to the role.

Great

Fantastic place to work. Always encouragement to learn and progress. Competitive salary. Child centred approach with a clear drive for everyone involved to success and achieve

9 April 2020
Thank you for taking the time to write your review and we are glad you enjoy being a part of our team. All of our colleagues are encouraged to develop and progress, not only in a training capacity (online and in-house classroom based training) but also through sharing experiences with other teams and staff - can be discussed in team meetings or even on our in-house social networking tool.

Appalling company no care for children or staff

I've seen 8 people leave through stress and bullying in the workplace The children are not a priority tho they talk a good talk There is one manager who has lost her entire team twice over because she is incapable yet they will let good staff leave to keep a woman who has no experience. you are not paid for the hours you do there is conflict every month. no balance you have to do overtime because so many staff have left. hou are not trained appropriately before put in post.

Pros

children are amazing

Cons

everything else

27 January 2021
Hi there,Thank you for your feedback.It is always useful to hear how our employee's feel whether this be positive or negative.We would like to hear more about your experience so we can make positive changes, please email careers@timeouthomes.co.uk

Great culture and lots of opportunities

I love working for TimeOut, it really feels as though i am part of something. Not only with the extremely rewarding work that they do, but the family feel through out the entire business. The company really want everyone to succeed through their own personal development and are extremely supportive with this.

16 February 2021
Thank you very much for taking your time to write us a review. We believe every one who is a part of Timeout makes a significant impact to the organisation which we truly appreciate and value.We always want to see everyone succeed!

Better companies out there

All they are bothered about is heads on beds. Couldnt care less about their staff as they have no support when it’s needed, hence why staff turnover is sky high! You are constantly moved from home to home sometimes on numerous occasions in one day. The operations manger is rude, judgmental and very critical of your work, but doesn’t offer you support. The on call system does not work as you have one on call person for the 12 homes they have.

16 February 2021
Thank you very much for taking the time to write us a review. We are very sorry you have not had the best experience at Timeout and we are always looking to improve our services. Your feedback is very important to us, we will definitely review this.

Great to work for

I have been with timeout for 12 months now and really enjoyed my time here. The work is hard and challenging, but also rewarding. The staff are great to work with and readily available to help you with any problems if they can. The Managers and Senior Managers are great to work for/with, and are fair and understanding.

16 February 2021
Thank you so much for your review, it is nice to hear you are having a great experience working at Timeout. We like to believe all of our roles can be very challenging but also very rewarding. A supportive team is something we promote therefore we are glad you recognise this.

Growing organisation with good values

I have worked for this company for nearly 13 years now and watched it grow from a small family run business to much more. It values its employees and has great opportunities for growth. The work life balance suits me great although this is not to everyone's taste as you are having to sleep away from home and family, however I find the rota system to work well and there is flexibility there as well. In my years I have never been stood down from my planned shifts. There are benefits like health insurance, company meals out. There is a good enough amount of holidays to take as the salary is competitive. Over the years the company supported my needs in child care by planning my rota well. I wouldn't be here that long if it would not all be true.

16 February 2021
Thank you very much for your review. It is nice to see how our growth and progression is recognised, we value each and every one of our employees. We will always try to accommodate and improve our employees work life balance.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Timeout Childrens Homes Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Timeout Childrens Homes Ltd
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?