Timpson Ltd
Happiness score is 47 out of 100

Timpson Ltd Employee Reviews

United Kingdom272 reviews

shoeengravingshopschemebonusbranchcolleaguekey

Skilled job but poor pay

Work for 9, paid for 8. Dont get time to take that 1 hour break though. Minimum wage plus for experienced staff and managers. You may earn bonus, you may not. Overtime is usually paid at about £15 a day plus your usual daily rate.

Good for one year no progression

Good place to work as you learn different skills but impossible to get more training in areas your interested!Holiday homes are advertised but the chance of securing the holiday homes away from the UK is impossible.Area Managers are ok as they leave you alone to get on with the job but becareful because if your good at your job they stop you from becoming more than a shop manager .It's just a job not a career I used to think otherwise . The pay is basic minimum wage for maximum effort at times .Customers can be great depending on the area of your shop but they could also try your patience.Top tip !! keep a distance of a few feet from some of the customer that get aggressive when you tell them a price of a product or service as they can try to get physical ! There are no panic buttons so no body can help you if your working alone in a shop , worse case scenario you have plenty of tools at your disposal in the shop to defend yourself if needed! So get creative 😄!! After a few years of working in customer service you can assess who is a problem customer within the first few seconds of them talking to you . Time of voice Eye contact Body language plays a major key in a person's true intentions so be aware .You can get a few karrens (male and female but mostly female ) complaining about prices of items In the shop and blaming it on you even though you personally don't set the price , I figure they are just sad people that need to vent so when this happens just turn on the loudest machine in the shop and look busy and they will soon leave 😂.Disclaimer ( only do this -

Pros

You not homeless

Cons

10 HR shift working lunch

Insights into Timpson Ltd

Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Sense of belonging

Good company

Good company to work for,Very patient, and relaxed. Birthday off. Different every day. New skills to learn. Can be quiet some days and some shops are quiet

Awful.

Working for Timpson seems like a great job from the outside. In reality it is far from it. There is no job/work life balance, managers of stores are expected to go above and beyond, majority of the time doing the area teams jobs for them, while getting no benefits from it. They lie about payrises to keep you from leaving. It reaks of favourtism no matter what area you are in. My nan passed away, and I left the store (after following procedures) and then when I said later that day I wouldn't be in the next day, I was made to feel wrong and bad for it, because they'd struggle to open stores. You get 1 hour unpaid break a day. But you aren't allowed to close the store for that amount of time, so you'll find yourself having a lunch with store open, meaning an interupted break. All the while you aren't paid for that hour!

Pros

Bonus pay is alright

Cons

Everything else

Great place to work if you're making money

Great place to work if you like lots of responsibility. Very varied work but you can be left on your own all day not knowing how you are going to get through the day. Some managers Very helpful Some don't want to know. Beware the biggest drawback being moved miles away.

Pros

No one breathing down your neck and you can work your way up. Free holidays.

Cons

Long days on your own with no proper breaks. You can be moved to any location miles away permanently

Fun and friendly place to work

Had an excellent management when I used to work At Camden Town. Had lovely colleagues. The rewards and the holiday houses reserved for staffs was excellent although I never hired them. The have the most excellent way to appreciate anyone who walked for their company.

Pros

Bonus and rewards

Cons

Nothing to say

Lack of skilled staff

Huge lack of skilled staff. They allow the good ones to leave rather than pay them the pay they deserve. Trainees run branches and the experienced staff have to pick up the pieces.

Great place to work with lots of benifits

Greatbplace to work, Timpson make the shop colleagues the most important colleagues in the business.Everyone else is there to support them to do their job to the best of their ability.

Family Environment

Fun, family run business, with fantastic benefits. Excellent chance of promotion due to promoting from within the business and with different brands the opportunities are endless.

Pros

Company owned holiday homes for free

Distopian

Work culture based on worshipping a millionaires' family and making them more money while they corner the market on their nieche and pay skilled employees minimum wage.You don't mind joining a soul less 9 to 5 that drains your time while giving you just enough to feed yourself and preys on your pride as a craftsman, well this workplace got you covered.Upward mobility is possible expect to work 10x harder for 1.5x the pay you were receiving.

Fun and well looked after

Fast paced and enjoyable, always something different every day. Lots of good benefits and good training set up. Lots of friendly people to work with & alway help around the corner

Pros

Friendly place to work

Enjoyable place to work

From the moment I joined the company I felt like part of a team and a family. If you work hard you get rewarded and you can progress quickly. The are lots of benefits that include bonus scheme, holiday homes, birthday off and more.

Pros

Overtime, bonus and progression

Enjoy the job

Good company to work for, busy and always something to do. No day is ever the same every customer is different. Good to get around covering different shops for holidays and peoples rest days. Decent pay and a bonus incentive each week. Management are always there for you in good times and the bad.

Pros

Good and achievable bonus scheme, overtime there if you want it, area team always there for help and advice

Your own boss

Love working here, having worked outdoors its a nice warm environment, all sociable hours and interesting. Able to run shop as if its my own and use the best equipment. Training is good and i enjoy learning and being hands on. Team that look after us are brilliant and always on hand should i need help in or out or work.

Productive & supportive

A great place to work with supportive, sociable colleagues, great benefits and great opportunities for advancement within the company, and plenty of opportunities to socialise with colleagues at area get togethers

Pros

Great benefits

Cons

Can involve a lot of travelling

I’ve worked for Timpson for 18 years. It’s one of the best places I’ve worked. I enjoy repairing things. I repair car keys and shoes mostly. The days fly in.

I’ve been with Timpson LTD 19 years and never looked back. I started out as a trainee branch manager and have progressed up the ladder to an area development manager. I have learned a lot of skills during this time and the company is always looking to progress their services to make sure we are current with the times.

Pros

Bonus scheme

Been here for 15 years never looked back

Started out in a branch and got to know the basics around the store quickly progressed to branch management and then on to a field management role where i get to train new colleagues and help them progress thier careers. If you put the work in the rewards are endless from staying in holiday homes for free to nights out with other colleagues.

Pros

Excellent bonus opportunities, Rewarding company, excellent career progression prospects

Great company to work for. Supportive with great benefits.

I have found Timpson to be a great place to work. It isn't perfect but where is! One thing i can tell you from my experience is that the support from upper management is first class. literally anything from mental health issues or money troubles Timpson tries their best to help. Progression opportunities always seem to be there, and you can even transfer to another part of the company if you want to try something new or have a change of circumstances. I love working on watches which is another big bonus for me.

Pros

loads of benefits, great support, Family feel, flexible

Nice place lots to learn

Nice place to work, lots to learn with key cutting. Watch maintenance and shoe repair dry cleaning. Meet lots of interesting people. No 2 days are the same it's mostly full on and the day flies by, unfortunately the manager where I work wasn't supportive or helpful but I guess you can't have it all in one job!

Pros

Learn different skills and mostly nice colleagues

Cons

Store management are the worst ever!

Freedom to make customers happy & opportunities to learn new things

Excellent company to work for. Lots of opportunities to take part in experience/new skills/career development. Feel listened too and very much part of a team. Most enjoyable part is helping customers and finishing a job that makes them happy

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Timpson Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement