TIP Trailer Services

TIP Trailer Services Employee Reviews

Long days

If you like solving queries all day or reconciling supplier statements then this is the job for you. The invoices are sent to Poland for processing so the Accounts Payable Assistant role is to solve any problems with the purchase order numbers supplied to vendors - not much variety to this role.

ex carrington fitter

the people at Carrington depot are not very intelligent and don't like outsiders most have a small town hillbilly mentality and long term staff are lazy and very protective of there job because there good for nothing else.expect to be set up to fail to make the long termers feel better about themselves.tip have a live for work culture so don't like people that stay off when ill or people who have a life out side of tip.the new tip owners should have a good sweep out as there's lots of rubbish on the floor.

Pros

lots of investment by parent company

Cons

money wasted on a basket case

Not a family friendly company.

They dont like you having time off even for family emergencies. If you have any time off what so ever they will not give you a contract and will just let you go after your 3 month probation.

very slow paced to what I'm previously used to but there is a lot more care taken with health and safety as to what I've been used to

having worked there for just over a year, I can say that as an msg the job is quite slow paced and probably the easiest job I've ever had. I don't like the fact that you don't get paid door to door like most mobile jobs as this can become confusing when adding any over time on to your wage. the worse thing about the job is the low level parts dept you have to deal with on a daily basis and their lack of knowledge and experience can really grind you down and get frustrating at times.

Great pay and benefits, but very high pressure

THE POSITIVES The pay is fantastic and other great benefits - healthcare, pension, staff helpline. HR are good, my line managers were fantastic...and so were all the staff. People do try to support each other and I did feel supported by colleagues, managers and HR. My direct line manager was fantastic and would do anything to support Close knit culture amongst the colleagues and there are times where we laughed or had jokes and I do miss the crew Plenty of room for growth, promotion, if a person wanted to follow that path NEGATIVES (for me) It is a very very high pressure job, - literally ten hours a day of one problem or issue piling up on top of another. You are putting fires out Some people thrive in this environment, but others do not. In my honest opinion - for me, to work in such a high stress environment was sacrificing my mental health for money. If you can deal with stress, you can go a long way, as like I said, pay and benefits are excellent - we are all different

Productive workplace

Great management. learnt a lot of skills and gained many qualifications and licences. I worked solo and part of a team. Good potential career path for employees

good work place

National and global company. Diverse job/working day including all aspects of administration, customer service and technical/ mechanical knowledge. Learning vast amounts of specialist knowledge regarding commercial commercial trailers and associated equipment and company in house computer programs, company customer basis and customer repors. Supportive management team with regular site visits from management team from across the country. Excellent working team who do their best to help every member of staff irrespective of position.

Pros

Good working relationships

Cons

Can be long hours

Interesting

The day doesn't stop from entering work at 8.30am until leaving at 5.30pm, which I enjoy as I am doing different things all day as part of my job. I've learnt many things at TIP as I had never worked with Trailers and it is very interesting as we are a VOSA Testing Station. Everyone goes into a job not knowing something about their current workplace and there is always something new to learn. The hardest part of the job as we are a Trailer Hire firm is getting to grips with the different Trailers we have on offer and knowing the customers requirements. The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing I have been able to fulfil our customers wishes both old and new.

Pros

Quarterly Bonuses

Cons

Long Hours - 45 hours per week

Productive fun place to work

Very good to work for management are excellent and all staff are very professional are very organised im gutted that i left great days learnt loads workplace culture was great.

Pros

Close to home

No Comment

I am not aloud to comment on the company as per signed contract terms and conditions. It was a happy place to work with lovely management. No comment on anything other.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TIP Trailer Services. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3Job security/advancement