Tingdene Homes

Working at Tingdene Homes: 35 Tingdene Homes Reviews

United Kingdom35 reviews

Awful environment

The environment is awful, if your face doesn’t fit your normal working day will be made difficult. Company are so worried about the negative reviews, they ask employees via work email to post positives reviews so the company looks better. Unhelpful members of departments and pointless promotions made as this encourages members to not assist others.Wouldn’t recommend.

Happy and Vibrant place to work

Tingdene is a happy and vibrant place to work, fast paced with challenges along the way but every department and member of staff at all levels are always happy to help, give guidance and ensure we all reach our goals to be the best we can at our job roles.

Insights into Tingdene Homes

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Supportive environment
  • Support from manager
Areas for improvement
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Trust in colleagues
  • General feeling of work happiness

Full of different opportunities

Great place to work, full of different opportunities. Management are great with progression and will help you in any way they can. Great people, never a boring moment.

Pros

Great people, always such a laugh

Encouragement and Progression

I have been working here almost 5 months now and have been encouraged in all aspects of my job and made to feel very welcome.Management are eager to assist with your progression and work WITH you to get the most out of your experience working at Tingdene. There are stressful days but everyone works as a team to get the job done.

Great people and full of opportunities

High pace, challenging work. Plenty of opportunities for those willing to put in the effort. Continuous and visible improvements have been made, and continue to be made, around the business.

Pros

Great people & challenging work

A workplace for all cultures

I find working at Tingdene to be both challenging and rewarding and have the full support of my management and work colleagues.With working hours spread over 4.5 days a week it gives you a good home/work life balance with overtime being available most weeks.

It is full of Good Vibes and never a boring moment

When I started working at Tingdene I was worried that I was going to Fail in the HR role but The people who are higher in HR had a structure for me to go by what was helpful and was easy for to me to learn by they never rushed me or expected me to Know what to do.People at Tingdene are respectful and Nice you do not hear alot of negative comments often.it is like a big family !.

Advocate of change/Good opportunities for advancement

Since starting at Tingdene Homes I am consistently developing my knowledge within the department. Colleagues and co workers are always friendly and approachable, no day is the same which makes it challenging and rewarding. Opportunities for advancement are continually promoted.

Great opportunities for progression

Very busy work environment, with at times demanding workload, however there is support available from senior management.Company are passionate about improving processes and procedures and developing staff in their chosen career paths.

unorganised management and inaccurate wages

management overwork and pressure staff into overtime, unorganised and always blamed staff for being behind schedule. wages were never accurate according to hours worked and hr were always slow to amend this

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Tingdene Homes?

11 years and still going strong :)

I started working at Tingdene Homes in 2009 and have seen the company grow and advance tremendously over the years. I've changed job roles within the company a few times now and always had the training and support needed to be able to progress.I'm enjoying my time working here. Management have always been supportive and encouraging.

Pros

Early finish Fridays, great team spirit

Great Place To work

Been with Tingdene Homes for 16 years, pleasure to work for, always been good to me, pay is good, management are understanding although there is still targets to meet, couldn't imagine working anywhere different.

Long time employee

I've been at Tingdene for over 15 years now. I've made good career progression and have been given the tools I need to perform well. I can be stressful at times, but that's the same in any job I suppose. However it's really rewarding seeing a quality home go out the door and you know that the hard work was worth it.

Productive with a nice team of people.

A nice place to work with a strong team of people. Room for progression if you are ambitious with management ready to listen to new ideas and suggestions.

Pros

Career progression & finishing at 1pm on Fridays.

Cons

Occasionally long hours.

Used by the owners as thier personal bank accoount

One of the worst places I have ever worked. Management are only interested in filling their pockets and the there is a miserable work culture within the company

Pros

4 day week

Cons

everything else

False hopes...donkey ...carrot....

"Family " run business run by 2 families......you will get on if your in the "in" crowd. You are expected to not have a life outside work and that tingdene be the only thing you talk about it! In house relationships are a must as well.No benefits like sick pay and deductions if your late!A must quality is that your a "yes" person and must be full of self importance and you can be there for 25 years and get no way in your career! No job security and no progression...so what you waiting for!

Pros

Finishing at the end of the day

Cons

Having that shocking realisation when you wake up that you have to go back

Toxic environment, unappreciated and overworked.

Run by people who have no life other than this industry. The expectations are for you to spend and dedicate your life and spare time here with no monetary benefit or appreciation. Management are a bunch of children who spend half their time gossiping, throwing tantrums (LITERALLY) and being hysterical makes for an uncomfortable and unsettling work environment. After doing additional days, hours, work and tasks outside of my standard role you find they do not appreciate you and merely expect this. Expecting you to take on several job roles and tasks while departments struggle with lack of staff and refusal to employee anyone to help. Never receiving any payrises, contracts or security steer clear. If you want to join the industry wait for Prestige Homeseekers to have an opening.

Pros

Cons

Slave driven, toxic environment, unprofessional management

Covid-19 more organised

What can I say if I could leave no stars I would they have no vision or sense and use bully boy tactics to try run the so called production line only reason place is bearable is the people that work there as caravan engineers make it a brighter day if they know it’s day or night health and safety is a joke and only used when suits them so worried about someone stealing a battery you lock them away but yet people can put all the stock in there pocket and walk it out sort it out

Pros

Not there anymore

Cons

Had to be there to find out

Bad bad place to work.

Absolutely rubbish place to work management don’t know anything and take their stupidity out on the staff. They sack staff at a moments notice for anything, work you to death while you are there . Your tools will be stolen, they will demand overtime. As far as jobs go I’d rather be unemployed.

Not recommend to anyone very poor management

Hours good ,very bad management, pay is ok some not had pay rise for years tho,, high turn over of staff there,, health and safety applys when it suits them,

productive/hard work,but good,learnt alot

hard work,but good place to work,good employees to work with,canteen area,smoking hut,off road parking,learnt mveany news jobs,and was given the time by management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tingdene Homes. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement